What song are you listening to right now?

This is really good, it grabs you in a way that Morrissey's music hasn't for me in years and years. I think it's the people he is collaborating with, they don't serve him well. He ought to collaborate with people who are great songwriters, not whoever will sign his NDA and dress up in silly outfits.

I love this song but the ethics of it worry me a bit? Like, is it OK to write a song from the perspective of a (still living) woman, about her old relationship with her (dead) husband? I dunno.

I love this song but the ethics of it worry me a bit? Like, is it OK to write a song from the perspective of a (still living) woman, about her old relationship with her (dead) husband? I dunno.

Yeah, I see your point. I'd be interested in what she thinks about the song, whether she had been asked, before her biography and identity were appropriated. It's a cute video though, the puppets and all, but also sort of insensitive how they dig into these people's private life.
I remember that Morrissey didn't like 'England is mine' and also hadn't been included in its production at all. Must be a strange feeling seeing your own life being appropriated that way by film makers, as if you are already dead. Small wonder, he turned to all this For Britain stuff, so that nobody would ever even think about appropriating his own life's story into their own mediocre and easily digestable, parasitical lil product again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom