Top 100 iconic images poll - suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewpie

Subscriber
Hehehe, I nicked the idea from Houdini's Top 100 polls. :D

I'm planning to post series of polls in 2010 because Morrissey's activity will be fairly quiet.

The purpose of the polls is to find out Morrissey's iconic photograhic images in chronlogical order, 1983 onwards.

As you know thousands of Morrissey's photos are taken, would like to have some help from all of you.

I'm planning to ask you to nominate photos taken / published in each year, 15 images will be selected for each poll.

Would you able to suggest what else should be considered?

Thank you very much for your creative / playful / ingenius suggestions. :)

I'm planning to post series of polls in 2010 because Morrissey's activity will be fairly quiet.

And as Morrissey will be doing nothing, that presumably means that you too will have nothing on next year as well then:thumb::D

Jukebox Jury

I vote for all of The Smiths single and album covers.

Hmmm, a Smiths single 'What Difference Does It Make?' and 'The Sound of the Smiths' photos will be considered as potential materials.

Other Smiths singles and albums / compilations do not have a photo of Morrissey in the sleeves.
Of course the photos in inner sleeve are included.

It's better to limit photos are taken by professionals (an exception of Suedehead which was taken by a non-professional).

Last edited:
Hmmm, a Smiths single 'What Difference Does It Make?' and 'The Sound of the Smiths' photos will be considered as potential materials.

Other Smiths singles and albums / compilations do not have a photo of Morrissey in the sleeves.

It's better to limit photos are taken by professionals (an exception of Suedehead which was taken by a non-professional).

boo.it's just going to be a frink thread

I'll get my coat

boo.it's just going to be a frink thread

I'll get my coat

That's what I thought...... I never go in that thread anyway, so why not just keep it in there for the frinkers to keep on masterfrinking:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Please can it not turn into another 'frink thread' though?

Do they all have to be of Morrissey?

Can I nominate this?

http://www.vulgarpicture.com/images/smiths/hi/1987/hi_1987_istarted12_1.jpg

The intention of the polls is to FIMD OUT 100 iconic PHOTOGRAPHIC images of Morrissey.

As you know Smiths singles and album sleeves are designed by Morrissey (with help of Jo Slee), it's not really relevant to the project.

It's impossible to prevent frink-fest, but I try my best to be aesthetic and artistic. :o

Last edited:
I would suggest this one:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...+madstock&hl=en&rlz=1R2GGLT_enGB351&sa=N&um=1

it's half way down the page.

Reasons:

1 This is the pic pasted on the front of the NME when they accused him of racism
2 It looks cool and brash
3 He's using the symbolism of the British flag a few years before it became cool - which is itself cool.
4 It represents a time that was enormously controversial for Morrissey

Overall: The most compelling reason why this photograph is iconic is that it sums up Morrissey's singing career; he became hated for something he was not. The photograph and the symbolism he used was a central part of the justification for that hatred. That makes it iconic.

I just lookd up the more common useage of the term frinking. It's not pretty.

Frinking :

The insertion of objects into the male urethra or Japs' Eye in a (misguided) attempt to obtain pleasure.

ouch

Frinking :

The insertion of objects into the male urethra or Japs' Eye in a (misguided) attempt to obtain pleasure.

ouch

When Morrissey held up his 'I like frinking' sign, I wonder which definition he meant.

Oddly, I did encounter a person in my distant past who 'frinked' in that quite painful sense. He utilised the stalk of a flower, which slid in but wouldn't slide out, because the hairs stuck up and inserted themselves into the substance of the flesh. Required medical assistance in the end. At least now I know how to describe that act, should I ever need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom