Wish Morrissey was like the Pixies in at least one way...

E

embattled

They are releasing live discs from the shows on the North American leg of their tour. 15 total! Kind of like what Pearl Jam did (I think it was them). That'd be great instead of the mostly sub par bootlegs. Don't get me wrong. Some of the boots have been quite nice and I'm appreciative to be able to have them but I'd obviously prefer them all off of the mixing board. One can hope ;-)

http://www.nme.com/news/108048.htm

> They are releasing live discs from the shows on the North American leg of
> their tour. 15 total! Kind of like what Pearl Jam did (I think it was
> them). That'd be great instead of the mostly sub par bootlegs. Don't get
> me wrong. Some of the boots have been quite nice and I'm appreciative to
> be able to have them but I'd obviously prefer them all off of the mixing
> board. One can hope ;-)

Huh. Some months back a fan of Frank Black's posted a suggestion to him on his web site that he should press CDs of shows and sell them after each concert. Which I think is a brilliant idea. Although I don't know about this limited edition, 500 sold online and 500 sold at the concert. If it were feasible, I'd love to be able to buy a CD of a concert I just attended as I was leaving.

I was reading about this on Tiny Mixtapes. I think it's f***in' brilliant idea, being able to purchase a bootleg of the show you just witnessed only minutes after it being over. Although $30 a pop is kinda ridiculous, it sure as hell beats buying a shitty tour shirt of the same price. Pixes rule! Frank Black < Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom