This is one amazing fan edit.
Stannis is a child murdering zealot and i hope Brienne sodomized his dead body with Renly's sword.
Yeah, I guess to you it is only OK when God did it to Jesus...
Oranges and apples, dear boy.
1. The fact that you are comparing Stannis to God is laughable
2. Jesus knew and accepted his fate to die for the greater good, Shireen did not
3. Jesus lived his life to maturity, Shireen was a child
4. Jesus was risen from the dead and enjoys life eternal (If you're into that sort of thing), Shireen is dead and that's all.
5. Suck a dick.
1. That isn't a point.
2. Shireen accepted. She told Stannis she would do whatever it takes to help. And like Jesus, in the moment of the sacrifice she was weak. "My God, why have you forsaken me?" Greater good of what? To cleanse us of sin? How is that a better sacrificial cause than uniting and protecting the realm from the White Walkers?
3. Technically, I think you could consider Jesus a man-child since he never passed into "manhood".
4. Ever heard of the Brotherhood Without Banners? Seems like the Lord of Light can do that thing too. Shireen's death actually makes the sacrifice, you know, an actual sacrifice.
5. Suck MY dick. No really. Right now.
1. Yes it is.
2. Shireen consented AS A CHILD. She cannot consent to sacrificing herself just an underage girl can't consent to sex. She is too young to understand consequences. Killing her with her consent is murder just as f***ing her with her consent would be rape. Greater good my asshole. Obviously murdering his own child brought a curse upon him and if he is dead that is why. He didn't care to protect the realm. He wanted his rightful throne. Stannous spent his whole life being the strongest but most reviled Baratheon. He feels it is his turn. He doesn't care about anything else.
3. Ever hear of Mary Magdalene?
4. Maybe if the red lady hadn't fled like a c***, shrine could be saved. But she did, and she's not. Shut it.
5. Go clean the bathroom.
If I could say a few words here...
I agree with Viva. The sacrifice not working is just stupid. Totally contradicts everything we've seen from Malificent or whatever the f*** her dumb name is.
It was a super powerful scene; maybe one of the best in the show. But something felt off about it and I think it had to do with her leaving in shame and embarrassment because she either had lost her powers (?) or lied (?) to get Stannis' kid out of the picture...bitches be doing that in real life, too, so I hope it was that.
Everything in my body told me to hate Stannis for doing that (up to that point my favorite character, or at least tied with Jorah), but after the scene was over, I somehow only rooted for him more.
Love. It's weird.