Tilburg - 013 (Mar. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

What She Said / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Scandinavia / Speedway / Life Is A Pigsty / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat is Murder / People Are The Same Everywhere / World Peace Is None Of Your Business // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by Lars K, order corrected by -Christoph-.

• Review by Christoph (German) - Konzerttagebuch; photos (27 total). Links posted by -Christoph-.

tilburg.jpg
  • Photos by Lys Want (26 total) - Google Plus. Link posted by an anonymous person.

tilburg2.jpg

Last edited:
There tends to be a lot of abuse on this site from what I've seen. I think the positives must also be noted. Morrissey has done remarkably well this tour: he sounds terrific, he looks the best he has in years and - most importantly - he seems really committed and back in the driving seat. The shows have been realistic in size and he appears to be taking things as they come and in perspective... in regards to venue size etc.
I think it's actually a really fun and exciting time to be a Moz fan.

When he picked up the book he said :
"exactly"

this was my 5th in last 6 months and he was clearly into the crowd tonight. The venue was incredibly small but that made for a very intimate night. The crowd was fantastic and i was impressed with how many people could sing along to 80% of the songs. Mim received cheers and ovations and i only saw 1 guy leaving.

Moz was chatty and clearly liked the crowd.
Examples: Adjusting the mike stand he said "i spring myself onto you". After speedway, "if only you knew". During speedway, "i'm touched" as the crowd sang loudly. Before suedehead "welcome to this illustrious opera building... Luckily we're all classically trained". During suedehead and the lyrics "why send me silly notes", he had just picked up a book from the rail and uttered "like this one". Somewhere late in the setlist "if my voice cracks... Well, it's legal". Before everyday/sunday (encore), "every departure is hard but it must be done". I will probably remember more tomorrow.

There was a 10 year old kid in 2nd row dead center on the top of his fathers (?) shoulders. Moz made a special deal out of shaking his hand... I think it was right after istanbul or before neil cassady (everyone has babies, babies full of rabies) but someone please confirm that. It also looked like matt handed 1 of his sticks to the kid after the encore - although i was being pushed around by the shirt crowd at this point.

Great great gig. 3rd time was really a charm! Pigsty was the surprise. Sound was a little off at times... Felt like they tried to play too loud for the small venue.

So, finally I experienced my 1st ever (and hopefully not last) Morrissey show ever. (yes, I discovered his music a bit late, but better late than never)

It was great for me! What a voice, what a good mood, and what a great band!

Setlist was great for me (would have loved a bit more songs from Quarry though) but whatever.. I saw him live!!!!!!!! :)

Meat is murder get's a lot of critism here (I noticed) since he plays this evert show, but I think it's good he does it... it's the only way to show how cruel human beings are.. For me it was very impressive!

I loved the audience, the show and the atmosphere... I'm addicted now!!!!!!!!

BTW, "waylaid" was an answer in yesterday's NY Times crossword puzzle, 68 Down. The clue was "Ambushed".

Overall, some excellent video work from this show. Good job filmers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is A Pigsty manages to be pretentious, pompous and boring.

It's a bathroom break song.

What lyrics does he use in place of "You had to sneak into my room just to read my diary"? I can't make it out. Thought I heard the word "gloom."

You can hear it better in this version from the same night at 2:50:

"You had to sneak into my room just to see the utter gloom"

Last edited by a moderator:
I already couldn't believe he dared to do it last tuesday, but a week after, he still sings the world is full of crashing bores given what's on the news.
Charming.

Cal State Long Beach ftw!!! :p I gave a speech there once in a debate competition. (The stage invader's shirt.)

I already couldn't believe he dared to do it last tuesday, but a week after, he still sings the world is full of crashing bores given what's on the news.
Charming.

Bit of a stretch there.

Charming.

Please tell me you're joking

Yes, Anonymous, you are correct. However, please note: once you wade through the trolls and the muck, you'll find some very nice fans who hardly never, if ever, waiver or groan and who are capable of finding the positives in almost all situations concerning Mozzer. Many come here to see read the reviews from the people who were at the show and to get some of the most up-to-date information on happenings.

The trick to this Site is to find out which users are the asshats and which ones are the people who actually give a damn about Morrissey as a solo artist (and/or a human being).

:clap:

Back
Top Bottom