Who would you like to write the music for the next album-assuming there is to be one?

Who would you like to write the music for the next album-assuming there is to be one?

• Total voters

Maurice E

With the absence of new material on the current single, now’s a good time, perhaps, to have a think about the next Morrissey recording and who we‘d like to see contribute, musically.
Have set the poll so you can tick multiple responses; consider it a special bank holiday weekend gift!

Re: Who would you like to write the music for the next album-assuming there is to be

I voted someone else. Not that I dislike the music, but he might as well go in a new direction at this point. The public's indifference to his typical sound is fast depressing me.

I have no idea who I'd want to collaborate with him right now. In years past I would've said David Gavurin or Bernard Butler. Now? I don't know. Vini Reilly on guitars freely interpreting songs written by Will Sergeant, all tied together with additional music and produced by Brian Eno.

Or, let me be pelted with rotten vegetables and suggest he hire Vampire Weekend as his backing band. :)

Re: Who would you like to write the music for the next album-assuming there is to be

Or, let me be pelted with rotten vegetables and suggest he hire Vampire Weekend as his backing band. :)

that would be awesome.

John Maher...no, it can't be, surely not...

Mozzy Babie needs to go electronic and become more dance friendly :)
Stephan_20Groth.jpg

Stephan Groth could help with that :thumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephan_Groth

that would be awesome.

Gold star for that one, nugz. :guitar:

If nothing else they'd be ideal for re-recording "Kill Uncle" properly. :)

Last edited:

Oh, then he'd definitely win American Idol! :rock:

well, thats as far as i can argue the point since i have never seen more than a few seconds of that program :confused:
how bout you Worm? :crazy:

Burt Bacharach. No, seriously. Morrissey wants to be a crooner, and he'd certainly write better lyrics on top of Bacharach's music than Elvis Costello did in 1998.

Not John Tesh?

I'd kinda like to see Morrissey play with a rocking jazz band (but without horns, for god's sake). I think that he missed a huge opportunity to move into an interesting, new direction when he did "Maladjusted" (the song, not the album), which had a very arrhythmic, jazzy feel to it. It has one of his few examples of using enjambment. I originally hated the song; now I think it's one of his best.

A collaboration with Peter Buck and/or Mike Mills would certainly be interesting. However, it wouldn't break any new ground.

The best possible choice would be Johnny Greenwood. Greenwood would push Morrissey in a new direction which he has refused to venture in for quite some time.

Greenwood would push Morrissey in a new direction which he has refused to venture in for quite some time.

I don't get it. Jonny Greenwood isn't a woman. :confused:

Alain/Johnny.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom