The Ghost in You....new year's project, ha...

• Thread starter punky bunnymen bunnyfan
  • Start date
P

punky bunnymen bunnyfan

Hey,

Happy Belated Christmas & New Years, blatheren! I trust and hope that all of you had a great time, remained healthy and safe. Hope Santa Claus was good to you too! I got a great pressie, a blue Ipod Nano and I'm currently downloading my cds and vinyls to it. This is just terrific b/c of the old vinyls I have from my maternal relatives.

I've been out & about myself w/ some gigs. I just saw Roman Candles, Psychedelic Furs and Get the Led Out. Excellent gigs and it was such a treat to hear The Ghost in You & Love My Way played by the Furs. What a night for reminiscing!

I have an updated blog in my MySpace account, and if you get some time, please read it and tell me what you think.
Well, the reason I'm posting is to ask a general question. It's a new year meaning a new start so, I'm seriously asking for some help. I feel I've exhausted all options so, I'm turning to perfect strangers now, to instill some new ideas.

Well, as you might be aware of (if you know me or read my myspace account's information), I have been on the dating scene since 1998. That was the ending of my engagement but, that was due to he tragically died. Since then, I've had profiles posted on countless dating websites. I've been on Eharmony, American Singles, Lavalifebyphone, Yahoo Personals, MSN Personals, Perfect Match, Match.com, Matchdoctor.com, etc. I've also had personal ads in the newspaper, on telephone dating services and been fixed up on blind dates by friends, relatives and work colleagues. I've taken adult evening school courses, joined a bowling league, went to my church's singles group and attended various book club meetings at my local library. I've "done" the club, bar and shore scene too. I've prayed about it and just not done anything too (used that different approach). That's where I'm beginning to think it's not meant to happen. What I'm asking from you is should I just give up totally (as I've been doing since March of 2006) or try some other options you might have suggestions for? I feel kind of saddening (as you'll read in my MySpace blog too) about the entire situation really. I just feel I've exhausted everything and all options. Even letting everything go (as I've been doing) is starting to lose some of it's appeal.

Any suggestions? Plus, please remember: I am working class (therefore, I don't want to charge up too many more dating Internet sites, personal ads or telephone ads but, I'm willing to try free ones that might have succession), I don't approach men (b/c of my face and I'm quiet/shy) and I'm very uncoordinated/unathletic but, I do like to bowl, play badmitton. I'll give you a list of all of the interests if you'd like.

I wouldn't recommend putting yourself though on MySpace or Ebay for meeting people! ROFLMAO. I have no personal experience on Ebay (obviously I haven't stooped that LOW, yet...lol) but, I do know that there's some very "interesting" people on MySpace.

Ha, anyone want to take me on as their New Year's project/resolution and get me a date by Valentine's Day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the only advice I can really offer is to try and be relaxed about it. I have been single for three years nearly, as in, I do go on dates and things but I haven't had an actual boyfriend for that amount of time. I have discovered that worrying about it less seems to make me more likely to meet new people: I took a long hard look at myself at the end of my last relationship and took a holiday on my own to try and see what I was really like (if that makes sense...). Once I'd been on my own awhile, it got a lot easier to do and now I am at a stage of being happier with myself.
My other suggestion might sound silly, but try wearing some essential oils which attract men to you (aparrently)such as ylang ylang, patchulli, lavender and rose. Suggestions where to go, erm... local bands who are plaing in bars and things can be quite a good way of meeting people. I know it can feel a bit odd going on your own, but in my experience you do meet some friendly people.
Good luck!!!

Well, the only advice I can really offer is to try and be relaxed about it. I have been single for three years nearly, as in, I do go on dates and things but I haven't had an actual boyfriend for that amount of time. I have discovered that worrying about it less seems to make me more likely to meet new people: I took a long hard look at myself at the end of my last relationship and took a holiday on my own to try and see what I was really like (if that makes sense...). Once I'd been on my own awhile, it got a lot easier to do and now I am at a stage of being happier with myself.
My other suggestion might sound silly, but try wearing some essential oils which attract men to you (aparrently)such as ylang ylang, patchulli, lavender and rose. Suggestions where to go, erm... local bands who are plaing in bars and things can be quite a good way of meeting people. I know it can feel a bit odd going on your own, but in my experience you do meet some friendly people.
Good luck!!!

Hey Hatful,
Congrats by the way, on your 2000th post.
Here's some things that are developing...
1) I got my hair cut. It's shoulder length now, wavy. I've tried everything to straighten it but, the problem is, it turns into shredded wheat. lol
2) I've revamped my apartment. I got rid of so much "immature" things ie: stuffed toys, games, etc. I have a more sleek, clean-lined, modernistic, NYC apartment look.
3) I've taken a good look at my closet and got rid of a lot of things that just weren't accommodating to me nor stylish. I donated a lot of things to the local Goodwill (thrift shop).
4) I've re-evaluated my thinking on situations w/ different approaches. I have totally did a 180 and have more of an open mind now on every issue, even the issues that "held me up" in the past. One of which was the issue in dealing w/ appearances and how they are used to judge people (especially upon first impressions).
However, in my revamping on myself, I've NOT changed for anyone. I've changed for myself. I refuse to change myself for anyone. That's just not cool.

Thanks for your help again and good luck to U2!
Cheers, e.

Back
Top Bottom