where is the old guard?

The thing is that there are people in here that are wondering what
Morrissey would do in certain situations.
Really I find that funny, but some might not.
I suppose each to his/her own.
But as far as being clever and witty, I'll leave that to Morrissey himself.
I know some people don't get my sense of humour or don't know when
I'm being serious or not, but I'm used to that.
Honestly, all things change and so do websites.
That's the reason it's different in here. Some have moved on.
Some aren't fans anymore. Some are dead.
Some have changed their names. Some have gone to another site......

Re: set the record straight

:rolleyes:

Did you like Mozwa which slogan was 'Morrissey would approve'?

Site administrator is running the site 13 years, knows there's nothing can stop people posting nasty stuff about Morrissey.

Regarding JJ, you actually don't know the whole story.
Jukebox Jury started harassing me sometime in 2009.
During the same period he was given two 3 day timeouts for harassing other members, eventually site administrator banned him.
He also registered with my solo user name at your site which shows his true colours.

So you are the first person to drag JJ into the discussion when he is forced to be absent and cannot defend himself but you stay silent when Michelle argues in favour of him/ puts interesting questions regarding the Kewpie/JJ issue? Seems a bit unfair imho

What you like to call "black humor" is not black humor; it's rudeness, which is often derided by Morrissey. When Morrissey says that the world is designed for crashing bores, he's not saying it's a good thing. Had you not gathered that he's against it? The rude jerks who run Solo are the crashing bores.

Also, how convenient for you. I've always figured that the more cruel and unreasonable of the Morrissey fans feel validated by Morrissey's dark side. If only you were all clever enough to pull it off as charmingly as he does. And as infrequently. Many of the rude, insulting, flippant, unreasonable people (some mods) on Solo have taken the prickly side of Morrissey's personality as a sign that it's OK to be a total asshole on a daily basis. It's not. So lots of good people were banned for refusing to lie down and take it. And lots of other people left this site in disgust after seeing how it's run. I personally know at least ten people (roughly counting them in my head as I write this) who have come to Solo and tried really hard to fit in only to leave in disgust.

I don't know how many times I've seen nastiness on Solo defended as "just taking the piss" or as "black humor", etc. That's total BS.

The main reason Solo is so dead is that the mods defend the classless trolling that goes on in here, but not the people who wish to defend themselves from this abuse. This is the result. It's just a bunch of jerk mods and a gang of trolls standing around itching for a fight, yet having nobody left to pick on.

What makes you so f***ing high and mighty? f***ing saint Ibis over there. You need to stop taking everything so seriously.

Last edited:
Yes, really.

just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. you made a statement that "I don't see any evidence of stalking in a single person on this site. Just saying."

The clearest example that comes to mind is the thread asking "where is Morrissey's mother's house?"

you see no evidence of stalking in that statement?

But that's not what you meant, is it? Anyway, you believe what you want. :thumb:

just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. you made a statement that "I don't see any evidence of stalking in a single person on this site. Just saying."

The clearest example that comes to mind is the thread asking "where is Morrissey's mother's house?"

you see no evidence of stalking in that statement?

But that's not what you meant, is it? Anyway, you believe what you want. :thumb:

I hadn't seen that one actually. And anyway the "stalking" element depends on the context in which it was asked. Of course me just saying that I haven't seen evidence doesn't mean that there isn't any or hasn't been any in the past, but I just didn't think there was really anyone on here at present who participated in that kind of behaviour. I wasn't being flippant by saying "Yes, really", just saying that it's not as blatantly obvious to some people as it may be to others.

What makes you so f***ing high and mighty? f***ing saint Ibis over there. You need to stop taking everything so seriously.

She's just describing weeding the garden but mistaking herself as a flower. Go easy on her.

what became of the likely lads and ladies, I can't recognize names in this forum anymoar :(

woa, Pervom! you stopped by and I missed it, damn :tears:
anyways, the old guard remains, but yeah, its just not the same as it was back in the day with Hattie, Him, Kar, Cod, Chica, Kui, Bikie, Grim, Busy Clippers, me & explorey ;)

ps: yes, I could have written more names, I just got tripped up by not wanting to post too many banned usernames :o

in my experience on this board, it seems like 'old' people act like children and ruin the forum amongst themselves.

This is all truly pathetic - many people come here to meet like-minded souls who 'might' understand their varied perspectives but really all they read is put-downs, slaggings, negativity and bitching. It needs to stop - seriously.

I am trying to include younder people in my appreciation of The Smiths/Morrissey and have even pointed them at this site - the comments I hear back are awful ... shouldn't there be a mission statement or something that says if your coming on here, respect other people's lives/backgounds, try as much as you can to be nice, and for god's sake -stop bullying other people!?

i know some smart arse will post a stupid but hilarious comment after me - how hilarious, well done. Have a think first though ... please.

This is all truly pathetic - many people come here to meet like-minded souls who 'might' understand their varied perspectives but really all they read is put-downs, slaggings, negativity and bitching. It needs to stop - seriously.

I am trying to include younder people in my appreciation of The Smiths/Morrissey and have even pointed them at this site - the comments I hear back are awful ... shouldn't there be a mission statement or something that says if your coming on here, respect other people's lives/backgounds, try as much as you can to be nice, and for god's sake -stop bullying other people!?

i know some smart arse will post a stupid but hilarious comment after me - how hilarious, well done. Have a think first though ... please.

Hear, hear.

*nods*
The site is run by jerks though, so I don't think anything will ever change.

I can't believe how ungrateful people are about this site.

You don't know half the story. This site has done a lot for you people, more than you could ever possibly imagine. There are a lot of things that go way over the "dissidents"' heads here.

So why not take a step back and put things in perspective.

Oh and, for people righteously quoting "the world is full of crashing bores", you really don't understand what or who it's actually about, and whose opinion is reported in that song, and why. Don't quote Morrissey to justify your distaste of Solo. You really haven't got a clue what's going on here.

I would have told you, except you're the biggest crashing bore I've never met.

...In the absence of a flag, I'll stand by this site.:cool:

Im thinking...

Tags
barbie ferrari infinite nsfw old guard old school sadness
Back
Top Bottom