Thisisdig.com: "The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" via Smiths Official FB (December 9, 2020)

'The pop world had never previously encountered a writer with such an allusive lyrical style (often executed with a discernible literary bent and with room for both sly humour and devastating melancholia), and as soon as Morrissey got a few early classics such as Hand In Glove, This Charming Man and Jeane under his belt, it was apparent a highly original talent was flourishing.'

And flourish he did :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I thought the whole article was utterly pointless, to be honest. Like most of these...

It's corporate puff.

I'm glad they're not finding ways of not saying Morrissey's name though.
Well, they did come pretty close in the first part of the article.
It also manages to make it sound like all four members wrote the songs together.

Thanks, I enjoyed reading this well-written and knowledgable article. I think the point was to explain the appeal and lasting effect of the Smiths and pay tribute to the contributions of all band members with a special focus on the Morrissey-Marr partnership which ensured that that the band was lifted into a creative realm that eventually embodied more than just the mundane sum of all parts.

This article is basically a rewrite of The Smiths' Wikipedia page. I'm not sure what the point of it is really.

It could be so much worse.
It can always get worse. It's still a pretty bad, pointless article.

At least it's not full of dreadful inaccuracies like the last one that was shared on The Smiths' Facebook account...

And let battle commence for the evening......
This is the type of article on here,that the fools like to carry themselves on with..
It shall be interesting to see who posts the first negative one first .

This article is basically a rewrite of The Smiths' Wikipedia page. I'm not sure what the point of it is really.
It's just a standard record company promo biography - the 'Dig!' website is owned by Warner Music, who are trying to flog some of their back catalogue product. Nothing more, nothing less.

Crikey Uncle Skinny obviously can't be arsed trolling today

in the middle of a pandemic,so much time to kill,suppose it keeps somebody in a job.

The fact someone is still promoting things like this via their Official Facebook channel (aka Warners) with zero to sell was the interesting part of this - not the article itself.
The FB acc had long periods of inactivity and the Twitter equivalent has been 'protected' and inactive for a long time.
Regards,
FWD.

What I thought was interesting was that they promoted the YouTube release of Live In Dallas, Live At The Shoreline Amphitheatre and Introducing Morrissey back in May, as well as the re-issue of Electronic's debut album...

'The pop world had never previously encountered a writer with such an allusive lyrical style (often executed with a discernible literary bent and with room for both sly humour and devastating melancholia), and as soon as Morrissey got a few early classics such as Hand In Glove, This Charming Man and Jeane under his belt, it was apparent a highly original talent was flourishing.'

And flourish he did:thumb:
Sure he did, l’il shooter. He shit the bed five years later and he’s still wallowing in his own filth spoiled sheets.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom