Vancouver, BC - Orpheum Theatre (Oct. 15, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / I Wish You Lonely / Irish Blood, English Heart / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / I Am Hated For Loving / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / Home Is A Question Mark / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / I Won't Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead

Setlist courtesy of the setlist.fm

well SINCE YOU ASK, im afraid it's not so simple as that. I mean, I SORT OF had a great time. I got a kick out of seeing mozzer as a REAL being right there before me, closer than ive ever seen him. but I also came away feeling vaguely offended. I hate that sensation of being jostled that you get in large crowds of obnoxious people. it's a sensation that stays with me long after the fact. plus it perplexes my mind when im in a large crowd and im just one drop in the bucket. it seems against the natural order of things. it's insupportable. plus, I would ideally like to relate to moz on a more meaningful level than the one that my position as his fan in the audience allows. so all in all im highly dissatisfied with the end result. how can anyone be content that this be just some little aside in their life, a distraction from the normal routine, which routine they will dutifully resume the next day, as though something deeply troubling to the vary marrow of their life, a moment when reality bleached away to show the malfunction underlying it, didn't just happen?!
You may be suffering the typical post-show emptiness. It will pass. I don‘t like being part of a crowd either, but it‘s the price to pay for live music.

Wow. Pretty surprised he actually played these shows. When was the last time he played Vancouver, 2004? I still have my tickets somewhere for the Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary show that were cancelled for whatever reason back in 2001 or 2002.

and I cant be placated with my new Morrissey mug because they didn't bloody have any mugs! now how am I supposed to drink coffee in the morning?!?!?! :(

Out of your mother's box.

Except I'm not Pete. I'm a proud Grandmother with inter racial Grandchildren to boot you moronic blockhead.

Was it because of mental illness, or a political statement? Nope ...Wants a welfare check for its circus atractions!

Do not pick on my Jessie. Rifke. I love the jack the ripper. Song and t specially Jessie's Guitarrs riffs solo. Very orgasmic! So shut your mouth ! and go back to the background You mean face!
i realize that my negative attitude last night was just me sulking because I had a bad seat. this time I had a great seat, and while not in eyebrow-ridge-touching distance, I was close enough that I could actually see each wrinkle and fold and crack and crevice on his face as well as be able to note the precise moment when he became all crazily sweaty (about 0:22 in). eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :love::love::love: for some reason seeing him close up reminded me of seeing the statue of hilter at the wax museum--in regards to size, that is. i was surprised that he looked smaller, not as monolithic as I imagined. he's really just a slight little thing, not tubby at all. spent a great portion of the concert, while not gazing up raptly at sexy moz (sexy moz is right: jack the ripper was about the hottest thing I had ever seen in my life!!), chuckling to myself about the anon telling me not to pick on jesse for his ugly guitar face. still a lot of dolts at the concert. nothing to be done about that im afraid.

anyway, back to having nothing to live for! im over it though. I may never go to another concert. they're not really my thing. im happy to meet you for tea or blazer (or waistcoat!) shopping or a riveting game of trivial pursuit anytime though, moz, don't you worry about that, lovebug!

This is one of the most bonkers post-show thread ever. Almost no indication of what songs were played at all.

Imagine being a Morrissey fan in Vancouver and waiting 17-18 years for him to return to town and he f***ing plays “you’ll be gone” for you.

So 40 some comments and not a single one about the gig? This place really is a cess pool of f***ing idiots. You’ve got Rifke who is demented on one side and Skinny who is demented on the polar opposite. I’ve had it with this site and the f***tards who frequent it. It was all about Morrissey, now it’s inhabited by people who, I’m afraid, seem deficient mentally to even write a coherent sentence, never mind give any critique of worth. Signing out from the one person here who gives their real name and doesn’t hide behind some wanky pseudonym.

Triumphant !

So 40 some comments and not a single one about the gig? This place really is a cess pool of f***ing idiots. You’ve got Rifke who is demented on one side and Skinny who is demented on the polar opposite. I’ve had it with this site and the f***tards who frequent it. It was all about Morrissey, now it’s inhabited by people who, I’m afraid, seem deficient mentally to even write a coherent sentence, never mind give any critique of worth. Signing out from the one person here who gives their real name and doesn’t hide behind some wanky pseudonym.

Good Call Nathan ! "It's all about the music." The other stuff are fans and fads, ....gone mad.
Morrissey won't change and never has....
No reggae, no jazz...
Maybe, that's why he lasts.

Oh dear, tablets not kicked in yet have they? :pill::pill::pill::pill::pill:

This really takes the biscuit Pete & shows how heavily & seriously demented you really are...the other week you were someone with 'muslim & black mates'; the week after you were a 'person of colour', and now your donning the mantle of a 'Grandmother'...and with 'inter racial Grandchildren' [sic], FFS.

You have more virtual 'disguises' than Arsène Lupin.

(However I'm scoring you quite highly on the imagination, creativity, & hilarity scale).

He was also accosted at the Moz show by several white nationalists that punched him on the head but got away before he called the police.:crazy:
He blew a brain gasket with the bit about the multi racial grandmother:lbf:
all this happening at the cul de sac.:lbf:

Wow! What a load of pretentious bullshit.

A setlist has appeared and added.
I'm guessing 'Will Never Marry' is meant to be Wedding Bell Blues - as thought: now edited.

Regards,
FWD.

Record signing:

This is one of the most bonkers post-show thread ever. Almost no indication of what songs were played at all.

Imagine being a Morrissey fan in Vancouver and waiting 17-18 years for him to return to town and he f***ing plays “you’ll be gone” for you.

So I'm not the only one thinking this! Agreed!

So I'm not the only one thinking this! Agreed!

At the ripe old age of 43 I attended my 1st Morrissey concert and thoroughly enjoyed it. His voice is awesome and the band just brilliant. He's not going to be everybody's cup of tea however don't take his quips and comments literally folks. A lot of it is self deprecating and meant to get you thinking. The Orpheum is a beautiful venue by the way. It won't be my last for sure.

Except I'm not Pete. I'm a proud Grandmother with inter racial Grandchildren to boot you moronic blockhead.
I'm not him either. Respect to Pete for your quiet dignity, through abuse misplaced. Some people find it difficult to come to terms, brainwashed even, that not everyone is a blindly devoted fan. All walks of life are present. To them your posts look mighty foolish. Almost, but not quite as foolish as Morrissey.

I'm not him either. Respect to Pete for your quiet dignity, through abuse misplaced. Some people find it difficult to come to terms, brainwashed even, that not everyone is a blindly devoted fan. All walks of life are present. To them your posts look mighty foolish. Almost, but not quite as foolish as Morrissey.

i do believe you will find pete in a bog near you with all the other s******.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom