What do you think of 'People Are The Same Everywhere'?

What do you think of 'People Are The Same Everywhere'?

• Total voters

Maurice E

If Morrissey was to publish a list of 'new songs of which I'm most proud' it's likely that 'People Are The Same' would be at the top. He's played it more times than any of the other new ones live (I think) and has also performed it live on UK radio and US television shows. I'd say there's a fair chance it'll be the first single from the new album if/when it gets recorded/released.
So what do we think of the song?

Rawr, rawr, rawr.

If Morrissey was to publish a list of 'new songs of which I'm most proud' it's likely that 'People Are The Same' would be at the top. He's played it more times than any of the other new ones live (I think) and has also performed it live on UK radio and US television shows. I'd say there's a fair chance it'll be the first single from the new album if/when it gets recorded/released.
So what do we think of the song?

It's an embarrassment. Moz has put a half-listenable vocal melody over the thrashing and bashing, but even his knack for a hook can't save it. Yack.

It's an embarrassment. Moz has put a half-listenable vocal melody over the thrashing and bashing, but even his knack for a hook can't save it. Yack.

Yeah, it's a bit baffling. It needs a chorus or some extra musical section, really. I don't even think Radio 2 would play it (let alone Absolute or XfM) which would have serious consequences for album sales if it's the first single. I think Action would be a good-enough lead single though (similar quality to Paris and You Have Killed Me) and Art-Hounds better still.

I think the only reason he's playing it so much is because it's the best thing he has up his sleeve as far as a new set of songs go, and he's trying to grab the attention of a major label with it

I think the only reason he's playing it so much is because it's the best thing he has up his sleeve as far as a new set of songs go, and he's trying to grab the attention of a major label with it

Is it though? I think "Action.. and/or Art-Hounds would be more "radio-friendly" single choices. Scandinavia is a better song that both - so in true Moz tradition, it will probably be a B-side.

Back
Top Bottom