The Light Sound Journal features Moz

I know it's kind of a geeky thing to bother about but the lighting on the Refusal tour has been outstanding. In fact this guy Max, who's been on every tour since Quarry, is a bit of a genius.
I especially remember the Dundee date. Cos I was sitting quite far back in the balcony you could really get a sense of the light work for the show. 'Seasick, Yet Still Docked' in particular was breathtaking; the way the red and blue lights matched the structure of the song, with the stage bathed in blue during the instrumental sections, then as Moz sang each 'verse' he was faded up in a deep red light then faded down again at the end of the 'verse'. It really added to the beauty of the performance.
Geek out. :o

I only got to the two glasgow shows and the lighting at the end of how soon is now and the into to the loop amazed me and I never really take much notice of these things. It will probibly be something I'll pay more attention to at any gigs I go to now. thaks for posting

does anyone know where I can see a picture of the man Max Conwell?

I think I may have met him at a Mozzer gig but can't find any photos anywhere.

Thanking you in advance

Max was the one who designed the Sailor 'Refusal" backdrop. Moz gave him the picture and asked him to have refusal written on it with an 'old font' .

Cool! An unsung element in Morrissey artistry. I didn't realize the lighting dir. would have anything to do with the backdrop, except in the case of Quarry tour of course! Whatever happened to all those letters? Wasn't one of them put up on ebay? (cue link to old thread).

One for anyone interested in the technicalities of the stage show & lighting up Moz.
Linkydink ---> There is a light...

I didn't realize the lighting dir. would have anything to do with the backdrop, except in the case of Quarry tour of course! Whatever happened to all those letters? Wasn't one of them put up on ebay? (cue link to old thread).

I bought the 'M', it's in my garage right now. When I see it I think
"Who the 'M' in... my garage?" !!

Stephane

Tags
lighting lights
Back
Top Bottom