TTY: Gail Shea in search of a new hobby

a) "Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea"

So I guess wishing death on humans is OK then, but animals most certainly not.

b) "...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Wait. What? Morrissey is taking the piss out of someone for being fat? Jesus f***ing Christ. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Seriously Morrissey, f*** off, and lay off the vodka.

f***s sake.

This website seems to me to be a fair an accurate reflection of how Morrissey himself handles himself in public. Morrissey uses childish, playground insults and wishes death and injury on people all the time. He can, and does, dish it out on a regular basis.

If this was a website devoted to the Dalai Lama or someone, you might have a point about posters lacking decorum. But Morrissey? Are you for reals? This is the world he inhabits, and the language he uses, time and again.

while morrissey hasn't explicitly ever said he hated fat people, i think it's pretty evident in his writing. here's a mix of quotes from list of the lost and autobiography talking about fat people in a negative light!

"Their surfboard bodies came genetically, as fat fanatics gaze on depressively. Perfectionism is what few possess as raw instinct, and you might work as hard as you wish yet find yourself still remaining your true Sara Lee podgy slug." - LOTL

"...the Big Mac pleasure of fat-podge children whose candidature for roly-poly vicious porkiness makes their plungingly plump parents laugh loudly." - LOTL

"At Stretford Jobcenter a fat-assed woman sits before me demanding to know why I left my golden
position in the underground warrens of the Inland Revenue. She is a Dunlop bloater of such walrus
proportions that I find it difficult to answer her
‘Look at you,’ she says, ‘can’t you tidy yourself up?’ and she shifts her full-figured pigginess,
with lard-arms waving and jelly-legs struggling" - Autobio

"The hippo hands me a card with job details" - Autobio (in reference to the same lady as above)

I said above that this is typical of him lately. Yes, the queen is dead, when will you die (Thatcher) -- he's always been this way fundamentally speaking. But even since last year's comments to Shea, he has continued to devolve.

His comment of a year and a half ago was coherent and well thought out for the most part, with its major flaw being a reference to the Holocaust.

This latest little giddy pronouncement was just so tactless. If we go from Queen Elizabeth to Margaret Thatcher to... Gail Shea... Christ. That alone is a devolution. Morrissey's comments here lack any of his previous wit. He now seems to just write the first thought that comes to mind, not really giving a shit about how he presents what he's saying, not worrying about the fact that the way he communicates is closed to persuasion. His novel is the essential document of his current style. It's too lazy, too hyperbolic, too abrasive.

I don't care if his intetions were good if he was talking out of his ass when he can easily use Google to brush up on things he is unaware of. For example, does he propose that the Canadian government round up all First Nations peoples and put them into concentration camps? I would like to hear his practical ideas rather than his personal criticisms of a minister that does not matter any more as far as he should be concerned. God forbid he manage to take the high road. He's certainly entitled to make a statement and express his delight with the fact that Shea, an opponent to his cause, is out of the way, but beyond that what's his action plan? Is he planning to cull Gail Shea, totally ignore his beef with Canada now that his tormentor Gail Shea is out of office, or is he going to try to make a real difference and take a practical approach to what he believes to be an important issue?

The main thing I would say to Morrissey is: Gail Shea is gone. So what? What about the seals? What do you want to do next? How do you plan to engage with the new government and new minister? Is a boycott beneficial, or would spending time in Canada, doing shows, meeting with officials, doing public appearances, be more beneficial?
I don't think a boycott is the solution and the fact that he is not coming to Canada anymore is not going to bring an improvement so, i agree with you on this point. Maybe his behaviour in this case is a bit childish but let's not forget she provoked him first and as fans of the man we should expect this kind of reaction. Let's be realistic: you're expecting too much from a man who is not a politician and whose job is to record albums and do live shows, he tries to sensibilize people and he invites who has the power to act in a good way and to respect the lives of the others. This is already a lot and it is remarkable. You can't expect Morrissey to change job, to become a politician or a man who makes decision when it's a duty of the government. Here we are overanalysing things and exaggerating. He protests against what he thinks is wrong and what he receives from the government is an insult: the authorities understimate the problem and this is not good. I know it's your country we are talking about and you are sensitive on this topic, but you can't deny that the reply Gail Shea gave was very rude and unprofessional! Now there is a new government and i hope in a change, maybe Morrissey will do something, i don't know. But please, don't expect him to replace politicians: this is a moral duty and not only the government, but also the people need to wake up.

Last edited:
So you're asking for censorship on posts that denigrate Morrissey, while we also report on the comments he makes denigrating others in what ever way he chooses? You ask us to censor posts wishing death, while we post reports on Morrissey....wishing death?

Splendid.

bhops wasn't talking about your moderating (which oddly, you equate with censorship), but your commentary. this forum has on many occasions been used for body shaming and you've said nothing. you run the same game you accuse others of, only the inverse -- if anyone else does it you overlook it, but if Morrissey does it your teeth start to fall out, hence why you're branded a hypocrite.

Am I the only person here who wholeheartedly had a good laugh at his post? I found his jokes clever and funny. It always has a "hint" of sarcasm, just the way I like it. I must say though, that people get offended at my jokes as well. People just lost their sense of humour somewhere in the political-correctness fog. I will drink a double vodka and tonic to us Moz, 'cause nobody gets our jokes.

I'm not politically correct but his jokes this time were recycled garbage and just not funny. But my main qualm is that he claims to want to bring about change on an issue in Canada, yet he boycotts Canada. Instead of taking the opportunity to look positively toward an opportunity to work with a new government, he whines about a minister who doesn't matter anymore. There's nothing funny, intelligent, or practical about his latest diatribe.

I can still be a fan of Morrissey and disagree with some of the things he does and says. I'm calling him out on this one.

I would like to have seen such (feigned) indignation when the "Morrissey links to paedophilia" story was posted.

Honestly Peter, it is obvious that the only reason the "pork girth" fatwa was issued was due to the slaughter of animal and resulting consumption of flesh implied...I know there is a strict policy of "for god's sake, never cast Morrissey in anything other than a dim light on this site" policy at lowly-solo, but you surely aren't a complete imbecile to not get that from an animal protectionist's perspective, this insult is justifiable...

Sorrow of Stamford Bridge

first cicada, then ketamine sun someone brings up multiple personalities and look who just happens to reappear? yes, sorrow of stamford bridge. the original username.

while morrissey hasn't explicitly ever said he hated fat people, i think it's pretty evident in his writing. here's a mix of quotes from list of the lost and autobiography talking about fat people in a negative light!

"Their surfboard bodies came genetically, as fat fanatics gaze on depressively. Perfectionism is what few possess as raw instinct, and you might work as hard as you wish yet find yourself still remaining your true Sara Lee podgy slug." - LOTL

"...the Big Mac pleasure of fat-podge children whose candidature for roly-poly vicious porkiness makes their plungingly plump parents laugh loudly." - LOTL

"At Stretford Jobcenter a fat-assed woman sits before me demanding to know why I left my golden
position in the underground warrens of the Inland Revenue. She is a Dunlop bloater of such walrus
‘Look at you,’ she says, ‘can’t you tidy yourself up?’ and she shifts her full-figured pigginess,

"The hippo hands me a card with job details" - Autobio (in reference to the same lady as above)

The dude has SERIOUS body image issues. As someone pointed out earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of self-loathing going on here - especially as he was skinny as hell during the Smiths/early solo years. Maybe once he got the inevitable middle age bloat, some throw away review in 2009 (or whenever) said he was chubby, and he's been spitting back bile at the world ever since. He should just let it go, chillax, and let his waistline go if he wants. Anyone who judges others by their size is an idiot.

Doesn't autobio also end with him laughing at a fat girl running after his car? Now that's what I call "made it."

Haven't read LOTL yet. But Auto bio, As I posted in the beginning and it STILL applies. Is the CONTEXT of how/when he is using this language that's important. And people are NOT seeing the bigger picture here. As I said in the beginning...he's using such words that would hurt someone of that psychological level. Or what he thinks is the level of understanding of the person who is attacking him at/in that moment/experience.

And I'll state AGAIN. Because of CONTEXT.... Attacking a 'person' who condones death to innocent beings/creatures
is MUCH DIFFERENT than attacking M for not writing a book that YOU don't like or song/band member choices,etc. peace. :)

Doesn't autobio also end with him laughing at a fat girl running after his car? Now that's what I call "made it."

Without the volume in front of me, I believe at the end of Autobiography he is being called to by a group of women and he looks away. (Some symbolism implied.) The incident with the woman and the car happened during the Smiths years. I think Johnny was with him.

Cue the Sherlocks lining up to blame Johnny for Morrissey's aversion to the obese...

Without the volume in front of me, I believe at the end of Autobiography he is being called to by a group of women and he looks away. (Some symbolism implied.) The incident with the woman and the car happened during the Smiths years. I think Johnny was with him.

Cue the Sherlocks lining up to blame Johnny for Morrissey's aversion to the obese...

I've got my gumshoes on...yes! It IS Johnny's fault! thanks for bringing this up..... Jamie.

I knew it ended with him being an asshole to a woman. That's the moral, I believe- Never meet or learn too much about your idols.
Somewhere along the line, Moz just gave up on being cryptic and charming, and started letting his grump flag fly. It's like Facebook in a way.
Plenty of people on there who you really enjoy, but don't appreciate being subjected to their every bit of brain vomit. It all gets a bit much.

I will be forwarding Morrissey comments to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

His comments are threatening in nature and given that Ms. Shea is a Minister in the government they will be taken extremely seriously.

Wow, you must have been popular in high-school. And I am EXTREMELY serious.
Now go cry in a corner.

I knew it ended with him being an asshole to a woman. That's the moral, I believe- Never meet or learn too much about your idols.
Somewhere along the line, Moz just gave up on being cryptic and charming, and started letting his grump flag fly. It's like Facebook in a way.
Plenty of people on there who you really enjoy, but don't appreciate being subjected to their every bit of brain vomit. It all gets a bit much.

Tsk-tsk. and I had such high hopes,such high hopes.:straightface:

Back
Top Bottom