What MOZ thing that was once in progress / rumored do you wish had been spawned?

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
WhippingTheMic2.jpg

A novel!

_166288_Copy_of__166288_FATHER.jpg

What happened to Kim Jong-il's "Race of Morrisseys" cloning program?:p

The autobiography, but i guess its for the best that we'll never see it....

Morrissey's cannonization:)

Definitely his autobiography. Also his book on Johnny Thunders (which at least Bono has read, apparently).

And there were the offers of acting roles...

Approx 15 yrs ago there was a suggestion -I think it was in NME- that Moz might work with Prince. Seems odd. Maybe it was simply made up. I like the idea cause
I like the more commercial/synth/pop tunes Moz did 1988-1990.

Approx 15 yrs ago there was a suggestion -I think it was in NME- that Moz might work with Prince. Seems odd. Maybe it was simply made up. I like the idea cause
I like the more commercial/synth/pop tunes Moz did 1988-1990.

:D I vote that it was made up.

King Leer, where did you hear about the book on Johnny Thunders and Bono having read it? Was it in an interview?If there is really such a a book on Thunders, or anybody else for that matter, I would be really interested to read it. Even his James Dean biography, which he himself said wasn't anything special, is interesting from the point of view of a Moz fan. I think that these essays and books on his idols are the closest we will get to Morrissey writing - indirectly - something about himself. I can't imagine him actually publishing his autobiography... maybe posthumously...

And I can't imagine him ever acting, he could only appear as himself.

When Moz won award in the UK (I'm sure someone here remembers which one exactly -- there haven't been many), he was introduced by Bono on stage. Bono mentioned reading Morrissey's book on Johnny Thunders on their tour bus (a manuscript, I assume) and that it was "a great book." When Morrissey was done accepting his award he came offstage with Bono in a friendly manner. I think he referred to them as "the incredibly sexy U2". This was around the time Bono bigged him up in "The Importance of Being..."

:D I vote that it was made up.

King Leer, where did you hear about the book on Johnny Thunders and Bono having read it? Was it in an interview?If there is really such a a book on Thunders, or anybody else for that matter, I would be really interested to read it. Even his James Dean biography, which he himself said wasn't anything special, is interesting from the point of view of a Moz fan. I think that these essays and books on his idols are the closest we will get to Morrissey writing - indirectly - something about himself. I can't imagine him actually publishing his autobiography... maybe posthumously...

And I can't imagine him ever acting, he could only appear as himself.

1) The "south with morrissey" dvd I would have liked to have seen. This was a documentary filmed on his 1999 tour and would have been similar to the channel 4 doc. Moz blocked it at the last minute after it had been advertised for sale on this site! I was most displeased when my cheque was returned a few days later.

2) Live at the Royal Albert Hall - The second night of the RAH was professionally filmed and was rumoured to be released when he first signed to sanctuary. Maybe it will one day........

Without a doubt the autobiography! That would be an amzing read, especially if it was warts and all. My guess is that he wanted to say so many things and realised that he really just couldn't or shouldn't. What a shame!
I live in hope that this book might just see the light of day sometime.

1) The "south with morrissey" dvd I would have liked to have seen. This was a documentary filmed on his 1999 tour and would have been similar to the channel 4 doc...

It's heartbreaking really. Perhaps, Moz was disenchanted with it / got cold feet. Thanks for reminding us of this lost gem. The only positive I see is it made the Channel 4 documentary that much more anticipated. And that Ch. 4 documentary, along with Moz on Kilborn (September 2002), and the passing of time, played critical roles in his comeback.

Historians note…

Wolverhampton gig vidio/audio.
It's also professionally recorded, yet still no sign of release.

South With Morrissey -- good call. I'd love to see Morrissey and the lads touring that part of the world.

Barry Derbyshire, if you're reading, just put it up on Youtube -- it can't be stopped. With all that's happened in Moz' career since '99, he's not even going to notice!

When Moz won award in the UK (I'm sure someone here remembers which one exactly -- there haven't been many), he was introduced by Bono on stage. Bono mentioned reading Morrissey's book on Johnny Thunders on their tour bus (a manuscript, I assume) and that it was "a great book." When Morrissey was done accepting his award he came offstage with Bono in a friendly manner. I think he referred to them as "the incredibly sexy U2". This was around the time Bono bigged him up in "The Importance of Being..."

there are so many mistakes in this i feel i have to comment ...

it was U2 who won the award
M introduced u2 as "the incredibly sexy ..."
it was in ireland ... M was there by way of his ancestry
bono was talking of u2 being REAL music in the way that
johnny thunders was REAL music ... he said that he thought
M once wrote a book on JT ... M said "well, almost" referring
to his new york dolls book
this was around the time of maladjusted if memory serves
(and perhaps even southpaw if not) hence nowhere near
"the importance of being" which was 2002

Back
Top Bottom