What is Morrissey singing.....

N

Nate

I am really wondering what Morrissey is singing at the end of sudehead on the Bona Fide album, it is the greatest song!
Me and some friends just played it over and over in the car w/the windows down, sunroof open....
but at the end of the song he is singing somthing that sounds like
"doodelay doodelay" or somthing, but it sounds like a real word, not just "doodelay"
was it good lay or good play?
Does anyone know?

> I am really wondering what Morrissey is singing at the end of
> sudehead on the Bona Fide album, it is the greatest song!
> Me and some friends just played it over and over in the car
> w/the windows down, sunroof open....
> but at the end of the song he is singing somthing that sounds
> like
> "doodelay doodelay" or somthing, but it sounds like a
> real word, not just "doodelay"
> was it good lay or good play?
> Does anyone know?

If you're to believe Morrissey, he jokingly insisted (in an old interview) that he was singing, "it was a bootleg."

But yeah, I think it's pretty much a fact that "it was a good lay."

It was originally written as "It was a good play," but as we all know his style to change lyrics, he sang 'It was a good lay.'

Ta!

Re: Excuse me, but two responses and nobody mentioned the fact that the album is called "Bona Drag?"

Re: Excuse me, but two responses and nobody mentioned the fact that the album is called "Bona Drag?"

Whats your point?

Bona Drag is Palare for good clothes.

Eh-hem, Sharron...

It originally happened to be on "Viva Hate..." What's your point? When I responded, it was merely for the info they were asking, not to correct anything..."Suedehead" also happened to appear on Bona drag as part of the compilation, and I believe on one or two others as well...but it appeared first on the afore mentioned.

Did anyone here bother to know the song is about James Dean? I am sure plenty knew that bit of news.

Tata!

Re: Eh-hem, Folly...

> Did anyone here bother to know the song is about James Dean? I
> am sure plenty knew that bit of news.

While I'm aware that the video was a homage to Dean , I don't think Morrissey ever mentioned "Suedehead" as being specifically about him.

THE DVD LYRICS...

When you choose to have the lyrics appear on screen, they say that he is saying "IT WAS A GOOD LAY" But we all knew that already right?

Abrahan

> It was originally written as "It was a good play," but
> as we all know his style to change lyrics, he sang 'It was a
> good lay.'

> Ta!

MozRacer's HomePage
mcmoz.jpg

The Usual Suspect

> While I'm aware that the video was a homage to Dean , I don't
> think Morrissey ever mentioned "Suedehead" as being
> specifically about him.

Like most of Viva Hate, it's about Johnny Marr...

Re: The Usual Suspect

is it now ???

> Like most of Viva Hate, it's about Johnny Marr...

Re: Eh-hem, Sharron...

Eh-hem, according to the original post, the album was called "Bona Fide" by the poster. That's what I was speaking of. No sh!t it was originally on Viva Hate. Do you think I just fell of the turnip truck or what? I was correcting the title of the album.

Re: Just because that's like calling "Grapes of Wrath," "Avacados of Wrath." That's all I meant.

Er, yes...

> is it now ???

Yes. Morrissey has actually stated Angel, Angel Down We Go Together is about Johnny. Oh, and see J Marr's hairstyle circa late 1986. Do you remember that far back?

Well, GEEZE! I was only curious to know if you knew! Have a cow...

Back
Top Bottom