The Ashes

123xyz

Subscriber
Why did I start this thread ? It isn't as though I didn't watch the first session a.k.a. the blitzkrieg of Broad , part 2

Christ , I just checked the score ; now it's 5 / 110 !

I was hoping that the sunnier weather would render England's swing attack less menacing. Oh well ... maybe Broad will fall under a bus ...

Re: The Ashes ...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Australia 200-plus runs ahead on the second day ... heh , heh , heh ...

C'mon poms . this might be my only chance of sneering over the summer ....

A lead of 457 (as I type). Looking like the first test will go Australia's way. You little battler 123xyz! As a Kiwi I really don't know who I want to win this series. There's no stars in the Australian team, yet look at how they tore apart the lower middle order yesterday. Good for the five day game. And the series isn't over yet.

A lead of 457 (as I type). Looking like the first test will go Australia's way. You little battler 123xyz! As a Kiwi I really don't know who I want to win this series. There's no stars in the Australian team, yet look at how they tore apart the lower middle order yesterday. Good for the five day game. And the series isn't over yet.

Surely you have to support Australia , if only because we don't have as big a knob as Kevin Pieterson in our side ! I think I remember reading somewhere that he left South Africa because he felt the notion of saving one space in the squad for an black guy was somehow unsound (!) ...

C'mon , when NZ play England , it isn't as though I'm cheering on the evil empire :) . Oh hang on , there was that Trevor Chappell underarm business , wasn't there ( cough , splutter ) ... ?

Happily , Australia ahead ( and shockingly ) by 500 + runs ... as you say , Librarian , there aren't any real superstars in the Aust. bowling line up. All very surprising ... as was the English lack of interest in bouncing Mitchell Johnson , particularly after the Aussies abused poor old Broad with over after over of that stuff ....

Well the ANZAC spirit does run deep. And we can't let the old country be tops in something. That would just be wrong. It's an uphill battle now though isn't it for England? I know it's ages away but I'm going to the first day of New Zealand vs. India. February 2014. I've always wanted to see India play. We should have a cricket thread here on Moz Solo. Not that Moz himself likes the game.

Oh and it's Australia vs. New Zealand for the rugby league world cup. Who would have picked that final!

God knows I've been trying to bait Poms all week ! I guess Mitchell Johnson has them all voiding their bowels with fear. I did enjoy the way Clarke threatened Anderson with a "broken f***ing arm" ...

Should I laugh so prematurely ? Probably not ; the next Test is at Adelaide ( a notoriously flat wicket ) so I doubt Mitchell will be able to replicate his magic ...

- - - Updated - - -

Well the ANZAC spirit does run deep. And we can't let the old country be tops in something. That would just be wrong. It's an uphill battle now though isn't it for England? I know it's ages away but I'm going to the first day of New Zealand vs. India. February 2014. I've always wanted to see India play. We should have a cricket thread here on Moz Solo. Not that Moz himself likes the game.

Oh and it's Australia vs. New Zealand for the rugby league world cup. Who would have picked that final!

It'll be interesting to see how India do without Tendulkar ...

What's lacking on Morrissey Solo is a Cricket thread! And now with Cliff and Morrissey best mates we might need a tennis thread. The cricket. Not the ashes, but Brendon McCullum 302 second innings against India. He scored three centuries in two test centuries. He's become the first New Zealander to score the triple century. A small humble man and a grea tcricketer. New Zealand beat the second ranked test team 1-0 in the series.

And in South Africa, who would have thought the Aussies would be on top. Mitchell Johnson is a freak!

Back
Top Bottom