The Very Best of Morrissey and Glamorous Glue sleeves

Both are great photos.

The bathtub one I remember from Linder's MorrisseyShot.

The other one was chosen to represent that whole Your Arsenal period.

Attachments

• the_very_best_of_morrissey_01.jpg
    the_very_best_of_morrissey_01.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 43
  • glamorous_glue_01.jpg
    glamorous_glue_01.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Pretty nice. I really like the Glue cover

While I'm sure it's not exactly meant to, I feel like the "Very Best" sleeve won't really entice potential new fans. :squiffy: Idk, to me there is just something awkward about looking dead on at a naked guy's hairy legs and feet. A good shot, perhaps, but not really an "iconic" or "definitive" image, I feel. Ah well. Won't be buying it anyway, so I'm not all that concerned :p

While I'm sure it's not exactly meant to, I feel like the "Very Best" sleeve won't really entice potential new fans. :squiffy: Idk, to me there is just something awkward about looking dead on at a naked guy's hairy legs and feet. A good shot, perhaps, but not really an "iconic" or "definitive" image, I feel. Ah well. Won't be buying it anyway, so I'm not all that concerned :p

But it is kind of definitive, no? With the tongue out and the clever look and the fact that he's put a picture of his naked self on the sleeve. I believe it'd attract much more attention from someone who sees it in a record store shelf than any if the earlier greatest hits albums which didn't really stand out in any way. (Maybe if they'd put the inner sleeve photo from the 2008 greatest hits on the cover that one would have done even better as well. Or at least it certainly would have gotten a lot more media coverage.)

But it is kind of definitive, no? With the tongue out and the clever look and the fact that he's put a picture of his naked self on the sleeve. I believe it'd attract much more attention from someone who sees it in a record store shelf than any if the earlier greatest hits albums which didn't really stand out in any way. (Maybe if they'd put the inner sleeve photo from the 2008 greatest hits on the cover that one would have done even better as well. Or at least it certainly would have gotten a lot more media coverage.)

Well, I guess looking back at the past it might be a LITTLE more definitive than I first realized. Definitive of his PERSONALITY, perhaps. Personally, I liked the shot used for the 2008 Greatest Hits front sleeve -- a previously unseen shot that for me seemed to capture the passion of the music. But I'm not moaning over it -- he can do whatever he pleases -- just my two cents worth :D

Wot no cherry? :(

And ~ any chance of controversy with the 'Glamorous Glue' sleeve? It's a beauty to me, but The Guardian blogs might not see it that way.

Wot no cherry? :(

That was what I was going to say. They shouldn't of cropped the cherry placed on the tub. That, to me was one of the best parts of the picture.

My take on the Very Best of cover, I know he's not on RCA but I thought I'd make it look a bit more official an realistic, plus I could get a good Major Minor logo. Alright bitches?

2pt3z2p.jpg

^^^^ This. If I didn't already have the songs, this sleeve would definitely make me want to buy it more. Not bad at all.

He looks like a corpse in the bathtub one, the police have just busted his door down and were confronted with THAT floating in the bathtub, GEE WHIZ.

I quite like both of those photos. I can't see there being much controversy with the GG sleeve for a variety of reasons: even with the EDL around, it's still safer ground than it was in 1992, plus, sad to say, he could put a picture of him strangling a kitten on the front, no-one's going to be paying that much attention.

I think Morrissey & EMI know the new best of isn't going to sell very well so why not have some fun with the artwork?

The bathtub one does not really fit , IMHO. The other one very cool indeed, one of his best.
Cheers Moz

Maybe it's a reference to his soul. "Soles" of his feet.

My take on the Very Best of cover, I know he's not on RCA but I thought I'd make it look a bit more official an realistic, plus I could get a good Major Minor logo. Alright bitches?

2pt3z2p.jpg
Well done. Not characteristic of your other design work. :p

The best Linder era photo has to be
normal_m138.JPG

Crop it, stick some text and a logo on it... bob's yer uncle... Instant number one :lbf:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom