Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Morrissey is among the Playbills on the official Broadway 2019-2020 season poster. He’s in excellent company.
FBCA42A3-BDED-4F85-A5CE-CEA9B3438CA8.jpeg

BBC Archive posted a section from 8 Days A Week:

"#OnThisDay 1959: Morrissey was born. In 1984 he appeared on ‘8 Days a Week’ alongside George Michael to first of all critique some soul and rhythm & blues reissues and secondly, a recently released book on Joy Division."

The full video is lurking on YT.
Regards,
FWD.

Nothing special and also an old picture (my guess is 2012) but here's ex-RHCP guitarist Josh Klinghoffer wearing a Morrissey shirt. He's a fan and has covered some Moz and Smiths songs over the years.
4c8716891cdc422d9c172236f1793530.jpg

Richard Bellia doesn't appear to show on this site or archive which is odd - featuring him to associate the images with the photographer. He's captured some of the most iconic photos of singers/musicians I've seen in a while - totally worth checking out:

Regards,
FWD.

Well, that's Billy Bragg's Christmas Card sorted out then... ;)

Apparently it was "Morrissey May" and nobody noticed. ?

Swiss Family Morrissey present:

"This is Lily's favourite song so there was no way she was going to let me play piano on it. Tess made me miss out a verse too ?
Dear god please help me - Morrissey
#lockdown #robertsfamily #Morrissey"

A coded message perhaps?
:)
FWD.

Remember that time Stanley Baker released his debut solo LP...?

Stanley Baker Eva 1962.jpg

:yum:

More from the Stepford fans :)
Regards,
FWD.

"India pulls faces to music for YouTube money" - via her comments section.
Regards,
FWD.

Radio 4 Xtra Morrissey on Desert Island Discs Revisited with Kirsty Young 9pm to 9:45 PM 21/6/20.

Pete Burns {RiP} in a fairly rare official Smiths T (peek-a-boo) on a pop-tastic German TV show September 1985.
Pity he didn't give the 'fans' a flash of the full shirt. Might have livened them up. Or not.

*Note the rosebush in the right back pocket...which then falls out...to reveal a blue handkerchief :brows:

pete burns drop 1.jpg

pete burns drop 2.jpg

moz drop.jpg

Apparel available on The Smiths mini-Scotch tour that year {and via mail-order!}
As worn by all four members of The Smiths during the encore at Glasgow Barrowland ballroom on 23rd September 1985 {broadcast via 'The Tube' on Channel 4} ~

Smiths barrowland 23rd September 1985.jpg

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom