The National changes "Bona Drag" lyric reference in "Pink Rabbits" live

(originally posted in the thread: This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr)

We just got back from watching The National on this beautiful evening in this beautiful town. They changed the lyrics to their song Pink Rabbits from

And everybody was gone
You were standing in the street cause you were trying not to crack up
And Bona Drag is still on

to

And everybody was gone
You were standing in the street cause you were trying not to crack up
... oh, f*** that man, he was good for a while

True story

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is just something so comforting about hearing Berninger attempt to sort out his life, especially when you realise he has none of the answers.

Their songs are not about happy endings, they’re about finding those life-affirming moments amongst all the rest of the muck and shit we're ploughing through.

i was eating some bean soup/ sitting in a farting chair

Should we really do an analysis of Morrissey’s lyrics over the last ten years, to The National’s lyrics over the last ten years? Because sorry to say, it will be pretty embarrassing for him. Moz was a great lyricist, but those days are long gone.

There is just something so comforting about hearing Berninger attempt to sort out his life, especially when you realise he has none of the answers.

Their songs are not about happy endings, they’re about finding those life-affirming moments amongst all the rest of the muck and shit we're ploughing through.

i'd never heard of them before now, but I like this one a lot!

Yes you dont find better lyrics than in this cucky National song.

sitting in some chair
drinking pink flamingos

sung to a :sleeping: tune.

Moz will NEVER beat that.:crazy:

Very difficult to listen and stay awake.
:sleeping:

Since there is only one swede left here I wish him a speedy and brutal death at the hands of anything and anyone. Let it be known the news of his death will be greeted by church chimes ringing from town to town celebrating the good news. People will throw their hats into the air and cheer as if they won a million on gambling. Then pause and seconds later he will have been forgotten and never mentioned again except for the few times in life when illness and pains will be cursed by shouting his name.

"Conservatives don't do art well" -- the majority of western Art prior to 1965 says otherwise. Literally centuries of it. Didn't pay much attention in history class, did you, dimwit? Talk about lack of awareness! Your theory has crashed to the ground at the first hurdle.

This is hilarious... are there actual statistics about this statement? "the majority of western Art prior to 1965 says otherwise"...

Seems unlikely that what we now see as memorable and groundbreaking art would have been made by conservatives, since for art to be groundbreaking it has to literally break with established traditions, something conservatives are not quite keen on. Unless you think conservative simply means: racist, sexist, homphobic, xenophobic. Sure, maybe a lot of artists expressed those views, but the more influential "western art" we remember and celebrate now, we do so because the artists involved took risks and challenged traditions. Conservatives are about preserving and defending tradition. So I think you're probably very wrong...

You know what would be life-affirming is if you gave it a rest with your pretentious bullshit.

Oh is that the same lead singer who was gushing over Morrissey on Later With Jools Holland a few months ago - even dedicating one of the songs to him - but Morrissey blanked him when he came over and tried to talk to him? I'm sure Morrissey's heartbroken that he doesn't like him anymore, since Morrissey was so enthralled by him when they met in the flesh -- NOT!! :rolleyes:

The National is a rubbish band for boring people.
God, you sound like a petulant little child. "Who cares if he doesn't like Morrissey anymore...because...Morrissey didn't like him first!!!!" Sounds like f***in' Donald Trump.

I was one of the final holdouts but let's face it, Morrissey is done. It is over.

When you say "it is over", to what are you referring? You know that he will continue to make records, sell out concerts and agitate in the media until he curls up his toes...it's just what he does. The records will still sell, the concerts will still sell out, the interviewers will still line up and grasp onto any tit-bit he offers.

Lots of posts have mentioned things being 'over'. They really aren't. They might be for the individual who will ceremoniously burn the Cds, bleach the t-shirts, laser the tattoos and refuse to buy the tickets...but for every one who does this, there are another thousand who care not one jot for his views on society and will continue to be a 'fan' (for want of a better word).

If stating it is 'over' on here helps you in some form of cathartic cleansing ritual, then good luck, but the fact that you (and many others) actually come to this forum to say these things is just a bit weird.

I worry that you are all going to turn out like poor, mad, Uncle Skinny...and nobody would wish that upon their worst enemy.

When you say "it is over", to what are you referring? You know that he will continue to make records, sell out concerts and agitate in the media until he curls up his toes...it's just what he does. The records will still sell, the concerts will still sell out, the interviewers will still line up and grasp onto any tit-bit he offers.

Lots of posts have mentioned things being 'over'. They really aren't. They might be for the individual who will ceremoniously burn the Cds, bleach the t-shirts, laser the tattoos and refuse to buy the tickets...but for every one who does this, there are another thousand who care not one jot for his views on society and will continue to be a 'fan' (for want of a better word).

If stating it is 'over' on here helps you in some form of cathartic cleansing ritual, then good luck, but the fact that you (and many others) actually come to this forum to say these things is just a bit weird.

I worry that you are all going to turn out like poor, mad, Uncle Skinny...and nobody would wish that upon their worst enemy.

:neutral:

I think the poor sod is already contaminated by Skinny. They are like Skinny Stepford Wives.:openmouth:

You know what would be life-affirming is if you gave it a rest with your pretentious bullshit.

Sorry that talking about a band I like annoys you so much. Next time I'll put a bit more "c***", "sow", "fat c***" and "fat bitch" in my critique to make it a bit more life-affirming for you and to make it suit your intellectual level. Twice banned troll trash.

'When you say "it is over", to what are you referring? You know that he will continue to make records, sell out concerts and agitate in the media until he curls up his toes...it's just what he does. The records will still sell, the concerts will still sell out, the interviewers will still line up and grasp onto any tit-bit he offers.

If stating it is 'over' on here helps you in some form of cathartic cleansing ritual, then good luck, but the fact that you (and many others) actually come to this forum to say these things is just a bit weird.'

:thumb: anon wise.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom