Wimbledon

Interesting Thug

Breadknife Collector
Anyone watching? Thought Laura Robson was impressive today for a kiddie, came so close to winning it in the second set. How do people rate Murray's chances?

As a proud Brit, I feel disappointed at the lack of the sense of inevitable disappoinment without Tim flying the flag for us. The false sense of hope, the mounting hysteria, the 100% failure rate. It's just not the same!

But Nasty, what about Andy Murray? He's a Scotsman and therefore a British person.

EDIT: it's Monday so I'm allowed to be incredibly slow on the uptake.

So: what will you persons of the British Isles do if Andy Murray wins the whole shebang - will it destablise the nation psychologically?

Last edited:
But Nasty, what about Andy Murray? He's a Scotsman and therefore a British person.

EDIT: it's Monday so I'm allowed to be incredibly slow on the uptake.

So: what will you persons of the British Isles do if Andy Murray wins the whole shebang - will it destablise the nation psychologically?

We'll probably do like what we do when the England rugby team won the world cup and the cricketers won the Ashes.....
we'll go around for 3 and a half minutes pretending to know the rules and care about the game...... and then forget about it and go back to football again:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Bandwagon jumpers do my head in. Everyone all of a sudden became the biggest cricket fan in the world in September '05, by the start of the Pakistan tour they were all like "What's lbw mean lol?". :tears:

That's why I always make sure I have at least some good knowledge of every major sport, I can join in with all victories and not feel guilty.

I only care about Roger Federer:guitar:

I LOVE wimbledon; it reminds me so much of being little and my mum watching it for hours and hours on end. We had a picture of john McEnroe on the wall in our living room (class) and my mum was obsessed with Agassi.
And we went to wimbledon once and the people in front of us told us off for cheering too loud so I told 'em to go watch it at home. :)
It's not been the same during the Henman years, I must say.
I think Andy Murray could win it, and will win it, in the next five years.
Shame he looks just like Butthead.
images

andy
andy-murray_1_0.jpg

butthead

How very British that our "hero" is not fit in the looks department.:(

how very sexist of me.:straightface:

How very British that our "hero" is not fit in the looks department.:(

how very sexist of me.:straightface:

Yeah if we could have one that didn't look like they'd been smashed in the face with a tennis racket it'd be nice.
But that's not sexism. It's ugliest.

What's Henman hill now called then?Not Murray Mound or something equally daft?

I'm hoping for a bit of Sir Cliff in the rain like the good old days.Good times......:rolleyes:

Tennis is the only sport I like too, because you can just bugger off for an hour and come back and it just goes on. It's like deal or no deal.
i cant play it though.

But can you combine Wimbledon and BB?

It's an art form.:p

Yay Wimbledon, hopefully my work will put it on the TV in reception so I can watch, they put it on last year :thumb:.

What's Henman hill now called then?Not Murray Mound or something equally daft?

I'm hoping for a bit of Sir Cliff in the rain like the good old days.Good times......:rolleyes:

Murray Molehill (as *someone* tagged below:thumb:)

There is a covered roof over centre court now, built specifically to stop cliff richard from performing live at Wimbledon:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I'm watching it in a tiny box on my computer at work and someone just outed me... boo!
Might get home in time for Murray...

Murray's match yesterday was a bit boring; at least he looked strong though. There's hope, there's hope!
Mardy Fish playing later... is that the best name on the planet or what?

Tags
fila borg henman hill murray mount murry molehill
Back
Top Bottom