The National changes "Bona Drag" lyric reference in "Pink Rabbits" live

(originally posted in the thread: This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr)

We just got back from watching The National on this beautiful evening in this beautiful town. They changed the lyrics to their song Pink Rabbits from

And everybody was gone
You were standing in the street cause you were trying not to crack up
And Bona Drag is still on

to

And everybody was gone
... oh, f*** that man, he was good for a while

True story

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
We just got back

from watching The National on this beautiful evening in this beautiful town. Thought it might be worth a mention that The National changed the lyrics to their song Pink Rabbits from

And everybody was gone

to

And everybody was gone

:sleeping:

We just got back from watching The National on this beautiful evening in this beautiful town. They changed the lyrics to their song Pink Rabbits from

And everybody was gone

to

And everybody was gone

True story

Oh is that the same lead singer who was gushing over Morrissey on Later With Jools Holland a few months ago - even dedicating one of the songs to him - but Morrissey blanked him when he came over and tried to talk to him? I'm sure Morrissey's heartbroken that he doesn't like him anymore, since Morrissey was so enthralled by him when they met in the flesh -- NOT!! :rolleyes:

The National is a rubbish band for boring people.

The National is perhaps the best band around, so this of course is a drag...

The National are boring as f*** and every song is written in sepia tones. I wait for crescendos that never arrive, and fall asleep drooling on my lapel when they play- BUT

"f*** that guy" is the very common three word refrain I hear in the real world (not online) when Morrissey is brought up. It's happened enough times now to strike me as curious that so many would have it as a default response.

By the way, is it “f*** that man” or “f*** that, man”? Big difference.

Oh is that the same lead singer who was gushing over Morrissey on Later With Jools Holland a few months ago - even dedicating one of the songs to him - but Morrissey blanked him when he came over and tried to talk to him? I'm sure Morrissey's heartbroken that he doesn't like him anymore, since Morrissey was so enthralled by him when they met in the flesh -- NOT!! :rolleyes:

but Morrissey blanked him when he came over and tried to talk to him? I'm sure Morrissey's heartbroken that he doesn't like him anymore, since Morrissey was so enthralled by him when they met in the flesh -- NOT!! :rolleyes:

Yeah it's only cool to be a prick if you are Morrissey!

Matt is an infinitely more interesting lyricist than Morrissey at this point.

Nice lyric change.

The backlash is building.

Don't worry, Morrissey's crack team of defenders will be sure to tell you otherwise.

Written some good music but like most of these "alt" US bands, liberal dickwads.
Conservatives don't do art well.

You can't deal confidently with artistic tools like paradox, irony, and satire when you have such little self-awareness, and a lack of culture.

Conservatives don't do art well.

You can't deal confidently with artistic tools like paradox, irony, and satire when you have such little self-awareness, and a lack of culture.

"Conservatives don't do art well" -- the majority of western Art prior to 1965 says otherwise. Literally centuries of it. Didn't pay much attention in history class, did you, dimwit? Talk about lack of awareness! Your theory has crashed to the ground at the first hurdle.

The National’s last five albums have pissed all over anything Morrissey has done since 2004, that’s for sure. Also, one of the best live bands of the last decade. The only drag now is Morrissey, and the far-right apologists who seem to inhabit every nook and cranny of this forum now.

Snorefest. 'Good for a while' is better than they'll ever be. The singer is a pretentious twat, as evidenced with his white house bullshit when they were on Joolz Holland. Why do these bullshit singers always assume we care what they think. I couldn't be arsed putting a ? at the end of that sentence.

Yes yes, that same lead singer who used to gush over Morrissey is now denouncing him (perhaps something to do with Morrissey's right wing assholery?) But you’re right, The National's output over the last decade can’t match the greatness of Morrissey’s… I mean stuff like Pink Rabbits ain’t no Kiss Me A Lot.

Also, you are the Holocaust denier from the politics thread. I don't do Holocaust deniers. You tend to have poor judgment.

Snorefest. 'Good for a while' is better than they'll ever be. The singer is a pretentious twat, as evidenced with his white house bullshit when they were on Joolz Holland. Why do these bullshit singers always assume we care what they think. I couldn't be arsed putting a ? at the end of that sentence.
Feels weird that a Moz fan would be so hateful towards a band like The National. They share lots of similarities with Moz. Witty, yet profoundly dark lyrics. Strong vocal melodies. A sense of drama. A charismatic front man. Have you heard songs like About Today, Guilty Party or Conversation 16?

The National are boring as f*** and every song is written in sepia tones. I wait for crescendos that never arrive, and fall asleep drooling on my lapel when they play- BUT

"f*** that guy" is the very common three word refrain I hear in the real world (not online) when Morrissey is brought up. It's happened enough times now to strike me as curious that so many would have it as a default response.

They’re really not boring, though. I thought so myself at first, but the more I listen to them the more addicted I become. Underneath the sepia tones, the music is actually quite complex and layered, the songs well-crafted (I bet you they don’t show up in the studio with half-baked ideas unlike certain other artists - every note, every second of every track has a use and a purpose). And then there’s Matt Berninger’s lyrics - love, loss, self-doubt, darkness, desperation but also a great sense of humour; all delivered soulfully. How can you not love a line like "I'm so surprised you want to dance with me now, I was just getting used to living life without you around”?

Feels weird that a Moz fan would be so hateful towards a band like The National. They share lots of similarities with Moz. Witty, yet profoundly dark lyrics. Strong vocal melodies. A sense of drama. A charismatic front man. Have you heard songs like About Today, Guilty Party or Conversation 16?
I think they're ok but not great. The antics of your man on stage singing puts me off. So does the beard and the whole hipster vibe. I don't find him charismatic. I find Brett Anderson charismatic, or Moz, Lloyd Cole, Siouxsie, maybe even Sumner from New Order. I love those bands because the voice is as good or better than the music. Most bands to me either have none of the two, or one at most. But not both, certainly none of the more modern bands. To be honest I find 95% of the bands on Joolz to be pure unfiltered toxic shit.

The fact that Gregor Samsa and 12" on the slack both enjoy The National is enough to tell me that my view that "The National is a boring band for boring people" was entirely correct.

The National are boring as f*** and every song is written in sepia tones. I wait for crescendos that never arrive, and fall asleep drooling on my lapel when they play=:thumb::thumb:"f*** that guy" is the very common three word refrain I hear in the real world (not online) when Morrissey is brought up. It's happened enough times now to strike me as curious that so many would have it as a default response.

default because they can't think for themselves. PARROT THEIR PEERS AND WHAT THE MEDIA TELLS THEM.

If it wasn't for M the National would never have stepped on a stage,

... UNGRATEFUL TURDS.

:cool:

The fact that Gregor Samsa and 12" on the slack both enjoy The National is enough to tell me that my view that "The National is a boring band for boring people" was entirely correct.

f*** off, Holocaust denier.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom