Tour de Smiths Photos - Iron Bridge/graffiti, Joe Moss sites, Venues, the Ritz, more...

surewhynot

This was a mandatory detour on my honeymoon since it was the only subject I had moderate knowledge on while visiting. Aside from cigarette smoking. We stayed in London for the majority (Shaftesbury Ave in Leicester) sandwiched between Chinatown and Soho (what a hell of a dynamic that was), though we took the train to Manchester for a 2 day stay. This was a complete immersion into where I consider was rock's Big Bang. We walked 8 hours a doing what the hell ever and I am thankful we did it that way, though the cab ride from the Lad's club to the cemetery was surely an ass saver.

A lot of them still lack annotations (my utmost apologies), so feel free to ask anything if curious. It was also my first time to leave the states, so this was a well-overdue trip. We only get so much of a (previously) Madchester presence here in Texas, so it was really a luxury to get to see what is sometimes my sole motivation in life. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37450529@N03/sets/72157634576558840/

This was a mandatory detour on my honeymoon since it was the only subject I had moderate knowledge on while visiting. Aside from cigarette smoking. We stayed in London for the majority (Shaftesbury Ave in Leicester) sandwiched between Chinatown and Soho (what a hell of a dynamic that was), though we took the train to Manchester for a 2 day stay. This was a complete immersion into where I consider was rock's Big Bang. We walked 8 hours a doing what the hell ever and I am thankful we did it that way, though the cab ride from the Lad's club to the cemetery was surely an ass saver.

A lot of them still lack annotations (my utmost apologies), so feel free to ask anything if curious. It was also my first time to leave the states, so this was a well-overdue trip. We only get so much of a (previously) Madchester presence here in Texas, so it was really a luxury to get to see what is sometimes my sole motivation in life. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37450529@N03/sets/72157634576558840/

Really nice pics. Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks! It was truly a blast once we got used to getting around. The tube is incredibly easy.

Got to stop by a Smithy shop called vinyl revival as well. Oddly enough I ended up buying 4 coffee mugs with album images on them. Ha

Back
Top Bottom