What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

oh goody, a question for me! not bothered at all! i dont know that i can offer many good suggestions though if you've seen all the british crime dramas already.
um let's see... have you tried wallander? it's with kurt branagh, but i think it's swedish or something. it's quite good, but it may take a while to get into it.
i know you said you dont like american series, but have you tried 'the killing'? it's very "unamerican" in the way it's made, more slow and contemplative--i think it's an adaptation of a swedish series--and i cannot recommend it enough! probably the best series i've seen. also, the netflix original "bloodline" is superb. american odyssey is also excellent, and stars the british actress anna friel.
other than, i dont really have any other suggestions. sorry! you could try 'the bridge". it's a swedish or danish production, it's alright, but personally i found it a bit too boring to keep watching.
i just see now that there's a new series on netflix called "nsu german history x" with the fantastic sebastien urzendowsky, so i'll probably give that a try. i dont know if that's your kind of thing or not.

Thanks. Already watched Wallander with Kenneth Branagh and the original Swedish version as well. Also watched The Bridge (Danish/Swedish co-production). I will give The Killing a try and also NSU German History as you suggested. The Netflix people should do a better job in uploading new movies more frequently. Some of the titles are there for over 2 years now. I heard there is a new movie streaming provider coming to Canada sometime this fall showing only independent and foreign movies. So that is something to look forward to.

oh goody, a question for me! not bothered at all! i dont know that i can offer many good suggestions though if you've seen all the british crime dramas already.
um let's see... have you tried wallander? it's with kurt branagh, but i think it's swedish or something. it's quite good, but it may take a while to get into it.
i know you said you dont like american series, but have you tried 'the killing'? it's very "unamerican" in the way it's made, more slow and contemplative--i think it's an adaptation of a swedish series--and i cannot recommend it enough! probably the best series i've seen. also, the netflix original "bloodline" is superb. american odyssey is also excellent, and stars the british actress anna friel.
other than, i dont really have any other suggestions. sorry! you could try 'the bridge". it's a swedish or danish production, it's alright, but personally i found it a bit too boring to keep watching.
i just see now that there's a new series on netflix called "nsu german history x" with the fantastic sebastien urzendowsky, so i'll probably give that a try. i dont know if that's your kind of thing or not.

Wallander with Kenneth Branagh is very good, indeed. He is a huge actor and last episode's acting was fabulous. Now I'm watching Mad Dogs. It's funny, but the script is a little wandering.

Wallander with Kenneth Branagh is very good, indeed. He is a huge actor and last episode's acting was fabulous. Now I'm watching Mad Dogs. It's funny, but the script is a little wandering.
yes, he's a fantastic actor. i really liked his version of hamlet. i havent heard of mad dogs. ill look for it!

Thanks. Already watched Wallander with Kenneth Branagh and the original Swedish version as well. Also watched The Bridge (Danish/Swedish co-production). I will give The Killing a try and also NSU German History as you suggested. The Netflix people should do a better job in uploading new movies more frequently. Some of the titles are there for over 2 years now. I heard there is a new movie streaming provider coming to Canada sometime this fall showing only independent and foreign movies. So that is something to look forward to.
i might give nsu german history a pass if i were you. its alright, but i find the filming a bit weird. i watched the first episode (there are only 3) and it's a bit hard to get into. i mean, it's not bad, but not great, could've been better.
oh! another series that is really good is the spanish series 'grand hotel". im not sure if that would be your type of thing though, it's a period piece, and a bit schmaltzy and drawn out at times, but i found it really well made, engaging and visually stunning.
yeah, netflix has a lot of shit on it, but for ten bucks a month i dont feel like i can complain.
did you like the bridge?
i hope you like the killing! (the last season was filmed here at hatley castle!)

i might give nsu german history a pass if i were you. its alright, but i find the filming a bit weird. i watched the first episode (there are only 3) and it's a bit hard to get into. i mean, it's not bad, but not great, could've been better.
oh! another series that is really good is the spanish series 'grand hotel". im not sure if that would be your type of thing though, it's a period piece, and a bit schmaltzy and drawn out at times, but i found it really well made, engaging and visually stunning.
yeah, netflix has a lot of shit on it, but for ten bucks a month i dont feel like i can complain.
did you like the bridge?
i hope you like the killing! (the last season was filmed here at hatley castle!)

I tried watching the German history last night and it reminded me of my growing-up years in communist Czechoslovakia. Did you know there was always a shortage of something? Oil, toilet paper, sugar, you name it. Before Christmas we were allowed 1 kg of bananas per family and 1 kg of oranges. So, as a family of five we would take turns going to stand in a line to get our kilo. Yes, standing in line. The fresh produce stores didn't have open shelves, but used over the counter system. So if you needed to buy something you had to ask the produce clerk to get it for you. There used to be quite often electricity blackouts. On those nights, we would light a candle in the kitchen and play board games around the kitchen table. Jesus, I can't believe it as I am typing this. I mean, this was just the 70s, not the post-war era. We would take summer holidays at lake Balaton in Hungary and smuggle back to my country otherwise unobtainable items like fine china, jeans, brand name clothing, records and such. Sounds like living in North Korea, right?
I can tell you more about how difficult it was to obtain music from the West (that includes the Smiths). But only if you want.

I tried watching the German history last night and it reminded me of my growing-up years in communist Czechoslovakia. Did you know there was always a shortage of something? Oil, toilet paper, sugar, you name it. Before Christmas we were allowed 1 kg of bananas per family and 1 kg of oranges. So, as a family of five we would take turns going to stand in a line to get our kilo. Yes, standing in line. The fresh produce stores didn't have open shelves, but used over the counter system. So if you needed to buy something you had to ask the produce clerk to get it for you. There used to be quite often electricity blackouts. On those nights, we would light a candle in the kitchen and play board games around the kitchen table. Jesus, I can't believe it as I am typing this. I mean, this was just the 70s, not the post-war era. We would take summer holidays at lake Balaton in Hungary and smuggle back to my country otherwise unobtainable items like fine china, jeans, brand name clothing, records and such. Sounds like living in North Korea, right?
I can tell you more about how difficult it was to obtain music from the West (that includes the Smiths). But only if you want.
yes, sure. that's quite an interesting background, i guess that explains your personality. lol. just kidding...
yes, when i watched german history i couldnt help but think how depressing the store looked.
i went to the communist museum in prague and something that struck me as funny was there was this section that was explaining how you could spend the money you earned, and for an example they gave "for a night of making love a girl could buy soap or shampoo" (or something like that), and it was like "wait..... what? for doing what?" i couldnt believe they listed that as an example :D
i didnt know hungary had it any better. when did you leave czechoslovakia? did you have a happy childhood anyway, or was it pretty miserable?

yes, sure. that's quite an interesting background, i guess that explains your personality. lol. just kidding...
yes, when i watched german history i couldnt help but think how depressing the store looked.
i went to the communist museum in prague and something that struck me as funny was there was this section that was explaining how you could spend the money you earned, and for an example they gave "for a night of making love a girl could buy soap or shampoo" (or something like that), and it was like "wait..... what? for doing what?" i couldnt believe they listed that as an example :D
i didnt know hungary had it any better. when did you leave czechoslovakia? did you have a happy childhood anyway, or was it pretty miserable?

Well, the average income per person was about $200 a month, so that would explain why hiring a prostitute would be only about $7.

Well, the average income per person was about $200 a month, so that would explain why hiring a prostitute would be only about $7.
lol are you purposely being dumb? the fact I found funny was that they listed it as a legitimate way to earn money, not the fact of how much or how little a prostitute earned, a fact which I care about not at all. but you have a foreigners knowledge so you probably wouldn't understand.

Gonna start the get down this weekend. A Netflix original based around black music in the late seventies

Currently on my TV appointment list:

1 - Game of Thrones
2 - The Night Of
3 - Ballers
4 - The Walking Dead
5 - Fear the Walking Dead
6 - Netflix Marvel Series
7 - BBC Sherlock

Yay season two of narcos in like a week. Guess we'll see an end to Pablo though which will be sad since that actor was a big part of the shows appeal. Other good news is that flaked finally got renewed though it'll be a while before I see it. I liked that show especially when all of the pieces of the plot came together. Waiting for house of cards season five though the last season got a bit meandering and surreal and over the top in spots. I don't know how much it's got left in it and hope it doesn't try to outlive itself. Also be interesting to see how the creators leaving will effect season five. Still need to give German history x a shot

I'm watching Queen of the South. Good adaptation of Pérez-Reverte's book. Although the interpretation of the main character is quite shallow. Maybe the actress didn't read the book before the script. I'm guessing, as always...

Season two of narcos is off to really good start. I don't know who's dress Escobar but they're awesome. I swear he's gonna com rout wearing a unicorn sweater next. That and his dead facial expressions and shuffle walk make for an interesting contrast when he gets all angry and dangerous

Just finished The Bridge, series 3.
Absolutely brilliant! I hope there will be a series 4.
Constant high quality in every aspect.
Acting, plot, music, scenery, rythm and atmosphere. Melancholic, but in the Scandinavian sense.
My eyes were glued to the screen.
So good. Impressive.
A must seen.

Nick from FTWD can cover me with undead intestines anytime he likes. :yum: Much more so than Rick from TWD, actually.
But I can have both shows! aaaaaaah.

(In TWD, Glenn can come to my house anytime he likes.)(Rick can't.)

Narcos is over and it was really good. It was well done the way everything gradually fell away from him in such a steady pace giving it an undramatic inevitable feel to the conclusion and driving up the tension of waiting for him to be killed. Also very nice moment when they mentioned that he died without shoes to tie it in to the story his mother told about him as a child. A symbol that he had gone as far back to his humble beginnings as possible. To the point where that insecurity and need to rove himself began. He didn't just want money and power he wanted validation above anything even his family. Gonna be hard going into season three though. They've indicated that there gonna fallow the Cali cartel but they've already established them as not as big or darring a figure as Pablo so its gonna be hard to make them as interesting and they won't have the Robin hood human mythical element Pablo had which is gonna make it a very different story. I feel like its gonna be much more cops and robbers. I myself would've started from a whole different angle with a new location and. New narcos figure. Maybe estaban and tell his story coming out of the Bahamas and selling drugs in Miami

Can we all take a moment to acknowledge how amazing Stranger Things is? I'm sad that I'm out of episodes. I've been binge watching Bob's Burgers but I'm all caught up now. I want to watch Fear the walking dead season 2 but I can't find it online. I need to catch up on TWD before JDM as Neegan takes over my world.

Started watching easy. People are right when they say it feels like a bunch of short films which I don't like but it is really good. Can only watch in small doses though

Watch season one of haters back off. Men. It had good actors from the office and east bound and down good character development goes wardrobe but its like they forgot to write a story or jokes. Never gets past its premise

Back
Top Bottom