Who Put the M in Manchester

youhavekilledme

I am watching the dvd again now to make up for the loss of not managing to grab a london ticket... and i was just wondering who is speaking at the start of the dvd, where it shows locations in manchester and fans... and whether it's something morrissey wrote or?

Tried a google search but nothing came up

Cheers

Big Hard Excellent Fish - the Imperfect list

In 1990 a single called “Imperfect List” was released under the project name of “Big Hard Excellent Fish”. The spoken-word track is a list of 64 least favourite people and things read by Wylie's then girlfriend and collaborator Josie Jones. The list was written by Wylie and the track was recorded by Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins, although Wylie is not credited on the record. The list ranges from 'Adolf Hitler' to 'lost keys'. In 2004, “Imperfect List” was used by Morrissey at shows prior to his appearance on stage. The track appears on Morrissey’s video of live performance “Who put the M in Manchester?”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Wylie :thumb:

makes the hairs on my neck stand up everytime i hear it!! reminds me of the anticipation, waiting for moz to appear. xx

It's my favourite dvd of all time.Shoplifters is just brilliant.

Shame we don't have another since then.

Thanks for this, had no idea it was a single...just downloaded it from Amazon for 69p!

BTW, can somebody please tell me HOW I add a picture to my posts on this forum?? Ta.

BTW, can somebody please tell me HOW I add a picture to my posts on this forum?? Ta.

You can either use the image that looks like a paperclip when you post -- above the text box, the first row of tools, nearer to the right (it'll say 'attachments' when you hover over it) -- or the 'insert image' box, which is a yellow box with what looks like a mountain inside, above the text box, second row of tools, closer to the right. But if you use the latter, it will ask you for a URL, whereas with attachments you can upload straight from your computer :thumb:

I wrote that :D !

Refer also to Pete Wylie's comments on the project and how he was never criedited with the work. On the Morrissey DVD a certain "Jake Walters" is credited.

http://www.petewylie.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1223546806
220px-Wyliepic.jpg

Last edited:
makes the hairs on my neck stand up everytime i hear it!! reminds me of the anticipation, waiting for moz to appear. xx

I love hearing it too but quite a few of the things she says are difficult to make out and it's cuz of her scouser accent either.

I didn't realise this was an actual track.. just assumed it was specially recorded for the live shows put to an ambient backing track - which I think works really well to the backdrop of scenes in and around Manchester.

A great live show however

Back
Top Bottom