The Art of The Smiths

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
Just like everyone on here I love the iconic Smiths cover art, there is something so nostalgic and timeless about the cover art of The Smiths, the early Morrissey stuff kept that essence of it as well. I love looking round and seeing all the great unnofficial fan cover art as well some I've seen could have been actual covers from back in the day!

If you're passionate about this kind of thing, please post your own artwork or your favourite Smiths/Morrissey cover art!

This is one I've just done in the last half hour!

2le0aau.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

That's lovely.
I am clueless about such things, how about doing one for the alternate versions download that was posted yesterday. :)

^^^^^^^

That's lovely.
I am clueless about such things, how about doing one for the alternate versions download that was posted yesterday. :)

I love to! Alf Button is really good as well, he captures that really Britsh nostalgia to it.

I'll see what bootlegs there are!

Last edited:
Just like everyone on here I love the iconic Smiths cover art, there is something so nostalgic and timeless about the cover art of The Smiths, the early Morrissey stuff kept that essence of it as well. I love looking round and seeing all the great unnofficial fan cover art as well some I've seen could have been actual covers from back in the day!

If you're passionate about this kind of thing, please post your own artwork or your favourite Smiths/Morrissey cover art!

This is one I've just done in the last half hour!

2le0aau.jpg

Very nice. What's the name of the 'Smiths' font, please?

I've made a bunch (mostly for bootlegs) over the years, but this is the only one I could find right now (from a 'fan artwork' type thread some time ago).

Another one. For the 'Festival of the Tenth Summer' gig bootleg.

I've made a bunch (mostly for bootlegs) over the years, but this is the only one I could find right now (from a 'fan artwork' type thread some time ago).

That's one of the best I've seen - let's face it, it could have been a Smiths cover - mind you, Jo Slee coordinated the art work :thumb: Well done.

Dave

Dear All,

I hope that you enjoy the following effort of mine. The image of a smoking Montgomery Clift is a favourite of my mother, and I have tried to keep to the essence of the covers with the use of muted colours.

Many thanks,

Boethius.

That's one of the best I've seen - let's face it, it could have been a Smiths cover - mind you, Jo Slee coordinated the art work :thumb: Well done.

Dave

Aye, I couldn't have done it without m(r)s. Slee. Thanks though! :)

Tags
smiths art
Back
Top Bottom