The next album of original Morrissey songs - what do we know about it?

A

Anonymous

It's been mentioned a few times, I think most recently by Sam Eric Rayner, but what do we actually know about it? Here's what I think we've been told.
  • Joe Picallili has produced it - his 3rd original Morrissey album (putting him on a par with Steve Lillywhite?)
  • We have two (or is it three) song titles?
  • Morrissey suggested it would come out in early 2020.
  • Do we know how many songs? 10 or 12 presumably.
  • Anything else e.g. was it recorded in France again?

It's been mentioned a few times, I think most recently by Sam Eric Rayner, but what do we actually know about it? Here's what I think we've been told.
  • Joe Picallili has produced it - his 3rd original Morrissey album (putting him on a par with Steve Lillywhite?)

3 song titles known. 12 songs. Scheduled for January and recorded in France.

what are the three.
"sam:
Why did you record in France, yet again?

M:
The studio is terrific, there’s lots of animals, and no television. I feel completely safe in France.

sam:
Songs like “Jim Jim Falls” and “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know” sound very powerful, whereas “Love Is On Its Way Out” is just beautiful. Are you constantly torn between this gemini hard strike and soft stroke?"

Above from the SER interview.
The rest of the information came from the Dodwell interview in May.

Regards,
FWD.

"sam:

M:
The studio is terrific, there’s lots of animals, and no television. I feel completely safe in France.

sam:
Songs like “Jim Jim Falls” and “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know” sound very powerful, whereas “Love Is On Its Way Out” is just beautiful. Are you constantly torn between this gemini hard strike and soft stroke?"

Regards,
FWD.
cheers famous totally forgot about that.

50B79EE0-13BD-4C5F-BACC-CCEB0416C10C.jpeg

What was that good song he released recently that sunk into the swamp because all of the cover songs are getting attention? If the new record sounds like that I might buy it.

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is desperately writing sucky comet songs, one after each tiny unsold out mini small gig, so he can release an album two weeks after the Moz comes out.

Moz does A, Monkey:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: has to do A.

doh:

And how about "Blue Dreamers Eyes"?
I don't consider that as a proper release.
But I can guess the answer: it will surface on the deluxe edition of the next album.
So there will be a deluxe edition of that new album too.

Are we certain that both of these songs are from the new album sessions and not leftovers from the 2017 Low in High School sessions?
They are both already known:
Brow Of My Beloved - Sunset Sound, LA, 2018.
I Thought You Were Dead - Italy, 2017.
(Information as per the vinyl labels).

Regards,
FWD.

I’m SO grateful for these classic Moz chunes:

Brow of my Beloved
I Thought You Were Dead
Blue Dreamers Eyes
By The Time......

I hope the last two somehow, someway can get proper studio official releases. @Famous when dead @Ryan
@Uncleskinny is it possible that can happen based off Morrissey’s history? Or would they just join songs in the can such as “I’m playing Easy To Get” “Noise is the best Revenge” etc. Hypothetically, if they were to be released in the future, in what way could you see that transpiring ?

They have made the drought of original songs bearable. In my humble opinion, these four are better than anything he’s done in a long while aside from a few gems on WPINOYB and LIHS
They kind of give me the Sweetie Pie vibe as far as out of nowhere and don’t really fit into the current climate so to speak. They also remind me of a time 1992-1997 that I truly enjoyed Moz discog release wise.

Brow of my Beloved
I Thought You Were Dead
Blue Dreamers Eyes
By The Time......

I hope the last two somehow, someway can get proper studio official releases. @Famous when dead @Ryan
@Uncleskinny is it possible that can happen based off Morrissey’s history? Or would they just join songs in the can such as “I’m playing Easy To Get” “Noise is the best Revenge” etc. Hypothetically, if they were to be released in the future, in what way could you see that transpiring ?

Good question. And I am definitely not best placed to answer so would like to hear the other views.
But I believe that "Noise is the best revenge" was released on the 3 CD track also featuring I have forgiven Jesus and the Slum Mums. The CD is hard to find though, presumably a limited edition ?

"sam:

M:

sam:

Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for this - these song titles actually sound quite promising. None of the recent ghastly, creepy, sexual rubbish (When you open your legs in bed) and no gormless inept attempts at geo-political observation (Israel and World Peace).

But I believe that "Noise is the best revenge" was released on the 3 CD track also featuring I have forgiven Jesus and the Slum Mums.
That was a live radio session version only, by the way (which was released as a B Side on Morrissey's live cover version of 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'.) Should be mega-cheap to pick up the CD single second hand. If the song was ever recorded properly as a studio version, it's never been issued.

A not yet finished cover of the album has leaked online and Sam is to blame. At least we know the title now.

wPsMnNc.png

So it seems we have song featuring Thelma Houston to add to the pot.
An 'amazing song' that is 'pure magic'.
And early 2020 is once again mentioned as a release date.

Back
Top Bottom