tell us about the last Film you saw

One of the biggest industries in the world is the manufacturin' of weapons
and as long as folks are programmed to Support The Troops, then it's gonna
continue to flourish.
Nowadays they use Support The Troops to sell all kinds of products.
I even heard a commercial on the radio the other day where the used Support
The Troops to sell shoes.
In this commercial, this guy says "I messed up my feet while servin' in Iraq and
wearin' these shoes was the first time my feet have felt comfortable since."
People are gonna think if they buy those shoes they Support The Troops.
Haha, it sounds funny but it's real.
Yes, it kinda sounds like a satire, doesn't it? Especially as nowadays most warfare is carried out by unmanned drones. I think it increased significantly during the Obama administration.
"Support the Troops" also implies that civilians are asked to participate actively in the war, as a home front, because since the bourgeois revolutions warfare has become the people's "business" as well.

Maybe this development towards constant warfare and the subsequent creation of home fronts in democratic countries has also increased the ideological chasms inside these nations.

As far as I know, Biden only changed his belligerent attitute when he became vice president under Obama. His closest foreign-policy advisors all have close connections to the armaments industry and think tanks supported by this industry, like Michelle Flournoy, Antony Blinken, Nicholas Burns, et al.
What we shouldn't forget is that Biden supported a war which was against international law and was solidly founded on lies. I don't know if he has ever acknowledged that.
Trump isn't any better. He also increased drone warfare and struck billion dollar arms deals with Saudi Arabia to enable them to wage war against the civilian population in Jemen, with US weaponry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it kinda sounds like a satire, doesn't it? Especially as nowadays most warfare is carried out by unmanned drones. I think it increased significantly during the Obama administration.
"Support the Troops" also implies that civilians are asked to participate actively in the war, as a home front, because since the bourgeois revolutions warfare has become the people's "business" as well.

Maybe this development towards constant warfare and the subsequent creation of home fronts in democratic countries has also increased the ideological chasms inside these nations.

As far as I know, Biden only changed his belligerent attitute when he became vice president under Obama. His closest foreign-policy advisors all have close connections to the armaments industry and think tanks supported by this industry, like Michelle Flournoy, Antony Blinken, Nicholas Burns, et al.
What we shouldn't forget is that Biden supported a war which was against international law and was solidly founded on lies. I don't know if he has ever acknowledged that.
Trump isn't any better. He also increased drone warfare and struck billion dollar arms deals with Saudi Arabia to enable them to wage war against the civilian population in Jemen, with US weaponry.

The military has become a religion in the United States and servin' in the military
is considered to be the most pious act someone can perform.
You are now expected to thank soldiers for their service and if ya don't, then ya better
have a good explanation as to why.
This kind of atmosphere makes it very scary to question anything.
It's really more like "The Troops Support", because their image is being used to support
a lot of profit and industry.

If a picture is written by Samuel Becket and it's featurin' Buster Keaton,
then it's gonna draw a high curiosity in The Wild Turkey Community.
Ain't even gonna waste time tryin' to explain what it's about.
I just think this thing is great and I watched it twice already.
This is a liberation picture.

To be honest with ya, I kinda lost track of the dialogue in this picture at times, because
the desolate sea side imagery had me daydreamin' with a warm and fuzzy feelin'.
It reminded me of the good feelin' of when the Covid lock down first happened and the
streets were nice and empty and I was just walkin' around listenin' to that Bob Dylan song
Turkey Murder Most Foul over and over again.
Marguerite Duras was a heck of a writer and she was great at makin' pictures too.

I watched True Romance on starz. It's a fun blend of crime and romance that might make a good double bill with Wild at Heart. Nic Cage is the better Elvis but the eggplant scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken is about as good as it gets for a scene that's mostly dialog.

It weren't an easy undertakin' to make a picture out of Finnegans Wake.
It was gonna take an artist like Mary Ellen Bute to really do it right and she did.
This is great as just a picture and it's also really helpful in givin' context to the book.
Can't believe this picture ain't more widely known and applauded.

Last edited:
This here is one of the early instances of scene stealin' in the history of pictures.
That Girl was over there enjoyin' her biscuits and milk and then that Cat steps in
and let's her know that the real star of the show has arrived.
That Cat had charisma.

This here is one of the early instances of scene stealin' in the history of pictures.
That Girl was over there enjoyin' her biscuits and milk and then that Cat steps in
That Cat had charisma.

(y):catface:

I watched that documentary on Hulu about Tekashi 69. It was pretty entertaining. I didn't really learn anything new because I read about his trial when it was happening but they did have some interesting interviews with people that were around the situation.

They went ahead and called this Jimmy Carter: Rock N' Roll President, but Jimmy was
really into many styles of music, including Jazz, Country, Gospel, Soul, and Classical.
Jimmy even had a Jazz concert at the White House with the amazin' line up, consistin' of
Dizzy Gillespie, Herbie Hancock, Dexter Gordon, Ron Carter, George Benson and Tony Williams.
Later on in the performance, Jimmy even got up and sang Salt Peanuts with Dizzy!
Jimmy is a fine man and he brought his fine ideals to the Presidency, but was eventually
derailed, 'cause he didn't give into the blood lust of the American public.
Jimmy just danced it off and went on to form the Carter Foundation and Habitat For Humanity
and has helped to facilitate a positive change throughout this planet they call Earth.

Ross Lipman went ahead and takes a in depth insight into the makin'
of the Samuel Beckett picture called Film.
If ya were like Wild T and got fascinated by Film (and I know ya weren't),
then ya really gonna get an extra fascination and understandin' into how this
thing was accomplished and manifested.
This is the kind of thing that ain't supposed to happen but then goes ahead and
happens anyway.

That Cat had charisma.

i love it when he dips his paw in the milk and licks it!!!!! :love:
i like the girl too though, she's pretty cute!

It was gonna take an artist like Mary Ellen Bute to really do it right and she did.
This is great as just a picture and it's also really helpful in givin' context to the book.

Joyce used to write love letters describing being turned on by the windy pops of his other half. Bit odd.

Dr. Jenny Davin got into Doctorin' as a means to help folks.
She even turned down a high faultin' position in favor of runnin' a neighborhood clinic.
It's this kind of dedication which sets Dr. Jenny onto the path of findin' out the identity
of The Unknown Girl, so to insure that the Girl doesn't get buried in a nameless grave.
If ya like the Dardenne brothers pictures, then ya gonna like this one to.
Never had heard of Adele Haenel before, but her portrayin' of Dr. Jenny,
would make me watch another picture just because she was in it.

Just saw a Morrissey-inspired double feature Brighton Rock (for the 2nd time) and Taste of Honey (for the first). Both wonderful films fitting of the loving tributes Moz has given to them.

Tanks tu 🇫🇷

Ross Lipman went ahead and takes a in depth insight into the makin'
of the Samuel Beckett picture called Film.
If ya were like Wild T and got fascinated by Film (and I know ya weren't),
then ya really gonna get an extra fascination and understandin' into how this
thing was accomplished and manifested.
This is the kind of thing that ain't supposed to happen but then goes ahead and
happens anyway.

My mother spoke endlessly about the fact Beckett rejected Lucia. :disrelieved:

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom