Tips on searching, as to avoid re-posts

georgejallen

Hi all,

Do any of you have tips searching? I know that it is frustrating to keep seeing threads for the same things, over and over again, and I don't want to be responsible!

Does the search feature on this forum work like Google, for example, can I use "+" and speech marks to specify exactly what I want?

If I try to find threads using the search feature I find it very difficult. I get some very unrelated results!

Thank you for having a read,

George.

The site administrator is expecting vBulletin software upgrade later this year.
Hopefully search function will be more user-friendly.

I'd suggest you to following steps:

- choose a forum, for example you see search this forum on top right of each forum or click General Discussion archive on the bottom of forum index, pick the year you'd like to search

- type in a specific word, for example 'lyrics'

It gives you some threads which have the word lyrics in titles.

That's great, thank you Kewpie; I will try those suggestions in the future, and I hope that the update is helpful.

The site administrator is expecting vBulletin software upgrade later this year.
Hopefully search function will be more user-friendly.

I'd suggest you to following steps:

- choose a forum, for example you see search this forum on top right of each forum or click General Discussion archive on the bottom of forum index, pick the year you'd like to search

- type in a specific word, for example 'lyrics'

It gives you some threads which have the word lyrics in titles.

Can we suggest anything?
1. How about a bit of colour on this site? It's quite a depressing colour! At least make it black and white if it's gotta be "stylish"
2. What about "This Charming Man" plays everytime you log onto Morrissey solo forums to brighten up your day?

They're good suggestions!

Can we suggest anything?
1. How about a bit of colour on this site? It's quite a depressing colour! At least make it black and white if it's gotta be "stylish"
2. What about "This Charming Man" plays everytime you log onto Morrissey solo forums to brighten up your day?

They're good suggestions!

you can change colour to Kirsch (blue) bottom of page where it says smart brown

What?! WOAH! Everything looks better! More colours please Kewpie, bring in the colour mate and the TCM tune!

What?! WOAH! Everything looks better! More colours please Kewpie, bring in the colour mate and the TCM tune!

I'm afraid I'm not a software engineer of vBulletin.

I think vBulletin and the server are unable to provide customised audio feature.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm not a software engineer of vBulletin.

I think vBulletin and the server are unable to provide customised audio feature.

Oh dear! What are we going to do Kewpie! No Smiths audio? Maybe a picture of The Smiths when logging in then! That'll make us members smile! More colours is the main agenda though! We need the colours of the rainbow on this site!

Hmmm

Oh dear! What are we going to do Kewpie! No Smiths audio? Maybe a picture of The Smiths when logging in then! That'll make us members smile! More colours is the main agenda though! We need the colours of the rainbow on this site!

Do you need to be reminded that this site is Morrissey-SOLO.com, not smithsfansiteassuch.com.

If you're a creative genius, you can submit a Smiths themed banner to mainpage.

Re: Hmmm

Aye, I can actually read and understand English, Kewpie....I am very happy you learned it as a language! It's a very amazing language isn't it? :thumb:
I am not a retard, which you are trying to make me and other members of Morrissey solo to be! So again I thank you for pointing out the obvious! If you want to kiss and make up later, I will bend backwards and snog you like wild!

Aye, I can actually read and understand English, Kewpie....I am very happy you learned it as a language! It's a very amazing language isn't it? :thumb:
I am not a retard, which you are trying to make me and other members of Morrissey solo to be! So again I thank you for pointing out the obvious! If you want to kiss and make up later, I will bend backwards and snog you like wild!

I'm not trying to make you a retard, but keep mentioning Smiths all the time in here isn't a cool thing to do.

I'm not trying to make you a retard, but keep mentioning Smiths all the time in here isn't a cool thing to do.

Yes it is...Morrissey was in the band called The Smiths, the band are probably one of the biggest bands in the UK. I am from the UK, I should know! I do not actually care if I am not cool...are you cool? Have you got loads of money? Have you got a cool house? Have you got a cool walk? cool fashion sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry 'Kewpie' you are a fud.

I know, not even an answer! You wonder why you are disliked by the majority of the forum! You say pathetic things like that! Just because you moderate everything on a forum, doesn't mean that you are god! Saying something because it isn't "cool" isn't good moderating. We have a thing over in the UK called freedom of speech, so therefore I am entitled to talk about Morrissey's band The Smiths as well as Morrissey solo. It even says that on the forum that we can discuss The Smiths and I can show you exactly where, if you don't know where it states that! Maybe it's time you left?

Thank you very much for your warm kind advice, I do not post this thread as a moderator, but a user.

When you find me violating moderator conduct, please report to the site administrator and other moderators.

Thank you very much for your warm kind advice, I do not post this thread as a moderator, but a user.

When you find me violating moderator conduct, please report to the site administrator and other moderators.

Just it is your job to be a moderator! How come your suddenly posting as a user when the comment you made was wrong? Why don't you just apologise and take back that statement instead of hiding behind the fact that you are now saying your a user? I can talk about The Smiths as much as you like and everyone knows that on here. There was no point in saying that....and no, I am not going to agree with your advice as a "user".

I think you've been undressed as much as intelligent people need to see.

Perhaps stepping down is required in order to maintain the decent level of the site?

Your way too late for this one Mad Vespa....this was a month ago, so be quiet and back off and to be quite frank, there is no decent level of this site anymore

Back
Top Bottom