Talkhouse podcast: Idles singer wouldn't support Morrissey (May 28, 2020)

I honestly fail to understand how any POC doesn’t take issue with his politics or antics. I’m sure his band members have rationalized it all... but not really sure how they can “separate the artist from his art”.
Typical fare from Crumbs (aka skinny sjw clone)..relentless POC yawnisms. Tedious, predictable oaf. You must hate being you & all the 'injustice' you see absolutely everywhere, & every day.

Idles are pretty big. I suspect their last album sold more than Morrissey’s recent atrocity.

They are consistently inclusive, anti racist, anti misogyny and carry a genuine emotional punch. In those regards they are Morrissey’s polar opposites.

They're middle-class, tuneless knob jockeys.

Idles > Morrissey

Their last album spent 8 weeks in the charts (in comparison with the one week from Melvis)

2020: Idles are bigger (and more worth) then Melvis. Its a very weak comparison in general

You judge musical worth by chart positions?
He doesn't judge anything, he just makes up stupid names & words, throws them together then randomly appears here ever so often to post on unrelated subjects to whatever is rattling around his empty napper. Bloke is a grade A wally.

Typical fare from Crumbs (aka skinny sjw clone)..relentless POC yawnisms. Tedious, predictable oaf. You must hate being you & all the 'injustice' you see absolutely everywhere, & every day.

Happy you read the post, but you seem rather nasty. Please consider putting me on mute or simply ignore if I ruffle your feathers that much.

what a bunch of cucks cucking on that podcast.:eyes:
a bunch of old dudes worried about being masculine.:)
kvetching about having the toxic masculinity☣, mcgee should
put on a dress and get on with it FFS?????

I didn't know this band existed. It sounds a bit like Nirvana trying to play in the style of Fugazi, but not really managing to do it.

My personal opinion: I don't like Sting. I don't even like The Police... I never liked him and the idea that he was involved in the failed movie of the Sex Pistols is even more atrocious. My opinion is as relevant as this mans opinion about Morrissey.

The next thread will be: "a random man from Portland who was at a supermarket purchasing two beers and wearing gloves doesn't like Morrissey"... and Skinny will show up and say: "I told you, he is over".

Really like the IDLES and I can understand very well why Joe Talbot wouldn't want to perform to people like Stephen Hofmann.

I honestly fail to understand how any POC doesn’t take issue with his politics or antics. I’m sure his band members have rationalized it all... but not really sure how they can “separate the artist from his art”.

"POC" is an insulting and condescending term. There's "white people" and then there's "POC". It's a form of oppression to label and lump together all non-whites in this way. My family is from Pakistan and my/our life experience is different from a latino family living in LA to a black family living in Brixton. By trying to speak on my behalf generalising all non-white people you're being a racist oppressor, trying to tell our stories for us, even though you maybe don't mean to and maybe have admirable intentions.

"I honestly fail to understand" yes you certainly do, you actually wrote the answer in your post and didn't realise

Illuminating that none of the Morrissey fanatics recognise the voice of the questioner.

Just shows that NONE of you were around when Morrissey mattered.

Illuminating that none of the Morrissey fanatics recognise the voice of the questioner.

Just shows that NONE of you were around when Morrissey mattered.
Not really needed when they announce who it is and it's in the description on the site.
Some of us have been following since '82 and that particular person is not a huge part of either The Smiths or Morrissey's history.
Talbot's 'In Conversation' tour did feature one guest spot by Clint Boon and that would have probably been more relevant.
FWD.

Not really needed when they announce who it is and it's in the description on the site.
Some of us have been following since '82 and that particular person is not a huge part of either The Smiths or Morrissey's history.
Talbot's 'In Conversation' tour did feature one guest spot by Clint Boon and that would have probably been more relevant.
FWD.

No they don’t.

It’s questions from the audience.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom