What was the first The Smiths / Morrissey record you bought?

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
Another attempt at a reasonable discussion. Let’s see how this goes.

Mine was ‘Interesting Drug’ in 1989, on 7”. I’d been a fan for a couple of years by then, but couldn’t afford to buy any records until I left school & got a job. I just used to tape them off the radio before that.

I had all his 7”s from then until 1994, by which time I had a CD player. I wish I’d kept them now, they might be worth something but I replaced them all with the singles box sets when they came out.

You talking about singles, or albums? I never bought any singles.

The first album I bought, on cassette was Hatful of Hollow, followed by Meat is Murder, also on cassette, followed by TQID on green vinyl.

...and now I'm wondering where the hell they are.

The first album I bought, on cassette was Hatful of Hollow, followed by Meat is Murder, also on cassette, followed by TQID on green vinyl.

...and now I'm wondering where the hell they are.
Ha ha yeah, I reckon that Green vinyl could be worth a bit. On that subject, I read something last week about someone who sold some original Star Wars toys, unboxed, from the 70’s. One in particular was extremely rare. It made me wonder who would have the foresight to actually not unbox it in case it became worth something.

Mind you, a few years ago, an older mate of mine had all his Beatles records valued (he’d bought them in the 60s when released). I think he thought he was sitting on a fortune, but due to the mass volumes bought at the time, & the fact he’d played them a lot, they really weren’t worth anything.

We mocked him heartily of course.

Ha ha yeah, I reckon that Green vinyl could be worth a bit. On that subject, I read something last week about someone who sold some original Star Wars toys, unboxed, from the 70’s. One in particular was extremely rare. It made me wonder who would have the foresight to actually not unbox it in case it became worth something.

Mind you, a few years ago, an older mate of mine had all his Beatles records valued (he’d bought them in the 60s when released). I think he thought he was sitting on a fortune, but due to the mass volumes bought at the time, & the fact he’d played them a lot, they really weren’t worth anything.

We mocked him heartily of course.
Not sure about any real value with the green TQID, plus as alluded to, have no idea where it is...loft, garage, whatever.

Yes, this was the Star Wars story:

Star Wars toys dumped in Stourbridge garage fetch £250k

The Queen Is Dead, I believe. Cd. May, 2003. Had been a fan or an admirer for a year or two, but that’s when I really took the plunge. One of my best ever decisions.

Viva Hate and Rank at the same time 1988 when Rank came out. I had already had heard The World Won't Listen and it was in my house. Hatful Of Hollow Dec. '88. Rest Jan. '89. All tapes.

images

It was 2004. So now it's 16 years on

The Smiths on vinyl. I remember reading in the NME that there was a limited package available where you would get the TCM single along with the album. Alas, I live in Brussels, and that package was not destined for our market. So I bought TCM single / 12 inch soon after and almost every release since. These were good times.

The Smiths on vinyl. I remember reading in the NME that there was a limited package available where you would get the TCM single along with the album. Alas, I live in Brussels, and that package was not destined for our market. So I bought TCM single / 12 inch soon after and almost every release since. These were good times.
Always been tough living in Brussels...so much to answer for that place :cool:

Back
Top Bottom