Steve Wright had a pop at Moz today

D

devout

Mentioned that Moz did a no-show on Stuart Maconie yesterday and laughed at the lyrics on YHKM.

> Mentioned that Moz did a no-show on Stuart Maconie yesterday and laughed
> at the lyrics on YHKM.
Steve Wright is a prat anyway

> Mentioned that Moz did a no-show on Stuart Maconie yesterday and laughed
> at the lyrics on YHKM.

if they were to make one of the work-place poster equivalents of Morrissey (you know those kinds that have a cat hanging from a wall and the caption says "hang in there!"), they would take the "you wanted it WHEN?" poster, but leave the drawings of laughing people and replace the caption with "you wanted me to show up?"

now, seriously. who out there is very surprised that moz didn't turn up for his interview?

> if they were to make one of the work-place poster equivalents of Morrissey
> (you know those kinds that have a cat hanging from a wall and the caption
> says "hang in there!"), they would take the "you wanted it
> WHEN?" poster, but leave the drawings of laughing people and replace
> the caption with "you wanted me to show up?"

> now, seriously. who out there is very surprised that moz didn't turn up
> for his interview?

Stuart Maconie.

Probably.

Stuart Macconie

Wasn't Stuart Macconie working at the NME at the time of the Finsbury Park episode?.

Re: Stuart Macconie

> Wasn't Stuart Macconie working at the NME at the time of the Finsbury Park
> episode?.

Yes but he was one of the few who was not in favour of the stand the paper took over Finsbury Park. In fact, he was one of the few British journos who were supportive of Moz in the 90s.

Re: Stuart Macconie

Yes that's right Hang this DJ indeed ... taken from LASID ...

"For anyone who doesn't already know the story, Morrissey wrote this song as a response to DJ Steve Wright's insensitive placing of Wham's vacuous "I'm Your Man" directly after a news report of the horrible Chernobyl disaster. Done live, Morrissey often twirled a noose around, wearing a T-shirt with the "zany" Steve Wright's face stamped, like a passport, with "HANG THE DJ". This song often prompted Morrissey to discourse on his hatred of "puerile" dance music, which he refers to in this song.
Steve Wright penned an "hilarious" pastiche of Morrissey, which you can read at Stephane Daigles' site."

Back
Top Bottom