The National changes "Bona Drag" lyric reference in "Pink Rabbits" live

(originally posted in the thread: This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr)

We just got back from watching The National on this beautiful evening in this beautiful town. They changed the lyrics to their song Pink Rabbits from

And everybody was gone
You were standing in the street cause you were trying not to crack up
And Bona Drag is still on

to

And everybody was gone
You were standing in the street cause you were trying not to crack up
... oh, f*** that man, he was good for a while

True story

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
:sleeping:

ooo, Sorry folks for dozing off, couldn't help it.

What is that playing, the National still???

Very sad that The National would do this. Not agreeing with Morrissey's social or political views is fine, however as artists themselves they should realize that the art Morrissey has created is a completely separate entity. This comes off as a stunt for cheap applause.

This is NOT a good day for realitybites.

Another day, another stupid attempt at baiting from twice-banned “Truth”.

Of course she will claim that she is the one being harassed and followed around this board and whinge how unfair her banning was.

It works both ways you skinny bitch. You DO follow me around and you make your little comments and once in a while I make a comment to you. :tears::tears::tears::tears:
Anyway, shouldn't you be at the petting zoo doing a photo shoot? :thumb::laughing:

Boring band. Like a Jarvis Cocker/Pulp cover band on ‘ludes. Many friends tried to turn me onto these dudes, but that’s just it. They’re a boring bunch of dudes. Bro emo? Broemo? Embro?

So you have to love islam these days to be a good person? What the hell is the world coming to. It’s like some Orwellian shit. To be liberal and progress, you must embrace the least of liberal ideas. To even question Islam these days is seen as wrong, when it’s actually very right. What has happened to Europe?

Presumably they enjoyed the initial frisson of achieving some degree of success-by-association after naming themselves after a certain ambiguous Morrissey song? Maybe they should not just change their lyrics but go the whole hog and rename themselves the Fair-weather Friends?

OMFG you guys! Last night I went to see Madoona. YAAAS QUEEN! And she sang Like A Virgin and she said Like a Morrissey instead. ROFL. I said Madonna Morrissey s'not a virgin since the 80's and she said song is from 80's silly bitch LOL.
Then my boyfriend left me because we're both bottoms but then I got a new one.

I love The National, a truly great band. Sleep Well Beast is one of my favourite records of the last few years and far superior to Low In High School (which I like too for all its flaws). You can slag off National as much as you like, but Moz is turning many of his old fans off at such a rate that Korda Marshall can no longer be unaware of.

I’m 49 and I have been buying everything by The Smiths and Morrissey since I was 13. At the start, they did represent the Liberal Left. That helped shape my political outlook ever since, in the same way I gave up meat. But I am finding this very difficult. Anyone else, and I would be condemning the support of For Britain and f***ing Tommy Robinson, for heaven sake. The EDL? Far-right thugs that I could never endorse for their agenda of hate and divisive spew.

The far-right know that their views are about as acceptable as pedophelia and so they whine about “freedom of speech” and fey complaints of being labelled racists for their abhorrent views. Support a neo -Nazi, far-right party and f***ing racist is what you are, so quit whinging about it. Their views disgust me and therefore, that makes it very difficult to support Morrissey.

Each interview moves him slightly further into that dark territory - although the right would probably object to the use of the word dark there - to the extent that one wonders what he is going to say next. And yet, I have Pre-ordered a compilation album on vinyl and CD, full of songs I already have but I do have heavy heart when it comes to a figure who has been a big part of my life for approaching 36 years.

The National is a band for discerning listeners.
Don't expect much support among the current crop of frequent solo posters or modern day brain damaged Morrissey 'fans'.

I love The National, a truly great band. Sleep Well Beast is one of my favourite records of the last few years and far superior to Low In High School (which I like too for all its flaws). You can slag off National as much as you like, but Moz is turning many of his old fans off at such a rate that Korda Marshall can no longer be unaware of.

My favourite as well - so many different approaches on one album, Guilty Party and The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness are examples, one very simple and one incredibly complex.

Interesting. I’m a big National fan and I wasn’t too thrilled upon hearing Sleep Well Beast for the first few initial listens (compared to their last four albums). After I saw those songs performed live though, it totally changed my opinion (perception) of those songs, and I really love it now. Nobody Else Will Be There is kind of like as monumental to me as Fake Empire for example, and that really hit me after seeing it live; it’s soul-crushing. Same with Carin At The Liquor Store and Guilty Party. Their sound has progressed so much as well. Lyrically too, Matt’s writing has gotten stronger, some of that stuff is much like a modern day Cohen when you really listen to it.

Each interview moves him slightly further into that dark territory - although the right would probably object to the use of the word dark there - to the extent that one wonders what he is going to say next. And yet, I have Pre-ordered a compilation album on vinyl and CD, full of songs I already have but I do have heavy heart when it comes to a figure who has been a big part of my life for approaching 36 years.
"Aw shucks. I'm disappointed by Morrissey, and super sad. I mean, I'll buy it, but only two copies."

I’m 49 and I have been buying everything by The Smiths and Morrissey since I was 13. At the start, they did represent the Liberal Left. That helped shape my political outlook ever since, in the same way I gave up meat. But I am finding this very difficult. Anyone else, and I would be condemning the support of For Britain and f***ing Tommy Robinson, for heaven sake. The EDL? Far-right thugs that I could never endorse for their agenda of hate and divisive spew.

The far-right know that their views are about as acceptable as pedophelia and so they whine about “freedom of speech” and fey complaints of being labelled racists for their abhorrent views. Support a neo -Nazi, far-right party and f***ing racist is what you are, so quit whinging about it. Their views disgust me and therefore, that makes it very difficult to support Morrissey.

Skinny , dont you think you have posted enough drama for one day? You sound like a tv vampire here ffs.doh:

The National is a band for discerning listeners.
Don't expect much support among the current crop of frequent solo posters or modern day brain damaged Morrissey 'fans'.
I take it you are from the far right with your stigmatising views of the mentally ill?

OMFG you guys! Last night I went to see Madoona. YAAAS QUEEN! And she sang Like A Virgin and she said Like a Morrissey instead. ROFL. I said Madonna Morrissey s'not a virgin since the 80's and she said song is from 80's silly bitch LOL.
Then my boyfriend left me because we're both bottoms but then I got a new one.

Some nice anonymous aggression there. Hmm. Who could this be? Who could have the same IP hash? Let's see.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 17.35.20.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 17.34.18.png

Oh, look, it’s “Truth” - poor, harassed and unfairly banned “Truth”. Every once in a while she will make a comment to me.

There is just something so comforting about hearing Berninger attempt to sort out his life, especially when you realise he has none of the answers.

Their songs are not about happy endings, they’re about finding those life-affirming moments amongst all the rest of the muck and shit we're ploughing through.

There is just something so comforting about hearing Berninger attempt to sort out his life, especially when you realise he has none of the answers.

Their songs are not about happy endings, they’re about finding those life-affirming moments amongst all the rest of the muck and shit we're ploughing through.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom