why i am like this

F

Fabricio

i don`t know.

i heard recently too many times "the best of morrissey!" cd and i liked it very much. The guy is the most important composer and singer ever in my opinion and he`ll be this way the rest of my days.

but i was thinking... i am hearing lightnin` hopkins now, he was a great blues singer.

i bought the best of pink floyd and i think it`s wonderful.

i have problems here when i say i love rap and nu-metal.

probably i have 200 cds, cassettes or lps from bach.

i have perhaps 20 cds of schubert lieder and i hear schubert almost every day. Yesterday i was hearing in my car a schubert lieder cd and a guy gave me congratulations. He said almost nobody hear these kind of songs and that he had a collection of it... i thought to myself that if he saw me hearing linkin park very loud i would not receive these congratulations.

as for most of you guys, i hear like you oasis, belle and sebastian and beatles and few more... but normally i don`t hear songs that have the same style of morrissey...

why this? perhaps these bands always lose when compared to my beloved moz...

merry christmas everyone

Merry Christmas to you too, Fabricio!

Like you, I also don't really listen to artists who would really be considered Morrissey's contemporaries. "Britpop" was never really my thing, and Oasis, Suede and Pulp and bands like that...apart from a few songs, I never really got into them.

Of course, having said that, Belle and Sebastian are one of my favorite bands.

> Merry Christmas to you too, Fabricio!

how sweet of you... how was your Christmas?

> Like you, I also don't really listen to artists who would really be
> considered Morrissey's contemporaries. "Britpop" was never
> really my thing, and Oasis, Suede and Pulp and bands like that...apart
> from a few songs, I never really got into them.

hehe... i am glad i am not the only one like this here, lifeguard...

> Of course, having said that, Belle and Sebastian are one of my favorite
> bands.

for me too! but perhaps they don`t seem too much britpop...

> how sweet of you... how was your Christmas?

Oh, same as usual: WAY too many people crammed into my parents' modest-sized house. But it was nice to see the relatives again.

How was yours?

> for me too! but perhaps they don`t seem too much britpop...

Oh, that's for sure. I just recently found out that they put out a new single (I've been SO out-of-the-loop lately) so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Forgot the title, but have you heard it yet?

> Oh, same as usual: WAY too many people crammed into my parents'
> modest-sized house. But it was nice to see the relatives again.

i have a modest-sized house too, but my father not. So we always go there... and it`s good seeing our relatives sometimes, isn`t it?

> How was yours?

it was very good. There was few people there, but everybody was happy.

> Oh, that's for sure. I just recently found out that they put out a new
> single (I've been SO out-of-the-loop lately) so I'm going to pick it up
> tomorrow. Forgot the title, but have you heard it yet?

the title is 'I'm Waking Up To Us' and includes three previously unreleased tracks, 'I'm Waking Up To Us'*, 'I Love My Car'* and 'Marx and Engels' as i have seen in their official page (it seems only moz don`t have an official page, don`t you think it`s funny?). I didn`t heard it yet (i wrote here i heard it but it was a mistake), but surely it must be good. Their last works (jonathan david and fold your hands child you walk like a peasant) were really really great. It`s not that easy for a band maintaing its quality, don`t you think?

have you already heard it?

they went to brazil recently (i didn`t go) and they are making a huge success here, what is a little bit strange. Anyway some boring people seems to like b&s in brazil... but it seems there`s always boring people everywhere...

Back
Top Bottom