sophie and maus napping:
P1080820.jpg

sophie waking up:
P1080824.jpg

sophie awake:
P1080828.jpg

Sorry, no cute piccies. Just this silly story. Very suspicious:

Police Respond To Hostage Call, Find Only Cat

WYCKOFF, N.J. -- A noted cybercrime expert is helping authorities in northern New Jersey determine who placed a fake hostage call that targeted her. Parry Aftab is a frequent media commentator on Internet privacy and security.

About 30 police and SWAT team members surrounded her home in Wyckoff for about three hours Saturday after a man called police and said he was armed with explosives and had two hostages. The call came from a non-listed number. Police shot tear gas canisters into the home but found only Aftab's cat inside.

Wyckoff Police Chief Benjamin Fox says the perpetrator could be charged with making a false police report as well as more serious charges that could lead to jail time.Aftab says she's working with computer experts to find the person or group responsible.

Yesterday we went to dinner in downtown Los Angeles and walked past this meditation store? Yoga shop? Reflexology? I dunno WHAT it was exactly, I think it was called Stella, but there were three beautiful cats in front of it. Which is odd because it's a ridiculously jenky/scary/BUSY part of downtown, nowhere you'd want a cat, but they were remarkably cool and at home with it all. So I stopped and took a pic of them. As we continued walking we noticed that one of them went into the gutter, he was just calmly watching some dogs who were walking across the street, as though he was considering running across three lanes of traffic to check them out. I was so afraid, I approached him and a lady who'd been watching said, "No don;t go near him or you will scare him into traffic" but the more I watched, the cat was completely in control, he wasn;t going to do anything to put himself in harms way, he just had a better view in the gutter. Then the lady said, "Yeah this cat lady went into the store (Stella) and they were following her down the street, but apparently they just stay outside in those baskets and around the sidewalk." They were following this lady and just hanging out in front of the store until she was done doing her yoga or whatever. But there were baskets for them to sit in so it must be a regular thing they do everyday.

It was tres bizarre because the mom in me wants to keep the cats safe but the cool person in me thinks "Huh. Neat."

5989366814_ff4a2233b3_z.jpg

5989367912_f80b51eeb1_z.jpg

(You know how I see signs? Animals "point" sometimes, they look me deep in the eyes then look at something then look back at me and look back at the thing, to get me to look at whatever...this cat was pointing either at the little bicycle or the statue of a sleeping cat in the window. It was an exchange. Cool cat too.)

5989368714_c9a16471d2_z.jpg

Last edited:
Maymay loves the remote. :sweet:

6071304755_5fb55a24be_z.jpg

6071857294_f96c62cced_z.jpg

(This cat and her sister are looking for a loving home. If interested PM me.)

Uh, yes, non Invader Zim fan.

If it's a Cartoon Network or Adult Swim show then it is for good reason. I purposely DO NOT watch as if I did, I would get sucked in and have to arrange a pee can and sustenance feeding tube system in front of the television. Self preservation and some semblence of a livlihood dictate I should not watch. :D

f*** all that; there's more art on TV then you're likely to find in real life. Get a bottle of cheap red wine, a bed pan, and put on Invader Zim. Trust me when I say you won't regret it.

Would it surprise you if I said I'm tired of having my mind blown? :p

What do you mean by fly-aways? (I'm either drunk or stupid.)

alicia%20keys%20flyaway%20hair.jpg

Actually that could be a typrewriter Myrtle is sitting on?

It was a typewriter case of mine, during Hipster Phase #204. But as it just sat there and collected dust, and I hate typewriters, I was asked if it could instead be turned into a hairdresser's supply case, and I said "sure, knock yourself out."

And so it was. And Myrtle likes to sit on it.

Nice! I was once a model for a lady who went through esthetician school. She had to put makeup on me in a hygenic fashion. I looked like a whore/clown afterward, but she passed. :D

Norma and children about a month later.

img2531fv.jpg

OMG LIL FUZZY!! Are you joking? Look at that little fuzzmuffin on the left!!! That's got to be Myrtle.

Tags
cats cats rule kitties meow neow nyan-nyan purr pussies galore
Back
Top Bottom