TTY: Morrissey offered award

Morrissey offered award - true-to-you.net
11 July 2015

Trinity College Dublin has offered Morrissey an "outstanding contribution to music award" (his first ever such award) which stands as the University Philosophical Society's Gold Medal of Honorary Patronage.
Morrissey has commented: "My initial reaction is to feel undeserving ... my contribution to music being such that no record label on the planet has either the nerve or the imagination to sign me!"
The University Philosophical Society has recorded the presence of many remarkable members including Oscar Wilde, Bram Stoker and Samuel Beckett. Other past recipients of the Gold Medal in their respective fields include Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel.

Photograph by Damon Anacreonte

morrissey_band_2015_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What still confuses me a bit is the slightly peculiar phrasing - "offered award;" is it just more commonplace in the UK to say that as opposed to "Trinity College Dublin has honored Morrissey etc." or "Morrissey to receive etc."? I can partly understand if he hasn't got the award yet, I suppose; but it's still peculiar to me. My first reaction was to be reminded of that TTY post when he was "invited to appear on The Archers" and didn't make any comment other than being "fascinated by the offer."

Perhaps you are unaware that Morrissey has denounced 'Canada' because of his revulsion at their seal cull-kill? However, he happily plays Ireland, despite it being the main provider of beef and butter to the McDonalds empire of Torture/Slaughter Corpsetarian 'food' in the UK.

Israel tries to distract attention away from it's outrageous behaviour towards Palestine by trumpeting its liberal attitude towards sexual difference and animal rights activism. Whilst that liberalism is welcome, we must realise that there is a fist inside that velvet glove and any government that destroyed people's lives on the scale that the Israelis did to Palestinians last year is not to be trusted. If the extreme religious right in Israel gain power, the much trumpeted liberalism will vanish overnight. Being kind to non-human animals does not excuse you from kindness to human animals. In fact, the fate of non-human animals depends on concern for both. And I've yet to hear Morrissey express a view on Kosher slaughter rituals when in Israel.

Morrissey, of course, is silent on these issues because: keys to Tel Aviv or whatever that bauble was they threw his way.

You openly 'despise' anyone who disagrees with your views on music boycotts then conclude with the usual waffle about 'music bringing people together'. Let's all sing the chorus of "We Are The World" *rollseyes*

best
The Ghost of BrummieBoy
I thought of giving you a rebuttal but then I remembered who you are

I thought of giving you a rebuttal but then I remembered who you are

The only rebuttal you're capable of is going arse over tit, just as you did with your absurd bleating about Morrissey not randomly demonising countries. Because: Canada.

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy
chillaxing with Morrissey fans online whilst enjoying a damp, cloudy English summer day.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's why he's the only pop performer who managed to get a word invented specifically for his actions and his ways !

CRANKFRAUD !

Best to you as well G o B B

Benny-the-British-Butcher 

P S don't forget Kerrygold is out at the end of July

I want a signed copy of "Kerrygold" from Morrissey-The Buttery Butcher Boy whose #CrimesAgainstCowsForCheese will live on in infamy when he shuffles off this mortal coil.

best
The Ghost of BrummieBoy
in Merrie Englande

Good old Ireland: the land of the imaginatively free and morally brave. As to all you Moz critics on this site, as Brendan Behan once said:
"Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."

my mate just phoned to tell me that he read on the internet that moz is indeed releasing an album with the title Kerrygold.

Good old Ireland: the land of the imaginatively free and morally brave. As to all you Moz critics on this site, as Brendan Behan once said:
"Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."

Then everyone should stop talking about the footy matches they went to, right? Are you suggesting only people of equal talent should comment on something they paid to watch?

Then everyone should stop talking about the footy matches they went to, right? Are you suggesting only people of equal talent should comment on something they paid to watch?

If all a football 'fan' does is slag off the game then I'd prefer not to have to listen to them. That's not a jibe against you by the way. Just a general comment. Plus everyone on this site is out for a fight. In real life I suspect they'd be too busy ordering a cranberry juice to even notice a row was brewing. Slagging Moz shouldn't be a lifelong profession. He's still miles ahead of almost every other musical artist of his generation.

my mate just phoned to tell me that he read on the internet that moz is indeed releasing an album with the title Kerrygold.

Your mate is bang on the money

KERRYGOLD

Track listing :-

Harvest for the world : The Islay Brothers
Take a chance on me : Abba
Violater : Depeche Mode
Dairy days : Bruce Springsteen
I beg your pardon I never promised a meat free square garden : Lynn Anderson
Give pizza a chance : John and Yoko
Gypsies tramps and cheese : Cher
Like a vegan (but not) : Madonna
I can't go back to dairy now : John Shuttleworth
The great pretender : The Platters
I veal love : Donna Summer
Would I lie to you : Charles and Eddie
For Nandos : Abba
The Plaice I love : The jam

T T Y STATEMENT ( UPDATE )

UK RECORD STORE SIGNINGS

Morrissey will be signing a very limited number of his latest release on vinyl ( available in store on the day limited to 23 per person ). Titled ' KERRYGOLD ' It features a host of songs that have had a huge influence on his vegetarian career.
"I've wanted to do this album since the earth was created" he said in an e-mail interview with his Mum Betty, " I just hope those that didn't make the final track listing won't be to put out, but who knows ? ( now that's what I call music only meant to release one album ! and they're still "churning" it out ! ( KERCHING! ).
KERRYGOLD also features a rare collaboration with John Shuttleworth on the track ' Can't go back to dairy now ', " I've always admired Johns work, particularly live, he doesn't ' perform ' he's not a circus act or seal, but something just takes over, it's so joyful and celebratory"

17th August :- GO RECORDS COTTINGHAM RD KINGSTON UPON HULL. doors open 10:00 am

19th August :- VINYL BOUTIQUE RECORDS 88 PARKWAY CAMDEN TOWN. doors open 10:13 am

Please note Morrissey will only be signing vinyl copies of KERRYGOLD purchased in store on the day (one photo per person but strictly no saying "cheese" )

KERRYGOLD limited vinyl £ 33:99
SIGNITURE. £ 9:99
+ a free signed drum skin signed to a local animal sanctuary for every £1,500 made on the day, please fill in the animal sanctuary of your choice slip on the door.
Please note anyone called Benny will be ejected without rhyme or reason.

Your mate is bang on the money

KERRYGOLD

Track listing :-

Harvest for the world : The Islay Brothers
Take a chance on me : Abba
Violater : Depeche Mode
Dairy days : Bruce Springsteen
I beg your pardon I never promised a meat free square garden : Lynn Anderson
Give pizza a chance : John and Yoko
Gypsies tramps and cheese : Cher
Like a vegan (but not) : Madonna
I can't go back to dairy now : John Shuttleworth
The great pretender : The Platters
I veal love : Donna Summer
Would I lie to you : Charles and Eddie
For Nandos : Abba
The Plaice I love : The jam

T T Y STATEMENT ( UPDATE )

UK RECORD STORE SIGNINGS

Morrissey will be signing a very limited number of his latest release on vinyl ( available in store on the day limited to 23 per person ). Titled ' KERRYGOLD ' It features a host of songs that have had a huge influence on his vegetarian career.
"I've wanted to do this album since the earth was created" he said in an e-mail interview with his Mum Betty, " I just hope those that didn't make the final track listing won't be to put out, but who knows ? ( now that's what I call music only meant to release one album ! and they're still "churning" it out ! ( KERCHING! ).
KERRYGOLD also features a rare collaboration with John Shuttleworth on the track ' Can't go back to dairy now ', " I've always admired Johns work, particularly live, he doesn't ' perform ' he's not a circus act or seal, but something just takes over, it's so joyful and celebratory"

17th August :- GO RECORDS COTTINGHAM RD KINGSTON UPON HULL. doors open 10:00 am

19th August :- VINYL BOUTIQUE RECORDS 88 PARKWAY CAMDEN TOWN. doors open 10:13 am

Please note Morrissey will only be signing vinyl copies of KERRYGOLD purchased in store on the day (one photo per person but strictly no saying "cheese" )

KERRYGOLD limited vinyl £ 33:99
SIGNITURE. £ 9:99
+ a free signed drum skin signed to a local animal sanctuary for every £1,500 made on the day, please fill in the animal sanctuary of your choice slip on the door.
Please note anyone called Benny will be ejected without rhyme or reason.

Cheese, cheese, cheese, let me get what I want.
You're the one for Brie, fatty

etc. Excellent stuff!

GOBB

Moz: it is 2015. Times have changed. You. Do. Not. Need. A. Label.

If you need a label that badly, write one yourself, peel it off and stick it on.

You can self release. Use True To You. Digitally release it. Adapt.

Times have changed.

- Ryan
Sydney, Australia
July 12, 2015

Well said. Those who don't know, don't know, they don't know.

Re: TTY: Morrissey Offered Award

A negative comment by Skinny. What a surprise. As predictable as Moz, mentioning his label situation again. When anyone's hubris has earned the right to kick in, then it's Moz'. And it has always been there. Without a bit of hubris Moz would've never got a foot in anywhere. We should be glad about it. Celebrate the hubris.

I've never understood the dislike for 'Skinny'. Anyone with half-intelligence, who has visited this site for awhile, would know that, yes, some of 'Skinny's posts are 'negative', but the majority of 'Skinny's posts are truthful and intelligent. You definitely have some people on here that just spit vitriol all day long, and you have some completely blind sycophants, but it's refreshing to read intelligent posts. They are VERY rare on this site.

Concerning the lack of a label, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I think it's only fair to accept, but try to make a statement on Merkel and her role in today's state of Europe....

A greek fan

So he really doesn't accept this award? Okay ... I thought because of Oscar Wildes connection to this college he would accept it. When are those awards handed out?

I can't imagine Moz in such an environment, to be honest. He would feel completely unnatural (as usual) and would tell every attending student how overrated education is and how all teachers are useless and so on. It would be a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TTY: Morrissey Offered Award

I've never understood the dislike for 'Skinny'. Anyone with half-intelligence, who has visited this site for awhile, would know that, yes, some of 'Skinny's posts are 'negative', but the majority of 'Skinny's posts are truthful and intelligent. You definitely have some people on here that just spit vitriol all day long, and you have some completely blind sycophants, but it's refreshing to read intelligent posts. They are VERY rare on this site.

Concerning the lack of a label, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Because some people on this site think you should only make positive comments about Moz, even tho nowadays there's not a lot of positive things to say

Ireland is the prison bitch of German bankers and didn't have the bollocks to fight them, unlike the Greeks at least tried to do. They also endorsed Hitler so 'morally brave' is a bit rich.

We can indeed do it ourselves and will do. You seem to think that everyone with the talent to become a 'pop star' does so. Not the case. Some find more rewarding avenues to explore in this brief time on earth. However, amazingly, we will indeed be releasing some music next year. Let's see how your preposterous claim stacks up then, hey? And given Morrissey's claim not to shag, the eunuch/harem motif is a bit.....LOL!

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

If all a football 'fan' does is slag off the game then I'd prefer not to have to listen to them. That's not a jibe against you by the way. Just a general comment. Plus everyone on this site is out for a fight. In real life I suspect they'd be too busy ordering a cranberry juice to even notice a row was brewing. Slagging Moz shouldn't be a lifelong profession. He's still miles ahead of almost every other musical artist of his generation.

Morrissey has made a lifelong profession of slagging people off. He isn't miles ahead of anyone. Not in ticket sales (ouch!) Ed Sheeran is miles ahead on that score (aaargh! ouch!)

best
GOBB

So he really doesn't accept this award? Okay ... I thought because of Oscar Wildes connection to this college he would accept it. When are those awards handed out?

its a dangerous president to set because then everyones gonna want to give something and thats a lot of times and hurt feelings to deal with. its not uncommon for people to onpy accept one or two here and there

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom