What would you like to get for Christmas; what do you think you will get?

• Thread starter The Seeker of Good Songs
  • Start date
Re: I guess 52 million makes it easy

> I kind of believe the Soxs GM when he said he had no idea.Damon is like
> Roger Clemens light.
> Signing Bernie kind of eased the blow though, we are going to need him
> when Damon gets hurt.
> http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5185964 what about Dungy's son, how
> horrible is that?

Yeah, that's pretty f***ed up that he killed himself.

It doesn't look like the Indians are gonna keep their ERA-leader, Kevin Millwood. The Indians haven't done much so far in the offseason, although their core is secure and they only had a few needs, so it's not like they had to do a lot. We got the Angels' Paul Byrd to be our 4th or 5th starter, which may be a slight improvement over Scott Elarton from last season, who gave up too many homers. But it's nothing to get excited about; he's pretty average. We lost our best reliever, Bobby Howry, to the Cubs. I'm not worried about that, though, because they have a lot of bullpen depth, and we've got an absolute lights-out stud of a young gun, Fernando Cabrera, who's ready to step up. But the Indians still need to improve right field, get one more bat, and find another starter. I guess they're gonna turn to their farm system. Who knows. The Central is gonna be rough next season, with all those top-tier pitchers on the Twins and White Sox. Ugh.

As for the East, don't you think Toronto is gonna make a run at the Yankees and Red Sox? The Yankees probably don't have to worry too much, but the Red Sox do!

> Yeah, that's pretty f***ed up that he killed himself.

> It doesn't look like the Indians are gonna keep their ERA-leader, Kevin
> Millwood. The Indians haven't done much so far in the offseason,
> although their core is secure and they only had a few needs, so it's not
> like they had to do a lot. We got the Angels' Paul Byrd to be our 4th or
> 5th starter, which may be a slight improvement over Scott Elarton from
> last season, who gave up too many homers. But it's nothing to get excited
> about; he's pretty average. We lost our best reliever, Bobby Howry, to the
> Cubs. I'm not worried about that, though, because they have a lot of
> bullpen depth, and we've got an absolute lights-out stud of a young gun,
> Fernando Cabrera, who's ready to step up. But the Indians still need to
> improve right field, get one more bat, and find another starter. I guess
> they're gonna turn to their farm system. Who knows. The Central is gonna
> be rough next season, with all those top-tier pitchers on the Twins and
> White Sox. Ugh.

> As for the East, don't you think Toronto is gonna make a run at the
> Yankees and Red Sox? The Yankees probably don't have to worry too much,
> but the Red Sox do!
I'm glad Kevin Brown is gone.
I think it's either going to be the Yankees year or it's going to be a disaster.Derek/Arod/Damon/Shef there is going to be some drama. I just don't think Damon is going to do well in New York. You could be right about Toronto.
How many days until Spring training?
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/spring_training/y2006/schedule.jsp?c_id=nyy
March 19th!! Mark our calanders!!

A blowjob from Moz

And by that I of course mean an X-Box 360.

I'm getting a new turntable (£30, bargain) & i'm giving:
- the new Peter Kay DVD
- a loaf of Malt Bread
- Kate Bush's new CD
- a hamper of alcohol/food from aldi

The Malt loaf went along with a ticket to see the foos two weeks ago though, i'm not THAT cheap.

I'd also very much like a pony, but having asked for one since i was 3, i've resigned myself to the fact that it's never going to happen. Wouldn't know what to do with it now anyway, i'd just poke it a bit & feed it raisins.

Re: I thinK I'm goNNa geT a rinG....

> And I aint ready for iT...

who really ever is?

> I'm glad Kevin Brown is gone.
> I think it's either going to be the Yankees year or it's going to be a
> disaster.Derek/Arod/Damon/Shef there is going to be some drama. I just
> don't think Damon is going to do well in New York.

Oh, look at you worrying over such a line-up. Damon leading off, then Jeter, ARod, etc etc etc., can only mean one thing, You're gonna score early and often. Especially in the first inning when the opposing pitchers' knees are still knocking. That's what I hate most of all about playing the Yankees. The way they rattle pitchers in the first inning. And now you've got a real bullpen. You definitely have a lock on the playoffs. I suppose the rest of us can pray for Randy Johnson being over the hill, Aaron Small being a fluke, your defense choking in the playoffs, and ARod not overcoming his mental problems in the big games. But yeah, a lock on the playoffs, because the Yankees are set up to beat the crap out of the bad teams in merciless fashion, and that's the key to the regular season.

> How many days until Spring training?

I don't know, but I'm sick of the NFL, so it can't come soon enough.

Hey, I went to a Buffalo Sabres game the other day, and Billy Boy Clinton was there! hehehe And it would've been rude not to take part in the standing ovation for him; thankfully no one caught me on film doing that.

>
> http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/spring_training/y2006/schedule.jsp?c_id=nyy
> March 19th!! Mark our calanders!!

It's kind of upsetting that Jim Thome is now with the White Sox. After Omar Vizquel, he was probably the most popular player in Cleveland in the '90s. To have him in the same division on the team we've gotta beat...well, I dunno, his best years are behind him at least.

> What I will, in all probability, receive:

> 1) socks and underwear

Check. Check.

> 2) Holiday tins of cookies and carmel corn

Only carmel corn this year.

> 3) envelopes of petty cash

Check.

A jar of pickles.

And twelve boxes of tea (individually wrapped!) from my step-brother's concubine.

-My only remaining hope for Christmas is to marry into a family that gifts decently. But, for now, I would settle for a bottle of Ouzo and snow on the ground.

> Oh, look at you worrying over such a line-up. Damon leading off, then
> Jeter, ARod, etc etc etc., can only mean one thing, You're gonna score
> early and often. Especially in the first inning when the opposing
> pitchers' knees are still knocking. That's what I hate most of all about
> playing the Yankees. The way they rattle pitchers in the first inning. And
> now you've got a real bullpen. You definitely have a lock on the playoffs.
> I suppose the rest of us can pray for Randy Johnson being over the hill,
> Aaron Small being a fluke, your defense choking in the playoffs, and ARod
> not overcoming his mental problems in the big games. But yeah, a lock on
> the playoffs, because the Yankees are set up to beat the crap out of the
> bad teams in merciless fashion, and that's the key to the regular season.

You heard it here. Damon is not going to hold up to the pressure of playing in New York.Small is going to the bullpen, I'm worried about Wang, I think he might be the fluke.

> I don't know, but I'm sick of the NFL, so it can't come soon enough.
You gotta love Tiki Tuesday!!
did you hear me cheering on Baltimore last night?

> Hey, I went to a Buffalo Sabres game the other day, and Billy Boy Clinton
> was there! hehehe And it would've been rude not to take part in the
> standing ovation for him; thankfully no one caught me on film doing that.
>
Noooooo are you serious!! I don't know what I'm more shocked about, Clinton at a hockey game or you cheering him on. You giving Clinton a standing ovation is like finding out there is no Santa!!

> It's kind of upsetting that Jim Thome is now with the White Sox. After
> Omar Vizquel, he was probably the most popular player in Cleveland in the
> '90s. To have him in the same division on the team we've gotta
> beat...well, I dunno, his best years are behind him at least.
I can understand that, I would be devastated if I had to see Bernie in another uniform.

> You heard it here. Damon is not going to hold up to the pressure of
> playing in New York.Small is going to the bullpen, I'm worried about Wang,
> I think he might be the fluke.

Wang seems good to me, but I only saw him a few times. Is Jaret Wright gonna be in the bullpen? That's where he belongs, ya know? He's too emotional to be a starter, but those emotions can work for him for just an inning or two.

Anyway, it's official now. The Indians lost Kevin Millwood. Ah well. I just hope the Indians don't have to face him next year. BUT...at least Millwood did the right thing and rejected an offer from the Red Sox. I guess now everyone's gotta worry about the Rangers getting into the Wild Card race. Hmm.

> Noooooo are you serious!! I don't know what I'm more shocked about,
> Clinton at a hockey game or you cheering him on. You giving Clinton a
> standing ovation is like finding out there is no Santa!!

Hahaha, well...I'm not hateful enough to boo the guy. One softens towards ex-presidents after they're out of power, unless it's Jimmy Carter. Hell, I wouldn't boo Jimmy at a hockey game either. I leave that kind of behavior to the lefties.

> I can understand that, I would be devastated if I had to see Bernie in
> another uniform.

I didn't mind seeing Thome in a Phillies uniform, far away in the National League. But with the White Sox is weird. I hope they get screwed like they did when they stole Albert Belle from us some years ago...and he had a career-ending injury soon after!

> Wang seems good to me, but I only saw him a few times. Is Jaret Wright
> gonna be in the bullpen? That's where he belongs, ya know? He's too
> emotional to be a starter, but those emotions can work for him for just an
> inning or two.

Wright and Small will be in the bullpen. The Big Unit, Moose, Pavano, Wang, Chacon are the starters.
> Anyway, it's official now. The Indians lost Kevin Millwood. Ah well. I
> just hope the Indians don't have to face him next year. BUT...at least
> Millwood did the right thing and rejected an offer from the Red Sox. I
> guess now everyone's gotta worry about the Rangers getting into the Wild
> Card race. Hmm.
Good thing he didn't go to the dark side. I think we can rule out the Red Soxs.

> Hahaha, well...I'm not hateful enough to boo the guy. One softens towards
> ex-presidents after they're out of power, unless it's Jimmy Carter. Hell,
> I wouldn't boo Jimmy at a hockey game either. I leave that kind of
> behavior to the lefties.
I'd boo Hillary.
What was Clinton doing in Buffalo? What were you doing in Buffalo?
> I didn't mind seeing Thome in a Phillies uniform, far away in the National
> League. But with the White Sox is weird. I hope they get screwed like they
> did when they stole Albert Belle from us some years ago...and he had a
> career-ending injury soon after!
the phillies are the only philly team I can tolerate.

talkin baseball

> Wright and Small will be in the bullpen. The Big Unit, Moose, Pavano,
> Wang, Chacon are the starters.

We've got our rotation set thusly: CC Sabathia, Cliff Lee, Jake "the Snake" Westbrook, Paul Byrd, and Jason Johnson. It's difficult to tell how that'll turn out. But I'm over the loss of Millwood. Whatever. And hmm....I think the Indians' rotation can still match the Yankees', although not the White Sox'. I'm excited by the improvement of CC Sabathia in the second half of last year! If he keeps that up, he can be a Cy Young candidate! And next year will be the year Travis Hafner enters the ranks of Big Papi and ARod and puts up MVP-candidate offensive numbers.

That Chacon joker is probably gonna have a real good year, eh? We need Johnson to be our Chacon. Except he's a diabetic. Yikes.

I hope to God it doesn't take more than 93 wins to get the wild card next year........

> I'd boo Hillary.

HaHa, Hillary's getting enough boos from her own party's base these days! She may have to run as an independant! Let's let the Democrats eat each other. You think the MoveOn.org loons will roll over and support her in the end?

> What was Clinton doing in Buffalo?

I think he was invited by the corporate owner of the Sabres for some bullshit - whatever it is that ex-presidents do. Or, perhaps he wanted to sample the female porker white trash Sabres fans?

Clinton left the game early. He basked in his ovation; no need to stick around after that.

>What were you doing in Buffalo?

Sometimes I think Cleveland isn't quite a smelly enough armpit of a city for my tastes, so I like to visit the even rustier cities of my beloved rust belt. That, and I have a couple friends who live there and invited me to the game, since they're all excited by the Sabres' season so far. Look out for the Penguins next year!

> the phillies are the only philly team I can tolerate.

The only good thing about the Phillies is Kenny Lofton. I dunno...I'm rooting for the Brewers in the National League next year. Miller Time and Miller Park!

Back
Top Bottom