That Elvis Costello banner

What banner?

If it's an ad for his latest album, that would have been helpful, actually--I just noticed last night at the store that he had a new one out. I had no idea. Did I buy it? No, just like I haven't bought anything of his since the soporific North. But I did buy a copy of Paste mag to listen to one song from it. Meh. I think I made the right choice.

lol, wut

I just thought it was a bit ironic that after badmouthing the Moz in that inteverview he puts an ad on here. Haha.

all that happens automatically. someone or some script somewhere decided that the two artists have enough in common that, "If you like Morrissey, you might like..." Elvis Costello. So he didn't actually choose to advertise here. Anyway, he's said a lot of things. I doubt he can keep track. He was great on Larry Sanders, though.

What he said is on this site, and it's not all that bad, in my opinion.

Elvis Costello on Morrissey

posted by davidt on Monday February 07 2005, @08:00AM

Velvetnose writes:

Taken from a recent article in the London Times entitled "Will the Real Elvis Please Standup?"

Elvis was being compared to Bowie and Jagger as an English icon and had this to describe the fragility of being an artist today.

"Take Morrissey. For me, he’s been singing the same tune for 20 years. I just don’t get it. But he’s clearly an interesting character and means a lot to people. He seems to be of a disposition that is very sensitive to criticism and therefore it’s appropriately English that he becomes cherished in that kind of Frankie Howard, Tony Hancock way. Those who are fragile, who need to be cosseted, maybe their shortcomings or their excellence in their field is then woven into the fabric along with Albert Tatlock and Hobnobs.”

Nice try TROLL!

Just don't try your reverse psychology with me

You STILL did not answer my question did you, which was what brings a non Moz fan on to this board? You don't seem to have any real reason for being here apart from infiltration of a fan site that you admittedley have no interest in as far as Morrissey goes? And don't bother to do a quicky google on his songs or history. Let's face it schmuk, you've had at least three different ID's but still come up with nothing that says you either like, or love him?

Name that tune then, and tell me personally which is your Moz fav, and why, and how long you have admired his work? (quick google on way)

I have been a Moz fan since '84, so what about you daft bat, going on about everything else (except Morrissey)

Tags
hobnobs? lol wut?
Back
Top Bottom