Strange/unexpected Moz references?

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/steven-soderbergh-in-conversation.html
"Steven Soderbergh has directed 26 films since his 1989 debut, sex, lies, and videotape — the behind-closed-doors portrait of yuppie Louisiana often credited with kick-starting the indie-film revolution of the nineties, released when he was only 26."

Based on a list you put together two years ago—of everything you read and watched between April 2010 and March 2011—you had no problem reading while you were making films. What are you reading now?
I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction. I just finished a wonderful novel by Paul Murray called Skippy Dies. Right before that, I finished Tony Fletcher’s book about the Smiths. They generated a lot of good music in a short time, then kind of burned out and crashed. I recently reread three Raymond Chandler novels, which were amazing all over again. I literally don’t think he uses more than 200 different words. Of all the arts, I think the novel comes closest to being inside another person’s head. Probably because none of it is being literalized; you’re creating the images based on what you’re reading, so you’re never “wrong.”

Jacquie O’Suillivan (the sexy one from Bananarama) interview

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/gtplus/secure/interviews-page-0-sectionid-590-articleid-9197.html

What about a Shillelagh Sisters reunion?

Me and Lyn have always remained friends and I love her, even though we don’t see each other that much, we still mention playing every now and then….who knows. Boz might not want to leave Morrissey for the reunion, although I have recently seen him “drag up” again (old habits) ha ha.

Just saw an excerpt of interview from Jonathan Ross show on ITV Saturday 2nd February with Russel Brand. Brand is wearing a Smiths sleeveless t-shirt. Whether it gets mentioned we will have to wait and watch to find out!

tumblr_mhjvpaINoI1qmvfx1o1_500.jpg

Keanu Reeves.

Awww, just saw a trailer of BBC 4 programme Danny Baker's Great Album Showdown which will be on 21:00 Tuesday.
It says some albums are bigger than others. :D

Last edited:
Awww, just saw a trailer of BBC 4 programme Danny Baker's Great Album Showdown which will be on 21:00 Tuesday.
It says some albums are bigger than others. :D

I don't know what the appeal is of Danny Baker. He just reminds me of a boring only child too used to being the centre of attention.

Today's BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq is talking about the bands never heard of, but went to see.
The topic was inspired by some people who were making fuss about Stone Roses headlining Coachella in April.

Steve read an email from a guy went to see Smiths Hacienda in 1982, but left before they were on stage.

Another guy who went to see Smiths in Norwich who remembers they played Handsome Devil twice because they didn't have enough songs.

Julie Burchill on Desert Island Discs (today 10th Feb.) chose Last Of The Famous International Playboys as her first choice.

P.

Edit - I think it was the second choice, not the first.

Last edited:
Also - just reading a review of Bedsit Disco Queen by Tracey Thorn, in which it refers to her being penpals with Morrissey.

P.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought she didn't like Morrissey.

Loves him. And the Smiffs. Apparently. As she retells in 'DiD' she met him once but it didn't go well. She'd been up for 3 nights taking cocaine and then Morrissey turned up at her house unexpectedly. She was very rude to him and he soon left. "But I thought he was very attractive, very big shoulders..yeah..Sexy..."

Neglects to mention to Young Kirsty that she then turned this degenerate encounter into a 3,000 word feature article in 'The Sunday Times Magazine' in 1994. I believe Jake Walters still has a hit out on her (probably cos she maintained in the article that Morrissey had doorstepped her with his 'boyfriend' Murray Chalmers, EMI press guy, in tow)

Apparently the 'love' doesn't quite extend far enough to get the actual title of her chosen disc right though...:rolleyes:

Morrissey coming in at number 47 in the online Esquire (US) list of the 50 most stylish musicans. Quite rightly they focused on his hair. However I really think the Morrissey of the past five years has been THE most stylish musican around. The tailored blazers, collared shirts, good shoes have really suited him and made him stand out from all the other bearded, skinny jean wearing musicans around.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/style-guides/most-stylish-musicians#slide-47

From the UK January 2013 issue of Esquire, in the feature "20 Albums You May Not Have heard, Championed By 20 Musicians You Really Should Have", a nice little bit from Brandon Flowers of The Killers saying why he recommendeds "Maladjested" to people. Bottom right. And centre is Johnny Marr singing the virtues of The The.

Am I the only one to read Esquire and GQ?

Attachments

• moz.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom