The exclusive vinyl thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date
Sorry, but I need to point this out to you: The coppola is a traditional kind of flat cap typically worn in Sicily.
I know your first language isn't English, but I think you mean to say 'coupla', as in a 'couple of'...
Nope, coppola, like in Francis Ford.

Also a director! I thought she was being funny but of course the movie isn't by FFC so it doesn't work..

Yeah, defo a must-see every coppola years.

Strangely enough, I couldn't remember the ending of the film. Probably coz it has always been one of those late-night movies on TV, and somehow I find the scenes with the pantomiming group of frolicking youngsters the most inuninteresting, especially at the end on the tennis court, so most likely I just fell asleep shortly before that.

So, what scenes do you remember most vividly?

The daylight scenes in the park stuck with me most, and the propeller that he got in the antique shop.

The sinister turn in the end when he suddenly realizes that he cannot for always be the one who makes time stop for others, but that he will be hunted down by time as well, and that she already has him in gunsight, hovering above him.

Stark contrast between the dull industrial parts and redbrick buildings of London and the bubbly colorful Swinging hippie accessories inside for the kids around there.

Always liked that part where he develops the photos and then keeps
blowin' them up to revel the guy in the bushes.
There's also a funny part where a guitarist breaks the neck off his
guitar and throws it in the crowd and the guy fights for the guitar
neck and then he runs out of the party and just throws the guitar
neck on the sidewalk.
Yeah, I like the mimes part to.

Always liked that part where he develops the photos and then keeps
blowin' them up to revel the guy in the bushes.
There's also a funny part where a guitarist breaks the neck off his
guitar and throws it in the crowd and the guy fights for the guitar
neck and then he runs out of the party and just throws the guitar
neck on the sidewalk.
Yeah, I like the mimes part to.
Yeah, lots to remember and a coppola unforgettable mise-en-scènes to.

The mimes are the only people the protagonist is willing to help.

Soundtrack's great!

Yeah, lots to remember and a coppola unforgettable mise-en-scènes to.

The mimes are the only people the protagonist is willing to help.

Soundtrack's great!

Sounds good.
Guess I never realized Herbie did the soundtrack.
Maybe I just went ahead and forgot.
It's kinda different to hear Herbie playin' a organ like that.
Reminds me a little of Jimmy Smith.

Sounds good.
Guess I never realized Herbie did the soundtrack.
Maybe I just went ahead and forgot.
It's kinda different to hear Herbie playin' a organ like that.
Reminds me a little of Jimmy Smith.
According to Wikipedia:

The album features performances by Hancock, Freddie Hubbard, Joe Newman, Phil Woods, Joe Henderson, Jim Hall, Ron Carter, and Jack DeJohnette. Although Jimmy Smith is credited with playing organ on the album some sources claim it was Paul Griffin that was present at the recording sessions.

According to Wikipedia:

The album features performances by Hancock, Freddie Hubbard, Joe Newman, Phil Woods, Joe Henderson, Jim Hall, Ron Carter, and Jack DeJohnette. Although Jimmy Smith is credited with playing organ on the album some sources claim it was Paul Griffin that was present at the recording sessions.

Almost said it was Paul Griffin. :brows::p

Hey, Central European folks, since Sep 10, a limited number of the teal BD has been available exclusively on jpc for the GSA market. Still some copies available.

tealdach - Kopie.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been available since late July
bd2 - Kopie.png

The GSA "version" was released a few weeks later, exclusively for jpc.de. Probably a collaboration between hmv and jpc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom