The Smiths - BBC Crown Jewels on VH1 Classics

The Seeker of Good Songs

For those up and aware...at 12am Pacific time on cable/satellite channel/network VH1 Classics, The Smiths will be on in concert.

That is midnight time Sunday night / Monday morning. 21 Dec.
That is in approximately one hour and 20 minutes from when I posted this.

Thank you!

If anyone is interested, it was the "Whistle Test" concert. At one point someone throws something at our Mozzy and it hits him in the eye. There was a lot of flower throwing, from both directions. He goes off stage for a while but comes back on before the song ends and continues.

I think if that'd happened currently, the house lights would've come on.

If anyone is interested, it was the "Whistle Test" concert. At one point someone throws something at our Mozzy and it hits him in the eye. There was a lot of flower throwing, from both directions. He goes off stage for a while but comes back on before the song ends and continues.

Sigh. I knew someone would bring this up. There's a bit of difference between tossing flowers and hurling a bottle.

I think I caught Morrissey actually grinning from time to time during the performance. :eek:

Sigh. I knew someone would bring this up. There's a bit of difference between tossing flowers and hurling a bottle.

I think I caught Morrissey actually grinning from time to time during the performance. :eek:

I wasn't trying to be controversial in my comment.
I think the object in the eye was a more serious matter than a plastic water bottle on the noggin.

I also think that the mature Morrissey puts on a much better show than in the past and that his live vocals have improved immensely.

I think I read a Marr interview somewhere that this was Johnny's worst moment onstage.

Back
Top Bottom