The top 10 best things Morrissey has said and done

Sounds more like Sister I'm a Poet but a similar (well Bona Drag) era and a great song - forgiven!

LOL... Yes, the quote if from "Sister"... a quote about his tendency to talk about books, but my favourite example is "November Spawned a Monster", which is a homage to Lautréamont's Hermaphrodite. Are we clear now? :)

Today someone told me something interesting about language and communication... and I thought about the fowls of Chaucer.

LOL... Yes, the quote if from "Sister"... a quote about his tendency to talk about books, but my favourite example is "November Spawned a Monster", which is a homage to Lautréamont's Hermaphrodite. Are we clear now? :)

Today someone told me something interesting about language and communication... and I thought about the fowls of Chaucer.

I am still fascinated by the story of building the tower of Babylon as described in the Bible as people decided to build that tower as a way to get close to God in Heaven and they were convinced they could, but that God obstructed their plans by causing chaos and misunderstanding which was the supposed origine of all languages.

And the tower could never be finished.
As if they were getting to close to Him.

In my fantasy about literature I would like to hear or seen written conversations from great writers with each other.

For instance Jorge Luis Borges with Oscar Wilde.
It could be marvellous but at the same time it very well could be a giant example of two geniuses exchanging highly intelligent and opposing views and neither would understand each other.

The thought amuses me as it still could be very funny.

But ultimately misunderstanding and intent are the ingredients of all human aspirations.

If it sounds too much like I am a misanthrope, I don’t feel like I am cause there are many bright sides to life too and that is an immense pleasure.
:thumb:

best said ?

An endless list! gem upon gem upon gem !, but recently? His 'State of the union address' was quite touching.

best done ?

Him being him and not backing down.

Also, and I'm sure everyone will agree .....

LOW IN HIGH SCHOOL !!!!
:rock:

I am still fascinated by the story of building the tower of Babylon as described in the Bible as people decided to build that tower as a way to get close to God in Heaven and they were convinced they could, but that God obstructed their plans by causing chaos and misunderstanding which was the supposed origine of all languages.

In my fantasy about literature I would like to hear or seen written conversations from great writers with each other.

It could be marvellous but at the same time it very well could be a giant example of two geniuses exchanging highly intelligent and opposing views and neither would understand each other.

But ultimately misunderstanding and intent are the ingredients of all human aspirations.

If it sounds too much like I am a misanthrope, I don’t feel like I am cause there are many bright sides to life too and that is an immense pleasure.

Are you are reading my mind? I'll send you something.

Hahaha... for some reason the forum doesn't let me do it. Send me a PM just saying "hi" if you want, I wanted to show you something that you may like.

Are you are reading my mind? I'll send you something.

Okay.
I don’t really think I can intentionally, but we could be on the same wavelength, so to speak. :thumb:

I always refer to that tower in shops when customers have stacked the baskets so high and the staff has no time to attend to it.

I loved when he said "svenska svenska svenska" (swedish swedish swedish) with a mad mans voice when entering the stage here at some gig.

Made me LOL. Not sure if I heard that online or in real life.

best said ?

An endless list! gem upon gem upon gem !, but recently? His 'State of the union address' was quite touching.

best done ?

Him being him and not backing down.

Also, and I'm sure everyone will agree .....

LOW IN HIGH SCHOOL !!!! :rock:

ohhhh thank you ketamine sun!! so kind of you to take the time to remind us all what an absolutely perfect creature he is!! :love::love::love:

I think the reason why no one ever compiles lists of the best things Morrissey has said/done is because the list would be way too long!

ohhhh thank you ketamine sun!! so kind of you to take the time to remind us all what an absolutely perfect creature he is!! :love::love::love:

I think the reason why no one ever compiles lists of the best things Morrissey has said/done is because the list would be way too long!

MERRY CHRIST-MYTH ! :christmastree::alien::D to you rifke! and to all the other kind folks here on solo ! :)

another best thing M has done is.... turn us on to so much great works of art from music to books to films....

Here's some clips from one of his favorite films... CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT from 1945 ...

MERRY CHRIST-MYTH ! :christmastree::alien::D to you rifke! and to all the other kind folks here on solo ! :)

another best thing M has done is.... turn us on to so much great works of art from music to books to films....

Here's some clips from one of his favorite films... CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT from 1945 ...

oh, k_s that movie looks so good! I've never heard of it before. I shall have to give it a watch! Morrissey has the best taste, doesn't he?! I have learned so much from being a Morrissey fan: about james Baldwin, about pasolini, about Klaus nomi, about jobriath (of course, I learned about Klaus nomi and jobriath from you but I wouldn't have known who you were if not for Morrissey). in fact, just the other day I was mentally toting up how much I've learned since discovering Morrissey and this forum. I'm telling you, I was a real dummy before I knew who Morrissey was, I'm not kidding.:p

and another thing that makes Morrissey great are his grade a fans. so merry Christ-myth to you too, k_s! :christmastree::pill::rabbitface:

also, my love of blazers came from Morrissey! I never much cared about blazers before Morrissey--true story--because I have never, and I mean NEVER in my life seen a creature wear a blazer like Morrissey. :love:

Thanks for that Ket!
As always such interesting and enjoyable links and info about art and film and music!

Back
Top Bottom