story on main page about smiths song on final series of extras

Thanks for that Cossy - good find!

Not quite as good as the series, and a bit corny, but 5 days ahead of schedule!

Thanks again

Thanks for that Cossy - good find!

Not quite as good as the series, and a bit corny, but 5 days ahead of schedule!

Thanks again

Your welcome Cowshed I actually really enjoyed it Clive Owen was v funny and always good to get my fav smiths song in an episode

cossy

Your welcome Cowshed I actually really enjoyed it Clive Owen was v funny and always good to get my fav smiths song in an episode

cossy

The Clive Owen scene's were probably the highlight. I wonder how close they came to using "Hold On To Your Friends" as well?!

Aah, bless. Was cheese on toast, but the end did make me cry. Well done Gervais and Merchant for a nice ending, and a lovely Smiths song just to add the icing on the cake.

Aah, bless. Was cheese on toast, but the end did make me cry. Well done Gervais and Merchant for a nice ending, and a lovely Smiths song just to add the icing on the cake.

Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was top. Not quite cheese and toast but more darker than previous series

Re: The Extras last night

Did anyone watch? A rare beautiful moment when they played Please, please, please let me get what I want.... Loudly too, not in the background! Shame they put Gordon Ramsey on the same show though.

Yes I watched the show. Was slightly dissapointed as someone had previously posted here that it was played in full. Still it fitted the scene perfectly.

And when Andy talks to Maggie from the Big Brother House, well, we had a drink in us but both myself and Mrs GlasgowChivas had tears in our eyes and lumps in our throats.

And Gordon Ramsay was good in it ..I actually met him in Glasgow about a month ago. I say met; he walked past and we all stood there gawping. He is surprising tall in the flesh. And his face IS that wrinkly.

I think it was a pretty average finale, but still better than most of the rubbish that gets on TV. The scene with Clive Owen was the funniest part. It was just nice to see it end with a bit of hope for Andy and Maggie. I wonder what Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's next series will be? Let's hope it's on par with The Office and Extras.

I did look for another thread but not that far back, thought it was the first showing last night. It wasnt as funny as other episodes (the ROnnie Corbett one was awesome!) but he does like to leave you feeling all warm and happy I think - remember Dawn and Tim in the Office with those paints?

Extras

Did anyone see the christmas special of Extras? In one poignant scene they played a large chunk of Please, Please, it made me smile even more.

Little things eh?

Loved it!
George Michael was another highlight. Talk about sending yourself up and having a good sense of humour.

Did anyone watch? A rare beautiful moment when they played Please, please, please let me get what I want.... Loudly too, not in the background! Shame they put Gordon Ramsey on the same show though.

I didn't but tracked it down. It was excellent. Bound to win awards. Every range of emotions was experienced. The underlying theme will have many people thinking. Clever stuff. This was the first 'Extras' I've watched. Now I will watch all the ones I've missed.

Back
Top Bottom