TTY: Morrissey's European Tour Concludes (list of favourites)

Morrissey keeping a running tab of his favourite concerts. What a geek! I can imagine him coming off stage each night, getting out his notebook, and scribbling in "All right, Hull - you were a 7.4 out of 10! Let's add you to my Excel spreadsheet..."

Conclusion of European Dates - true-to-you.net
17 October 2015

Morrissey has commented:

"The tour was so fantastic that I am speechless ... therefore, no speeches, except to say ... in order of pulverization ...

1.Bucharest (Romania) 14 October
2.Budapest (Hungary) 12 October
3.London (England) 21 September / night 2
4.Hull (England) 18 September
5.Frankfurt (Germany) 30 September
6.Skopje (Macedonia) 16 October
7.Ljubljana (Slovenia) 10 October
8.Napoli (Italy) 7 October
9.Cesena (Italy) 8 October
10.London (England) 20 September / night 1
11.Cologne (Germany) 1 October
12.Lausanne (Switzerland) 4 October
13.Brussels (Belgium) 28 September
14.Plymouth (England) 15 September
15.Paris (France) 24 September

and ... Life is mine ... "

Morrissey
Zagreb, Croatia
17 October 2015

banner19.jpg

mother_teresa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He gives each crowd a chart position based upon ticket sales, venue comfort, and merchandise sales.

Yeah, whatever. I guess YOU enjoyed the concert in Paris. Good for you. I enjoyed the concert in Frankfurt despite the small audience and the lack of venue atmosphere.

Rule Number 1: "You guys are the best audience in the world" said each night. I remember seeing a show I thought was great that didn't make his list, and I just felt like :(

Morrissey keeping a running tab of his favourite concerts. What a geek! I can imagine him coming off stage each night, getting out his notebook, and scribbling in "All right, Hull - you were a 7.4 out of 10! Let's add you to my Excel spreadsheet..."

I really thought this was a site for fans. Then what are you pitiful people doing here spreading vitriol?

bit odd, Morrissey thinks some gigs were better than them than the people who attended shows, as
it was mentioned Frankfurt was a not as good as Colonge

well it's his list of the lost

bit odd, Morrissey thinks some gigs were better than them than the people who attended shows, as
it was mentioned Frankfurt was a not as good as Colonge

well it's his list of the lost

It's not what I said. Someone said he ranks the shows after the size of the audience which isn't true because, as I said, the audience in Frankfurt was small but great. And I tried to say that he must have felt good vibes despite the venue which wasn't the best. I didn't care about that either because Moz was great. I think he has every right to rank his shows and to review his own shows from his perspective. The fans do it after every show and don't care at all that Moz may read it and thinks "Oh they hated that show which is sad because I loved it". I don't expect him to say that every show was great and perfect. That would be deeply dishonest. Furthermore, as long as he doesn't pick particular shows and openly says that they were shit, this ranking just says that some shows were better than others which doesn't mean that these "other" shows were bad.

I was at the Plymouth show that Morrissey ranks low on his list, and it was one of my favourite ever shows I've attended. I absolutely loved it. But I respect that Morrissey is entitled to his own ideas of what makes a show a good one. These lists don't bother me. :) I'm just honoured I got to see him.

I was at the Plymouth show that Morrissey ranks low on his list, and it was one of my favourite ever shows I've attended. I absolutely loved it. But I respect that Morrissey is entitled to his own ideas of what makes a show a good one. These lists don't bother me. :) I'm just honoured I got to see him.

That's how everybody should take these rankings. I don't think it always has something to do with the audience but rather how Moz is feeling on that particular day. The audience in Paris was great and Moz generally loves Paris but it doesn't surprise me that ranked it so low. After all this was the day when his novel was released and we all know how that went.

I'm happy that he received a warm welcome from countries he never toured before like Romania, but...The show in Cesena that i attented is only 9th in the list lol

For me number one has to be London (England) 21st September.
The last performance by his Mojesty, Lord CrankFraud in the United KingDum, hooray !
Let us hear no more of this repetitive traveling journey man Silly Steven and his babbling rants about animals, the Royal family and his plastic shoes.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

How are the shows ranked I hear you say ?
Easy ! It's a list of the cost of black curtains for each performance.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Plymouth was some gig, just the crowd was low, and I reckon Morrissey was unpleasantly surprised by this, hence the low listing and the threat of no more UK shows. Correct me if I am wrong!

As the Man has said before, he comes to see the audience. What they give back probably informs the ranking to a large extent, if not completely.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom