The campaign vs the music

Ticketbastard

Kewpie - See tickets after more than a few hours on the 'phone stated they could not find my purchase listed 'on the system', from my card number and my ticket number - it was odd they had all my other ticket purchases there though.:confused:

I purchased the L'pool ticket when they were first released - 6 months before hand, I did search my emails but I actually do not have much time to search through 6 months worth of emails to find my ticket details. I still have my ticket and it was posted to me.

Just don't trust the vendor anymore.

You should search your email confirmation, it's worth £40!

SeeTickets is better than Ticketbastard.
Ticketbastard failed to post tickets which booked in December 2008, refused to send them to UK address.
I'm not intend to book tickets from Ticketbastard again.

Is this really so bad? Surely the campaign is important?

I can see what your saying, but what comes to mind is the Kings Of Leon recently releasing a clothing line. Not just merch, but a proper fashion range. I mean that to me is completely disgusting. It's not like they need the money after the mind-blowing success they've had. When I see things like this, I think why do they make music then? Why do I buy it? We clearly have different motives.

One of the reasons I love Morrissey is because he is a proper artist, in the original sense of the word. He creates pop music because he loves it. It's not all about making money & copping off.

This is a quote from Moz in 1988.
"I think it's fact, things have reached an unthinkable state, where things are orchestrated entirely by unsympathetic and unmusical hands and ears. The people in key positions are people who don't consider pop culture to have any serious importance whatsoever."

:lbf:

"F**k you, I won't do what you tell me" - Rage against the Machine. Grassroots groups of musicians have managed to drum up enough support and purchases so that the 1992 song 'Killing in the Name' has landed in the Christmas no. 1 charts slot -
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6963334.ece

It is a strong reaction from the public indicating that many are fed up with the corporate campaigners bossing them around. As Morrissey said: "Even though you see the death of culture all around you, you also want to raise whatever it is you do to a higher plane..."

The 'Morrissey thing' has a few dimensions, such as his art, his world and his impact.

The music speaks for itself since The Smiths days. Peers, critics and fans agree on its superior quality. The introduction of other forms of art into the musical presentation - films, photography and particularly literature in the lyrics - was/is remarkable for precision and breadth. Morrissey's voice and theatricality suit live shows and he addresses real-life dramas.

The essence of Morrissey continues to attract and fascinate; how he broke through, how he goes on. I've been reading 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell who explains his theory that there are always causes for success, no matter how obscure. Culture, generation and family set people up (or otherwise) for opportunities. If an individual is in the right time at the right place; has exceedingly prepared (usually for about 10,000 hours before their ascent in the world) in their particular field, and has sufficient interpersonal skills to negotiate the best deal for themselves from the opportunities that present themselves, they're on the road. Yet these stories inspire, as much as the behaviours practised by the victors.

Morrissey's influence crops up all over the place in serious art, pop culture, topical media debates and in lifestyle choices, from vegetarianism and creative self-development to tattoos and lookalikes (and frinky record-breakers!)

And there's more; here's the baton... :)

Back
Top Bottom