TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey's Mum

I can understand him wanting to keep it as a personal matter, but I hope she is OK. I was thinking how important she is to him, and how encouraging and respectful she was to him and his creativity when he was a kid.

The hand that rocks the cradle... :)

I'm sure one of the lunatic fringe who follow him from pillar to post will ask him during one of those pass the microphone moments.

I wonder, do you think it'd be announced via true-to-you if she passed? Or, if the proceedings weren't encroaching upon a tour, do you think he'd want to strictly keep it a personal matter and not announce it from his camp?

Twat.
Do you really think his mum would have ''passed'' and he'd be embarking on a tour down under / USA / Mexico / South America straight away?
I honestly despair at comments on this site at times.....

He must be leaving soon for New Zealand, and I hope she's feeling better.

Yea me 2! :)

Sending Friendly hugs and warm wishes 2 morrissey and his dear mum ! Get well soon ! :) x

Last edited:

I was thinking how important she is to him, and how encouraging and respectful she was to him and his creativity when he was a kid.

I agree to a point, saying that also as a father; however my understanding is that she not only pointed him in the direction of good writers like Wilde, and encouraged him to write by buying him a typewriter, but she also sheltered him even into his 20s and encouraged him not to work if he didn't feel like doing so. I don't think that's responsible or healthy. And it's not like they were rich, or something.

Luckily her son had a great deal of talent and parlayed that ability into a lucrative career; but she had no way of knowing that would be the case. The notion that artists or "sensitive types" don't have to work like common plebs is total crap. My teenage son has an amazing drawing talent (he doesn't get it from me, believe me) and I constantly look over his work and buy him supplies and tell him to keep going, but I have never in any way, nor would I ever, imply to him that his talent -however great- makes him exempt from labor.

Twat.
Do you really think his mum would have ''passed'' and he'd be embarking on a tour down under / USA / Mexico / South America straight away?
I honestly despair at comments on this site at times.....

Did I say this tour? You "honestly despair" at comments on this site? How attractively Wildean. Sounds like you're overly sensitive, bro. Take a Zoloft.

moof~zoloft.gif

You'll be feeling better in no time.

Sounds like you're overly sensitive, bro. Take a Zoloft.

moof~zoloft.gif

...and may also experience certain side effects such as nausea, vomiting, trouble sleeping, headaches, constipation, rashes, dry mouth, fatigue, diarrhea, irritability, drowsiness, dizziness, trouble urinating, loss of libido...

...and may also experience certain side effects such as nausea, vomiting, trouble sleeping, headaches, constipation, rashes, dry mouth, fatigue, diarrhea, irritability, drowsiness, dizziness, trouble urinating, loss of libido...

Sure sounds like the average poster on Morrissey-solo :lbf:

Did I say this tour? You "honestly despair" at comments on this site? How attractively Wildean. Sounds like you're overly sensitive, bro. Take a Zoloft.

moof~zoloft.gif

Is it compulsory for all replies to contain Wildean wit?

Take away some ones creativity and you destroy there very existance!

And theres some other exstremly talented artists on this very forum 2!
One in particular is an absoulty fantastic morrissey portrait artist!!!! Tbevie ! :)

And theres quite possibly some more hidden talent here 2 ! :)

But If morrisseys mum did encourage morrissey 2 "not work" in the sense of not doing "labour" shes made a very good decision ! just look at what hes become!!! :)

I feel that discouraging someone not 2 "work" is incredibly responsible and is healthy when they have a talent that can further themselves and so can kindly share there talent with others!

"work is a 4 letter word" !

( Edited yet another post! I wasnt sure if anyone "got" what I was tryna say so ive deleted some of it !)

Last edited:

I agree to a point, saying that also as a father; however my understanding is that she not only pointed him in the direction of good writers like Wilde, and encouraged him to write by buying him a typewriter, but she also sheltered him even into his 20s and encouraged him not to work if he didn't feel like doing so. I don't think that's responsible or healthy. And it's not like they were rich, or something.

Luckily her son had a great deal of talent and parlayed that ability into a lucrative career; but she had no way of knowing that would be the case. The notion that artists or "sensitive types" don't have to work like common plebs is total crap. My teenage son has an amazing drawing talent (he doesn't get it from me, believe me) and I constantly look over his work and buy him supplies and tell him to keep going, but I have never in any way, nor would I ever, imply to him that his talent -however great- makes him exempt from labor.

I completely agree with you there, when I look at these young Chinese kids who learn to be expert pianists, it's unsettling to think that they're doing that starting at age 3 (probaby younger) not going out and playing with other kids, getting home schooled and just learning to play Piano all day because their parents are forcing it upon them, no wonder a lot of these kids when they grow up have some sort of Mental/Autistic/OCD tendencies, they've never really played out and been social amongst people their own age group.

I'm totally with helping your child along when they have a clear passion or talent but when they get to a certain age 15-16 ish it's time for them to start taking responsibility, a bit of hard work never hurt anyone. I think it's worse wrapping your kids in cotton wool and constantly telling them they're the be all and end all. It puts more pressure on them if anything.

I completely agree with you there, when I look at these young Chinese kids who learn to be expert pianists, it's unsettling to think that they're doing that starting at age 3 (probaby younger) not going out and playing with other kids, getting home schooled and just learning to play Piano all day because their parents are forcing it upon them, no wonder a lot of these kids when they grow up have some sort of Mental/Autistic/OCD tendencies, they've never really played out and been social amongst people their own age group.

I'm totally with helping your child along when they have a clear passion or talent but when they get to a certain age 15-16 ish it's time for them to start taking responsibility, a bit of hard work never hurt anyone. I think it's worse wrapping your kids in cotton wool and constantly telling them they're the be all and end all. It puts more pressure on them if anything.

Yeah, my pushy mother wanted me to be an airline pilot from about the age of 2 but I turned into a bit of a disappointment.Things just never took off.

Yeah, my pushy mother wanted me to be an airline pilot from about the age of 2 but I turned into a bit of a disappointment.Things just never took off.

I was all set to take over the family's greetings card business. But then it folded.

Well my dad forced my into becoming a doctor, and then I got AIDS.

Oh wait that's not the same is it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom