True-to-you Morrissey Statement 29th July. Re: The Norway Massacre.

The Norway comments seem to have crossed over a line for many,especially with the killings only fresh in the memory and the victims yet to be buried, the statement on true to you did little if anything to dampen the rage of many who feel betrayed by his comments having defended him for years.

Does anyone else think the song Scandinavia which was written before the murders is highly insensitive to play in light of the this controversy? seemingly 7/8 people walked out in vicar st midway through the song over past two nights,maybe they thought it was written after the killings?

...It just shows what the "Media" can do.....The "Norway" comment has been printed worldwide....the "True to you" " Apology/explanation/Back-peddling tactic" hasn't....such a pity I cannot take my computer to my local pub, and point out The TTY statement to the people in there who think Morrissey is a complete c*** for saying what he did, and therefore,( As I am a known fan in there, I MUST Think his "Norway" comment was OK by me too .)...I Nearly got my head kicked in JUST for being a Morrissey fan.....AGAIN....got any spare bodyguards Moz???...s'ok though....I bet you are safe from the shitstorm you leave in your "Wake"....

#memo to self ....Must STOP wearing Morrissey t-shirts ...some people REALLY Hate him....#. (...I wasn't wearing one on sunday in the pub, but I have in the past......and "Shit sticks"...pity it's Morrisseys shit that I am now getting the Abuse for...)

You're the wanna-be Eva Braun to a really pansy version of Hitler.

That is her entire schtick.

She's a good writer and an intelligent chick but I can't abide someone defending Morrissey's hateful rhetoric based simply on schoolgirl-notebook-scribbles-and-giggles, Disney Channel-romance bullshit.

There's another thread where she compares him to Christ. It's really nauseating.

That's ridiculous. For one thing, Morrissey's real.

...And he has also famously forgiven Jesus....or does this now mean that Morrissey writes about "Fictional" characters too???.....Hang the Witch!!! ( ...NOT CG....The sacred Mozzerite...)....Oops...can't get the fecking "Smilies" things to work.....

What he really said:

The "is nothing compared to" was a nice little twist. And all the press pick it up and translate it to their respective languages. That line stays in, even though he's never even said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shhhhhhhh!!!!! Keep quiet!

What he actually said wouldn't generate as many clicks to NME, Rolling Stone, Guardian, etc.
And we don't want them to starve do we?

Last night, at a sort of party, I overheard this conversation:

'Did you about that singer who wants everyone to be green?'
'What are you talking about?'
'He was saying that the Norway stuff isn't as bad as McDonalds.'
'What?'
'Yeah, he said 90 innocent lives isn't as bad as the millions of innocent lives killed for us to eat.'
'Not really the same though, is it? What singer was it?'
'Can't remember, Paul something I think.'

Also ended up having a discussion with one of the people later on. Declared himself to be a BNP voter ("yeah, I am racist") and I had to explain how evolution works and why monkeys "still exist".

What happened to the Morrissey who used to make a point with wit and dignity and with subtlety, where you sat up and still listened? The last gig in York he showed the awful anmal footage during Meat Is Murder, I understand he's a staunch veggie as am I but it seems It's the only thing he can bang on about recently, people have traveled far and paid good money to see him live nobody wants to go to a PETA rally.

Did he say "worse things happen in Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mcdonalds everyday", "murder murder murder".

Actually, what he said sounds even more insensitive to the victims and their families.

cornelius, maybe you should try to wrote the WHOLE sentence, read it again and think about it… electronic media are feeding themselves with conflict, and that what we all are serving them…

What he really said:

The "is nothing compared to" was a nice little twist. And all the press pick it up and translate it to their respective languages. That line stays in, even though he's never even said it.

"Every single day worse things happen in Kentucky Fried Shit and McDonalds."

That is even worse...

Would he have said that to the rest of his family regarding his cousin after his cousin was murdered?
Would he have said that at the Apollo Theater in NY regarding the terrorist attacks on the WTC ?

What he really said:

Shhhhhhhh!!!!! Keep quiet!

What he actually said wouldn't generate as many clicks to NME, Rolling Stone, Guardian, etc.
And we don't want them to starve do we?

Agreed 100 percent. Nice hit.

Did he say "worse things happen in Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mcdonalds everyday", "murder murder murder".

Actually, what he said sounds even more insensitive to the victims and their families.

Agreed 100 percent. Nice hit.

"Every single day worse things happen in Kentucky Fried Shit and McDonalds."

That is even worse...

Would he have said that to the rest of his family regarding his cousin after his cousin was murdered?
Would he have said that at the Apollo Theater in NY regarding the terrorist attacks on the WTC ?

That's a home f***ing run.

I like you guys.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom