Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

Because Morrissey never uses old popular culture references??

never. :lbf: But let’s give other human beings the benefit of the doubt and
not let our image of them get in the
way of seeing, and in turn be open to surprise.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was indeed a reference to the film you sited.

Fantastic to see Alain back in the fold. Boz isn't included - probably due to the UK's ludicrous Pingdemic track and trace BS: Boz and his Mrs would have to self isolate for ten days on their return to that rain sodden, over crowded rock off the edge of Europa - and that is a drag man. I'm here. Drumming along to ROTT to piss off the neighbours. Not thrilled about Buckley, he's your bog standard hi-hat–kick–snare merchant. No flair, no nuance, no style - he's no Budgie. Paresi is the best drummer Morrissey has worked with. Spencer is second, some finesse, great rhythm. Morrissey, you know where to find me when you want a Budgie wannabe to add some texture and dimension ...
Quite the ruffian, aren't you?
Dear Spencer always had it. Unfortunately, indulgent times sometimes bring about waning interest in things that are extra-ordinary....

Anyone aware of any post-concert comments from Alain Whyte on any channels? It's really great to see him up on stage again. Heart-warming stuff. Knockabout World is one of my favourite all-time Morrissey songs and seeing Alain up there singing the backing vocals is just priceless! Wonder what he makes of this relatively new stuff. Surely, he must be a little surprised at how brilliant some of it is. Can't wait to hear the new Morrissey/Whyte songs either. These are great times to be a fan. Don't take them for granted!

Last edited:
Anyone aware of any post-concert comments from Alain Whyte on any channels? It's really great to see him up on stage again. Heart-warming stuff. Knockabout World is one of my favourite all-time Morrissey songs and seeing Alain up there singing the backing vocals is just priceless! Wonder what he makes of this relatively new stuff. Surely, he must be a little surprised at how brilliant some of it is. Can't wait to hear the new Morrissey/Whyte songs either. These are brilliant times to be a fan. Don't take them for granted!
I reckon I heaurd hium sauy thius:

Duuuuuuude, open up!!! Please!!!!! I know it's 2am, but California Son sent me here to get an XL order of guacamole ranch french fries with extra habanero sauce, a family size order of potato rolled tacos, root beer, and a large coffee . He told me if I was not back in an hour with his exact order I was out of the Vegas gigs I am playing for free.

Anyone aware of any post-concert comments from Alain Whyte on any channels? It's really great to see him up on stage again. Heart-warming stuff. Knockabout World is one of my favourite all-time Morrissey songs and seeing Alain up there singing the backing vocals is just priceless! Wonder what he makes of this relatively new stuff. Surely, he must be a little surprised at how brilliant some of it is. Can't wait to hear the new Morrissey/Whyte songs either. These are great times to be a fan. Don't take them for granted!
He's quoted on FB as saying he really liked half of Dog on Chain, so he's in good company.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom