the devel's reject , loafing oaf , theo .......

V

viva moz

only appears when there's some mud to be slung at morrissey.
this man has made it his mission in life to destroy moz and mock his political views.
i would never be you.
and don't try and come back with some cut and paste nonsense , i wouldn't be reading .

people outraged by this latest statement can;t possibly b morrissey fans , i mean the man is famous for his views on the subject and has been from day one.
did you have the same reaction when he wrote meat is murder?

> only appears when there's some mud to be slung at morrissey.
> this man has made it his mission in life to destroy moz and mock his
> political views.

Actually, I came here after I got the EP today, and my first messages posted were simply praising "Human Being" and "I Knew I Was Next." I didn't know about the Canada thing till I looked around the board a bit.

> people outraged by this latest statement can;t possibly b morrissey fans ,
> i mean the man is famous for his views on the subject and has been from
> day one.
> did you have the same reaction when he wrote meat is murder?

Actually, I'm opposed to the seal clubbing.

I just wrote a message a couple threads down the list, which gives my problem with his statement. The problem is that he can't help making his statement ridiculous;y over-the-top either because he's desperate for controversy when his album's coming out, or because he's just not as smart as someone like Bono. Perhaps this is because he's 100% indoctrinated by a cult called PETA.

> I just wrote a message a couple threads down the list,

And that message is here: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;read=323866

> Actually, I came here after I got the EP today, and my first messages
> posted were simply praising "Human Being" and "I Knew I Was
> Next." I didn't know about the Canada thing till I looked around the
> board a bit.

> Actually, I'm opposed to the seal clubbing.

> I just wrote a message a couple threads down the list, which gives my
> problem with his statement. The problem is that he can't help making his
> statement ridiculous;y over-the-top either because he's desperate for
> controversy when his album's coming out, or because he's just not as smart
> as someone like Bono. Perhaps this is because he's 100% indoctrinated by a
> cult called PETA.

Bono? Smart?! Ok.....

> Bono? Smart?! Ok.....

I don't like U2's music much at all. But Bono is an extemely smart man, unquestionably devoted to helping people in Africa, highly effective at it, and impossible not to respect. His approach to people (both regular citizens and powerful people) is in a manner that makes them receptive to listening.

> I don't like U2's music much at all. But Bono is an extemely smart man,
> unquestionably devoted to helping people in Africa, highly effective at
> it, and impossible not to respect. His approach to people (both regular
> citizens and powerful people) is in a manner that makes them receptive to
> listening.

Sorry, I don't agree that it is impossible to respect Bono. I don't respect him in the slightest.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

> Sorry, I don't agree that it is impossible to respect Bono. I don't
> respect him in the slightest.

> Just my humble opinion, of course.

But, objectively, he's made a difference in Africa. He's made citizens in rich countries around the world pay more attention. He's gotten the ears of the most powerful politicians. He's helped get hundreds of thousands of Africans medical drugs that they need.

When Bono comes on American TV, he doesn't start ranting: "America is evil, run by psychopaths, it's more barbaric than China, blah blah blah...."

Instead he comes as a level-headed, wise, and decent man, encouraging people to listen about ways we we can do something to turn Africa around. He's not consumed with hatred and bullshit.

And he's fair.

For example:

"Well, I think [President Bush has] done an incredible job, his administration, on AIDS. And 250,000 Africans are on antiviral drugs. They literally owe their lives to America. In one year that's being done. … Yes, there's a lot of pressure on President Bush. If he, though, in his second term, is as bold in his commitments to Africa as he was in the first term, he indeed deserves a place in history in turning the fate of that continent around." - Bono

When I hear that, I hear a friend who's trying to appeal to the better angels in people. We helped 250,000 that easily? Yeah, I think we can do more, and I wanna listen to this guy.

i love theo and this th(e)oughts.

Back
Top Bottom