The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
He has explicitly said he is not a gay man, as I understand it. He’s also had relationships with men and women.

Tina?
He can say what he wants, but his body of his work and his life clearly shows that sexually, he is attracted to men, not women.

I dont think that was what the poster was saying. He/she was saying the self repression over his sexuality could lead to reactivity elsewhere. I dont think it was a point about the political left or right.

Possibly - there's a few songs about falling in love because politics is futile.

Please find the passage and post cause I can't remember it. I'd love to reread it. I am dubious of his claim based on everything he has said elsewhere about sex and women.

Yes he has been derogatory many times over women's bodies on relation to sex. It would seem unlikely. Problem is when the man has a history of concealing is a book written by the same man a good place to look for facts.

I've been reading Simon Goddard's Songs that Saved Your Life, and there's a funny quote from Morrissey in reference to "Some Girls are Bigger Than Others" in which he talks about the genesis of the song coming from the realization that he had one day that women's bodies are shaped different ways. He had gotten to adulthood without actually paying any attention to women's bodies at all!!

I know. I used to read it from 85 onwards. I really can't remember a men seeking men column.....unless you have the evidence to back it up...i'm not convinced.

It may not have specifically been called men seeking men but there was defo a column used by men to find other men and men seeking women and women seeking women. I know cause I placed an ad in it in the early 80s and I got lots of replies which would come through the door in parcels forwarded by the NME from other men responding to my ad and writing letters to the box number.

A certain person also did the same thing pretty much around the same time.

Moz has never associated with Bristol knobheads much less set foot in peasant Huddersfield FFS 🤒

If he's joyful in his bed & thought about a kid it's not total repulsion.

I think he is joyful in his bed later when he is thinking back in West Hollywood. I dont think he is saying he was joyful in bed with Tina thinking about having a baby.

Discussing "the unthinkable act" doesn't really bode well as a sexual attraction

🤒

only true in that Drama lePew is not an celebrity and is basically an unknown midget twat. :p
hes probably schnoggling with a bunch of dudes today and nobody would notice or care.:lbf:

It's almost awe-inspiring how you think about Johnny 24/7, it really is, but you need some new material.

It may not have specifically been called men seeking men but there was defo a column used by men to find other men and men seeking women and women seeking women. I know cause I placed an ad in it in the early 80s and I got lots of replies which would come through the door in parcels forwarded by the NME from other men responding to my ad and writing letters to the box number.

A certain person also did the same thing pretty much around the same time.

I remember friendship/pen-pal ads but I would be amazed if you're right. The NME wasn't that "progressive" then.

I remember friendship/pen-pal ads but I would be amazed if you're right. The NME wasn't that "progressive" then.

Yes of course it was perceived as a pen pal thing but most ads stated what gender they wanted to hear from. I said I wanted to hear from other gay men. It was very common in those ads. The NME was quite liberal as was its readership. There are old copies around. Take a look. I got replies to my ad coming in buik for at least a month after the ad was placed. I wrote to many of them and met up with several and still in touch with one or two.

The ads were always music based but were very obvious what people wanted. Mine was on basis of wanting to get in touch with another gay man who was interested in certain music tastes that I stated in the ad. As was his. They weren't like dating ads now which maybe more direct.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom