"The Woking Dead Come For Morrissey" - HumanEvents.Com

The Woking Dead Come For Morrissey - Human Events
Morrissey, anti-establishment rock star, is ironically doomed to be eaten by the Left’s very own flesh eaters, because he just happens to like freedom.
By AJ Rice

Could someone post the full article please?

full

The Woking Dead Come For Morrissey

By A. J. Rice

Morrissey, anti-establishment rock star, is ironically doomed to be eaten by the Left’s very own flesh eaters, because he just happens to like freedom.
A lifelong subversive rocker, Steven Patrick Morrissey – iconoclast rock star, radical vegan, and animal rights activist – has sworn off eating living things but is now doomed to be eaten by the “woke” European Left.

The woking dead should slow down if they’re capable of it. They’re about to lurch into French Revolution territory and take down one of their own.

Today’s woke mafia, essentially Maoist and French Revolutionary in character, runs its social media Reign of Terror against anyone who is insufficiently alive to its narrow, reactionary, and mostly ignorant view of the world. They understand no nuance. They ignore all context. What they do not understand, they smother to death.

You’ve probably seen headlines about Morrissey recently. You can’t read a music site without running across several hand-wringing articles about what an awful person Morrissey has become. They are going after Morrissey because he thinks thoughts the wokes don’t like.

His latest sin was wearing a “For Britain” pin on NBC’s The Tonight Show.

This crusade against Morrissey is tragi-comic.

He isn’t Ted Nugent, living on a Texas compound and hunting game with high-caliber rifles. He isn’t even Alice Cooper, who long ago became a Christian but keeps up the ghoul act on stage for his fans. He’s not Gene Simmons, who spent the 1970s and 80s dressed up as a devil and fostering the worst sorts of rumors about him to build his fan base but is a teary-eyed conservative American and Israeli patriot now.

Morrissey didn’t leave the left. The left left him.

Morrissey is and always has been a non-conformist.

He’s left wing, sexually fluid, subversive, iconoclastic, vegan, and an animal rights activist.

He was all that when he burst onto the punk rock and new wave scene back in the early 1980s, fronting edgy bands that were too hot for radio.

He did a cover of “I Want a Boy for My Birthday” – that was transgressively transsexual – in 1982. He named his major band “The Smiths” to celebrate “the ordinary folk” with an ordinary name. He questioned “Americanization” during the Reagan and Thatcher years. The Smiths went on to record subversive albums with names like The Queen is Dead – he’s born to Irish immigrants and a British subject – and songs like “Vicar in a Tutu,” “Frankly, Mr. Shankly,” “Meat is Murder”, and the band’s biggest hit, “Bigmouth Strikes Again.” That title headlines the woke music media’s most unimaginitive articles about him now. Morrissey says politically incorrect things. “Bigmouth Strikes Again!” Get it?

After The Smiths broke up, Morrissey continued on in songs like “Margaret on the Guillotine” – about Margaret Thatcher.

In other words, Morrissey was woke before most of you were even born. Colleges and universities started teaching courses about his lyrics. Will they any longer?

Morrissey’s big mouth is in trouble now because he isn’t a fan of unaccountable Eurocrats, or unrestricted immigration from the more reactionary parts of the Islamic world, and he isn’t afraid to say so. He supports Brexit. He likes being British. He opposes London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan as he wraps himself in the Union Jack.

He questions #MeToo, with the novel idea that due process is worth preserving. Morrissey questions authority just as he always has – but now he questions the left’s authority, to control speech and thought and de-platform and destroy anyone who disagrees with them.

He’s paying the price now that the revolution he pioneered has turned against him.

Merseyrail in Liverpool has pulled down posters advertising his latest record, California Son. That record is getting panned by the music press. Record stores, including Britain’s oldest and largest, are refusing to sell his music. Whatever happened to rock ‘n’ roll rebellion? His answer: “It’s very Third Reich, isn’t it?”

He’s still available on Amazon, but for how long?

The woking dead are so narrow-minded and unable to separate the man from his art they say they can’t listen to any of Morrissey’s music anymore.

Conservatives have had to make this separation for decades, as most musicians and actors bash everything we believe in and denounce us as -phobes and racists of every kind. There’s nothing so predictably left as one of today’s rock idols appearing on Jimmy Fallon. But we watch and we listen and let the art stand on its own. So, anti-Morrissey wokes – welcome to our world. And grow up. Conservatives who came of age in Morrissey’s heyday with the Smiths enjoyed his wickedly funny and crafty lyrics, despite his politics at the time.

Nor has the snowflake left stopped to ponder why Morrissey takes the stands he’s taking now.

He believes in individual freedom of thought and expression, as the left once claimed to. He believes in accountable government that responds to the people it’s supposed to serve, as the left once claimed to. He believes in the creative arts, as the left once claimed to. He sees Great Britain as a protector of these

Many of the uncounted immigrants from the Islamic world, whom the wokes unquestioningly support, believe in none of those things. They march through the streets of London toting signs saying “Behead those who insult Mohammed,” and too often they act on that – killing the Charlie Hebdo satirists in France and a soldier on the streets of London itself, and beheading journalists and hikers from Afghanistan to Syria to Morocco.

In America, Somali refugee turned Democrat Congresswoman Ilhan Omar regularly trashes the nation that generously took her in, and the left applaud her for it. The wokes have become a toxic cocktail of indulgence, ignorance and intolerance – and while they don’t see that, Morrissey does.

Morrissey sees the wokes and the left as weak on human freedom because they are. He sees them as unappreciative of living in the West because they are. The left is making alliances with ever more radical and reactionary elements including old-line communists and radical Islamists.

The left is increasingly authoritarian and dismissive of everyday concerns that animate “the Smiths” of the world. They care much more about intersectionality than jobs and taxes. They despise men like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson despite the freedoms they won for us, because they were human and men of their times.

Morrissey ought to serve as an object lesson for anyone on the left today. Question them and, no matter what left-wing causes you’ve advocated and for how many decades you’ve advocated them, they will turn on you and they will cast you out or cannibalize you.

But object lessons require some awareness of facts beyond wokeness. So Morrissey’s career demise, if it comes to that, will happen in vain. The woke revolutionaries will have their Robespierre, dead as far his career is concerned, and will eventually all turn on and devour each other."

https://humanevents.com/2019/06/08/the-woking-dead-come-for-morrissey/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Morrissey hates good changes. Of course he hates bad changes like everybody else does.
He hates change period and would turn back time if he could. The brits might use modern things but deep down they are all stuck in a 18th century cottage out in nowhere smoking pipes where the only entertainment is the flashes and noise from the open fire.

This article has now been shared on the official Morrissey Facebook page, so presumably either M or his manager approves.

Why do alt left think racist is the worst thing you can call someone?
#nationthatletslittlegirlsgetrapedbecauseafraidofoffendingmuslims
It reminds me of grade school when kids would gang up on someone and call them a "baby".
I'm sorry you were ganged up on in grade school.
#ButURaBaby

Yes mong, but that's only because nearly every Muslim man is called Mohammad.

Muslims are a minority but if every male, more or less, is called Mohammed then that name will be most popular.

It shows a lack of desire to assimilate on the part of Muslims.

Chinese and Koreans will come to the West and name their kids traditional Anglo-Saxon names like Helen or Grace or Michael or Brian which indicate a desire to assimilate. Whereas, say, African-Americans will give their kids exotic names like Deshaunté or Laquisha indicating a lack of desire to assimilate.

I'm sorry you were ganged up on in grade school.
#ButURaBaby

My point exactly, leftist racist centric are craving attention. Hey you go it now!! You say racist and someone whips there head around and actually talks to you<for now>. You were all ignored your whole lives but now you have some power!! You can say racist and someone cringes. I have never had the need to belittle people. How is it that all of a sudden after 20,000 years of evolution and wars that in the last 4 years an entire continent is completely racist. Your government is practicing mind control. They are controlling the backlash against globalism by taking away your right to object. Social proof is a standard manipulation technique.

Chinese and Koreans will come to the West and name their kids traditional Anglo-Saxon names like Helen or Grace or Michael or Brian which indicate a desire to assimilate. Whereas, say, African-Americans will give their kids exotic names like Deshaunté or Laquisha indicating a lack of desire to assimilate.
That's why Kim Nguyen still deals with noodles and her sister Karen is a chief exec who drives a company car.

The more black americans embrace their african roots the less they will succeed and integrate. What politicians so eager to make people improve forgot is that the only people that need to leave all their past behind are the non-whites who need to become "white" as far as it is possible.

Minorities keep on being the big problem.

My point exactly, leftist racist centric are craving attention. Hey you go it now!! You say racist and someone whips there head around and actually talks to you<for now>. You were all ignored your whole lives but now you have some power!! You can say racist and someone cringes. I have never had the need to belittle people. How is it that all of a sudden after 20,000 years of evolution and wars that in the last 4 years an entire continent is completely racist. Your government is practicing mind control. They are controlling the backlash against globalism by taking away your right to object. Social proof is a standard manipulation technique.

Ole Dammegard will explain why. He is yet to find a single muslim terrorist cause the so called muslim terrorists were not muslims or terrorists but part of a greater plan.
It is all about creating conflict and where were the muslim terrorists before Bin Laden popped up?

The iron curtain fell with the wall and so the bad east people had to be replaced with a new threat and that was when the muslims entered the stage.

The gay issue is what will send it all into chaos in the end, that is the big divide that will be used to stage false flags and psy ops to create even more hate between muslims and non-muslims.

This guy is clearly not a fan and gets more wrong than he gets right He calls Morrissey "left wing" -- Morrissey never identified as left wing although many of his fans like myself did, and even on early songs like "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" he strayed quite far from the leftist orthodoxy. He calls Morrissey "sexually fluid"--all evidence points to the fact that Moz was never interested in women, his discomfort with the term "homosexual" notwithstanding.

He says Morrissey "burst onto the punk rock and new wave scene back in the early 1980s, fronting edgy bands that were too hot for radio"--he burst with one band, The Smiths. Really, you can only count The Nosebleeds if you are reading Wikipedia. He says The Smith's biggest hit was “Bigmouth Strikes Again.”--everyone knows that The Smiths never had any hits, and of the ones that came close, "Bigmouth Strikes Again" was not one!

Last edited:
This is an archetypal attack by a gang of London blacks. Most likely Muslim blacks whose parents were refugees. If the suspects were white this fact would have been publicized heavily and used as a tool against Brexit and 'Little Englanders' etc. There are no rampaging gangs of whites in London. The police released an extensive list of London's street-gangs a couple of years ago and every single one was black. Homophobic attacks have risen each year, so have anti-Semitic attacks in London, and they will keep rising - for one reason only.

When liberals keep getting violently attacked, they will eventually pull their heads out of the sand to admit that the "refugees" they care so much about don't share their enlightened values in any way - and their kids are evidently even more backward and violent. But until that happens impassioned denial (such as you have demonstrated) will prevail.
They're burying their heads in the sand now? They must've run out of arseholes.

This guy is clearly not a fan and gets more wrong than he gets right He calls Morrissey "left wing" -- Morrissey never identified as left wing although many of his fans like myself did, and even on early songs like "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" he strayed quite far from the leftist orthodoxy. He calls Morrissey "sexually fluid"--all evidence points to the fact that Moz was never interested in women, his discomfort with the term "homosexual" notwithstanding.

He says Morrissey "burst onto the punk rock and new wave scene back in the early 1980s, fronting edgy bands that were too hot for radio"--he burst with one hand, The Smiths. Really, you can only count The Nosebleeds if you are reading Wikipedia. He says Tge Smith's biggest hit was “Bigmouth Strikes Again.”--that is a comical statement in multiple ways!
I must applaud you and you are without doubt the first one on this very forum that sees it for what it is despite it going against your own political view. I love that kind of honesty and people like you who are able to look at things from a neutral perspective have my utmost respect.

This forum needs loads more of it. Moz was always critical of politicians from all corners and even suggested in the 90's that footballs should be replaced with their heads. I believe the song and video for "Interesting Drug" made lefties reach for their red Moscow banners and rush onto the streets singing proletarian songs.

From then on Moz was cursed but managed to side swipe it a bit by milking his LA latin fan base until he recently decided to become indie musics answer to heavy metal's Varg Vikernes and openly started to question things that are going on.

I believe we will see a much more outspoken Morrissey who will side with the far right more actively and maybe even march with them. The news from the grapewine after Joey Barton's recent wedding suggests it.

This is quite funny. But also completely inaccurate. The WOKE left, I can assure you, is NOT talking about Morrissey.

HOLD ON TO YOUR..ILLUSIONS, UNCLE SKINNY.

I dont really care about his political views....which I disagree with but for me the music has become so bad that I cant even listen. I have purchased everything he has ever put out. These last two albums have been uninspired, lyrically weak, its been about 10 years since he has released anything close to what he produced in his early solo years and has never been able to match what he produced with The Smiths.

I dont really care about his political views....which I disagree with but for me the music has become so bad that I cant even listen. I have purchased everything he has ever put out. These last two albums have been uninspired, lyrically weak, its been about 10 years since he has released anything close to what he produced in his early solo years and has never been able to match what he produced with The Smiths.

Each to their own of course, I feel Vauxhall is better than Strangeways, Viva Hate is also on a par with it. Arsenal, Quarry & ROTT are in the next tier not far behind, and the last two albums WPINOYB & LIHS are much better than Southpaw, Uncle and Maladjusted, even though those 90s records have maybe more of a personal connection to me.

His voice now is arguably better than ever before, so I still believe a new more personal record can be as good as Vauxhall.

Brian? Wtf

the Monday morning arshole of the day award goes to trill,doesnt matter what I write its dislike,the last time he or she laughed was probably about 2012,bawbag.

He's 60 years of age, I don't know what you expect? Material that matches his 20's and 30's? It's not happening mate, name me one person or band that their work at an advanced age matches their prime? Take a listen to recent albums by Springsteen, Squeeze, Weller, Costello etc, it's all the same, if you can get 3 or 4 good tracks an album you are doing well. Moz is the same. I liked about half a dozen songs on LIHS, 30 years ago I'd be disappointed. But not now.

I think it’s kind of sick that so called leftist are bullying Morrissey, a gay man, for not wanting to see his home country be flooded by people who think he deserves to die for his sexuality. I just dont understand the twist of logic to this, it’s pretty Orwellian.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom